Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Whats been going on!

So I can't believe that my little boy is almost 3 weeks old! It is so crazy to me that he is still supposed to be in my tummy until tomorrow and boy am I glad that he is not! Although I would love to get more sleep and not wake up to a screaming baby all the time but it is worth it. I love my little boy to pieces even if he is very frustrating especially at 2 or 3 in the morning. Well we had his 2 week appointment yesterday and he is still an ounce under his birth weight. The bad thing is that at his newborn appointment he was at 6 lbs 5 ounces and then 4 days later he was at 6.8 and over a week later he only gained an ounce! So we were instructed to give him a supplement of formula after I feed him if he still seems hungry and to go back in a week to see if he is gaining any more weight! So I guess being 2 1/2 weeks old and not back to your birth weight is not a good thing. Now I must say that nursing has sucked from the get go and I am still having problems with it. My little boy hurts me so badly and I think he is really lazy because he does not seem to eat all that well when he nurses. I would feed him for a half hour and afterwards he would scream like he is starving! So that has not been fun and I am ready to not be super sore anymore! If he would just nurse correctly and actually eat while nursing than I think we would both be happier. I don't know how much longer I can last if he keeps hurting me like he is and not eating while he is on me. Next week will be the month mark and if he is not doing better by then I think I will have a hard time not giving up and just giving him formula! So hopefully he starts doing better and I can stop being so entirely sore. He also still has his nights and days mixed up. During the day he seems to fall asleep super fast after he eats and sleep for like 3 hours. At night he will eat and then be awake for at least an hour and then only sleep for an 1 or 2 and then be up and screaming again! It is very frustrating especially when he does not want to eat right and hurts me! So anyways, it has been a rough go so far and I am hoping it gets better soon. He is the cutest little boy though and I feel so lucky to have him in my life. Brandon has been so good to me too. He is such a big help and I am so lucky to be able to have him home to help me during this time!
Our little guy at 2 weeks old

Also my birthday was yesterday and I had a great relaxing birthday. We started out with going to our little guys doctors appointment and then afterwards we went out to breakfast. It was really yummy and we ate a lot!! haha Then we just hung out at home and I ended up taking a nap and then Brandon rented "Travelers Wife" from the library and so we watched that and cuddled! :-) It was very nice to be able to really cuddle without having a huge belly in the way! Then we finished the day off with a yummy steak dinner and some monopoly deal! So it was a very nice day! Brandon was so good to me. He took care of our little one in the morning so that I could sleep a little bit more because it had been a long night with him. I have the best husband ever that is for sure and I am so lucky! I love both of the men in my life so much and feel like the luckiest girl alive!

We also celebrated our 2 year anniversary on July 12 and it was a pretty chill day as well. We had to go in for the newborn appointment that afternoon. So we really celebrated our anniversary by eating ribs for dinner and getting golden spoon that night and watched a movie. That was about it for our anniversary on the official day. However, we are planning on really celebrating it a little later. So it was nice for not having money and for still being kind of sore and my feet being swollen! haha So here is Brandon and I with our little guy on our anniversary!



3 comments:

  1. Yay!! SO fun! Happy Anniversary and happy new baby! I heard you guys are coming to the reunion and I'm so excited I could cry! Thanks to Ethan coming early right? GO Ethan! Can't wait to see you guys and the Ethan. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots to celebrate at your house! I cannot wait to meet that little baby. I'm just so happy for you guys! I remember thinking the same thing on Brycen's due date. It seemed weird that I had a 5-week-old baby when I should have been having him that day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok my dear I'm wondering if the little guy is tongue tied... it is something with their tongue that doesn't let them latch on right (causing lots of pain) and they want to eat, but can't really get a good suction so it is hard. You should call the lactation people at the hospital... I know they would be happy to look into it. There are things they can do to help with it too!! I'm sorry it's not been so fun! It really shouldn't hurt as bad as you are describing... nursing really is a cool thing (even fun) if they latch right!!!!!! Also Happy Birthday and Anniversary!! Glad to see you got to get out and do something... even if it wasn't extravagant!! =)

    ReplyDelete