Thursday, March 10, 2016

Our wonderful and crazy life from February 14th - 29th

The month of February was a good and crazy one. It went by so fast! Between every day life and fun outings with the kids and kids getting sick. It was a full month. Here are some more pics from our life! 




 Ethan was so excited that I let him feed Emmett. He would talk to him all cute and tell him not to grab the spoon. He loves being a helpful big brother. 

  
 The day after Valentines Ethan did not have school and we had some little coupon card things from Chick-Fil-A that were for a free entree so I took the boys for a fun morning at Chick-Fil-A. They were pretty stoked! I love the goofy faces that they make! haha




Emmett had fun just hanging out in the high chair looking at everything.

Then for Family Home Evening one night we took the boys for some frozen yogurt! They we so excited to be getting some ice cream for FHE. 




 We even gave Emmett a couple of tastes. At first he was not so sure about it because of how cold it was. Then after he realized what it tasted like he was wanting all of it. haha 
  


 Emmett started scooting around which he loves. He does sort of an army crawl and he gets where he wants and is so happy when he gets to a toy that he wants. 

 Wyatt with his chocolate teeth. haha Nothing better than going to Costco and getting samples of chocolate! haha He ate it and then smiled at me and his mouth was covered with chocolate! haha it was hilarious! 



  
 Emmett really likes the swing. 

On our way back from sledding Ethan had a birthday party to go to. We were running pretty late and Ethan had to go pee. He said he had to go really bad and couldn't wait anymore. We were not to our exit yet so we found this water bottle and Daddy told him to pee in the water bottle. Ethan thought it was the best and funniest thing ever. I think he laughed the whole time he peed and so did Brandon and I. haha I still can't believe we had him pee into a water bottle. haha 

 Daddy and Wyatt playing air hockey while Ethan was playing with his friends at the birthday party. 


 We also had a bad cold run through our house. Ethan started the cold with a nasty cough. I ended up getting a call from school one day that Ethan had thrown up at school. Luckily it was not a tummy bug. They were at snack time and he had a coughing fit and coughed too hard and threw up. Poor buddy! He had a slight fever too. So I took him home and he acted fine the rest of the day. He just had a bad cough and then he got a runny nose. Then Emmett got the cold and cough. Ethan shared a spoon with Emmett when we were at Costco (which Im sure Emmett would have gotten it anyways.). The next morning Emmett was sick. 
We had humidifiers running in both the boys rooms for probably 2 weeks or more. Their coughs were tight and Emmett's started to get more bark. So I would steam him in the shower and had the humidifier in his room. By that Saturday evening he was not drinking much and he would just cry. He cried practically the whole night. I was up with him basically until 4 with an hour sleep and then brandon took him at 5. He threw up on me 2 times and would cry anytime he coughed or burped. We were not sure what was going on but we were exhausted and he was so sad non stop. We would rock in in front of the humidifier to help him out with his cough and he wouldn't drink more than an ounce every couple of hours. It was miserable!! He had a fever too, so I couldn't just go steam him in the shower to help loosen up his cough. We were at our wits end and Sunday morning we were so exhausted that there was no way we were going to make it to church. We also ended up taking him into the Pediatric Urgent Care because he just wouldnt get sleep or eat anything. All he would do is cry every half hour or less. It was sad to see him so sad and we new something had to be wrong. So Brandon took him in and all they said was that it was the common cold and to switch off between Ibuprofen and Tylenol and give him some Benadryl to help him sleep and clear out his nose. Brandon said that she checked his ear but it was pretty quick. So that is what we did. That night he slept a little bit better. He was also so exhausted and drugged up of coarse he slept a little better than the night before. The following night was almost as bad as Saturday night. On that Tuesday he just kept crying through the morning and he had a fever again. Then when there was a little chunk of ear wax coming out of his ear I went to flick it out and Emmett started bawling. Right then I knew he had to have an ear infection. I thought maybe even a double ear infection because he would cry with either one. So I called his doctors office and they got me in within the next hour after I called. Sure enough he had an ear infection. The doctor had to clean out the wax in his ear to really see it but he said there was puss in his left ear. So we got him on antibiotics and he was feeling a little better just after one dose. By that evening he even gave us some smiles and wasn't crying non stop. 

 This was Emmett the next morning after having had only 2 doses of antibiotics. He was actually smiling and playing with toys and happy. It was so good to see his happy face again. I had been missing it the last few days. I just wish we had gotten him on antibiotics earlier because he would have been so much happier so much faster. Plus, it made me mad to think that he probably had an ear infection on Sunday and the lady at the Urgent Care didn't look well enough and just told us it was the common cold. I wanted to go over there and say we should not be billed for our visit because you didnt care enough to really look in his ear and diagnose him correctly. But, oh well... at least he was finally on the upside of all of this! 


 Then Wyatt got the cold. He had more of the nose part of the cold. He couldn't breath out of his nose at all and he just looked terrible. He didn't want to do anything but lay on the couch and watch T.V all day. Look at that poor face! He looks completely miserable! Luckily this was the worst of it and he started getting better after a couple of days. Man were we glad when this was all over with. Thankfully Brandon and I didn't catch it. Now I am really hoping we are done with sickness until next year! haha We have had our fair share around here and I am done with it all. 

 On a happier note. Emmett got back to normal and I chopped off my hair. I actually went to a lady here in Colorado. I saw someone at Chick-Fil-A that had a cute hair cut and I asked her where she got it done. So I did it. I know, its a miracle that I actually chopped my hair with someone here. Especially since we are going to Cali in the middle of March. I could have waited to just go to Paula but, it is time to find someone in my home town! haha So I braved it and the girl did a really good job. So I am happy with my decision and Emmett seems to be too! ;-) haha 



 Going out to dinner and enjoying our time together. Plus I had just gotten my hair cut and I wanted to go do something! haha 


 Lastly, we ended off the month with having the boys make a paper chain for our California count down. Ethan kept asking how many days we had left until we left for Grandpa and GG's house and so I figured doing a paper chain would serve two purposes.  One: It would be fun for the kids to make and Two: I wouldn't have to tell Ethan how many days we had left each day. After they tore off a link in the chain they would count how many were left and know how many days we had left. It has worked out great!! The boys love tearing off each link each day and they get excited because each day we have one less chain to tear off before we leave! We are all very excited for our trip to Cali to see Grandpa and GG. 






No comments:

Post a Comment