Friday, March 31, 2023

Rest of March

We had a fun rest of our month of March. It was a good month with our trip to Cali and then a trip down to Colorado Springs as well as just trying to enjoy life with our kiddos. 
This picture is a little out of order. When I was able to bring my gluten we ent all out and went to Pot Belly to eat a yummy sandwich. I was pretty excited since it had been over 2 months since I had been able to have a tasty Pot Belly sandwich. I was also nervous. I didn't want to bring back gluten and have it cause a problem. Being on this elimination diet was super hard. I lost 10 pounds in 6 weeks because I didn't know what to eat. It was hard to eat enough calories when all I was eating was fruits, veggies, some nuts and protein. I allowed myself to have chips on Sunday nights as a treat.  So I was pretty excited to bring back gluten. It opens up so many possibilities. The only problem was that I over analyze everything. So I was gassy that night and started to worry that it was the bread. I think my body wasn't sure how to handle all of that heavy food in my body. haha 

Anyways, back to our fun stuff. 
We made our way to Colorado Springs 2 days after we got back from San Diego. So it was just enough time to do some laundry and pack up again. We were only staying for 2 nights so we could get back and enjoy some down time before the break was over. 







It was a fun 2 days filled with staying up late chatting or playing games, celebrating St. Patricks day with a little scavenger hunt that Coya put together and just letting the kids enjoy cousin time. Before we knew it it was time to head home. 

Brandon and I also got to go out on a date night. A fellow Endodontics office that our office refers to a lot invited us to a "brush and board" night. We got some food and were able to decorate our own craft that we selected before that night. It was a fun night and we liked how our crafts turned out. 










Plus everyone was sent home with a Yeti bottle, a blanket and a gloved window scraper. Brandon and I also won this Yeti cooler in a raffle drawing. I had Brandon put it in because he is the lucky one. Then when they read the numbers out they started with just doing the last 4 digits. Then when they read out another one they read out all the numbers. I had said right before they called the numbers out that it was going to be ours. Sure enough we won!! It was a great night! haha We took home a lot of fun stuff that night. 


Ethan was in charge that night and he kept calling and texting me about what his brothers were doing. Kayden ended up not wanting to go to bed and was crying and screaming. He ended up talking to me on the phone and telling me that he didn't want to go to bed. So I told him that he could sleep in with his Brothers if he was good and went to bed. So I told Ethan and he was able to get him to go to bed for him. Then since he is still too nervous when we are gone he kept texting asking when we were coming home. I told him to just go to bed and we would be home soon. Thankfully, he did and it all worked out. It is nice having a kid old enough to babysit. It is a little bit of a learning curve but it is working out. 

Then the 12 year old in our ward that was diagnosed with cancer started loosing his hair from the Kemo. So Ethan and Cohen Barker decided it was time to shave their heads after mutual. 




Pretty proud of these boys to support their fellow Youth this way. It was a big statement of love and support and the Diamonds boy felt very loved when they sent the picture to them. 

Golf tryouts also happened in March. I was not super excited for Ethan to try out for Golf because the matches were during school hours. Even though I was not too excited for that we figured we should let him tryout and see if he even makes the team. 

He said he didnt do great his first day of tryouts. The next day he was sick and feeling pretty awful. Tryouts were only 2 days. So if Ethan wanted any chance to make he team he had to make it to the second day of tryouts. So he slept until about noon and I gave him some Advil. Right before we had to leave he came out of his room and said that he wanted to go to tryouts. He ended up doing better than he did the first day of tryouts. He was glad he went. 

Silly Kayden! I can't remember what he told me he was being with the tile on his head. 

These boys were pretending to be either driving a car or flying a plane. They got it from "Bluey" 

Then one of the Sunday's the whole ward was going to wear their favorite shoes to church in support of Jack Diamond.


All of us sporting our shoes. Brandon and Ethan have the same brand of shoes and they felt pretty cool! haha 

Look at those guns!!! Little Emmett has so pretty strong muscles! 

Trying to make it look like Wyatt has Emmetts muscles. haha 

We also went to the church and played some Pickleball. It was too cold to play outside so we went to the church to play. 

Also, we found out that Ethan made the Golf team!! We were excited for him! We found out while he was at school through an email. So we decided to surprise Ethan with a sign when he got home.


We stood there waiting for Ethan to walk in the door and then yelled out a bunch of "wahoos" and "congrats" and told him he made the team. He was pretty confused when he walked in the door. It was pretty funny! Then we told him he made the team and he was all, "I did? Let's GO!!" haha 


We then took the kids out for some ice cream to celebrate! Papa and Gigi were able to come for ice cream to celebrate with us too. Now the real crazy begins with Ethan being on the golf team and having to get him to practices and matches. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment