Thursday, March 10, 2016

Potty training, Discovery Museum and Birthday party fun!

March has started out pretty good. We have been busy with trying to get Wyatt to be potty trained and Ethan had a birthday party to go to for a friend from school and we went to the Discovery Museum in Fort Collins twice. It has been busy but it has been fun.
Emmett is so funny. He does not really like his car seat but, he has gotten better with it. He also falls asleep int he funniest ways sometimes. I love that he fell asleep sucking on his toy when his binkie was right next to him. haha Such a sweet little boy! I just want to eat him up!! If he would sleep through the night I would want him to stay this little forever. I love this stage he is in. He is such a giggly and smilie boy. He is happy all the time! Well except for when he sees me walk away after I put him on the floor. Then sometimes he starts to cry because he wants me. haha But, he has been scooting around like crazy these days. He even has ventured into the kitchen a few times. He loves to play with the ball popper toy that makes noise in our family room and he just discovered the door stopper 2 days ago. He had so much fun hitting it and making it make noises. He would kick his legs so fast and was just so excited that he went back to it later that day after a nap! haha I am cool with it as long as he doesn't get the white plastic part off and put it in his mouth. I will be needing to keep my kitchen floor a lot cleaner now that he is on the move. It won't be long now till he gets up on his knees and actually crawls! It is so much fun to watch and he gets so excited that he can now get to the things that he wants. 

 We have restarted the potty training process with Wyatt. We keep trying and then giving up and then trying something new and then giving up. So I finally went to the Dollar store and stocked up on a bunch of items for the treasure chest. We have been putting Wyatt in underwear for about a week now. For the first half of the week he would do well for most of the day and then pee his pants. He just didn't seem to care. If I didn't force him to go take a potty break he didn't care too and would pee in his pants. I was about to give up again but Brandon told me to hold on for just a few more days and then we could take a break in Cali and then hit it hard again when we got back home. However, the last 2 days Wyatt has worn underwear and stayed dry all day long. I feel like it is a miracle! I think part of it its that Ethan had an accident while at the Museum and Wyatt was able to take advantage of that and say that "Ethan pees in his pants like a baby." and "I pee in the toilet like a big boy!" So I think that made him feel pretty cool that he had stayed dry and Ethan had not! haha Funny how that sibling rivalry can help with things sometimes! haha So I am sure hoping that he keeps this up while we are in California. The picture was taken after he had gotten his first 3 stickers and earned his toy guitar. He was so excited and I sent the picture to Daddy and told Wyatt how proud Daddy was and how proud I was that he earned it! Thank you Dollar Store for providing tons of cheap toys that can be used as incentive and that are actually enticing for Wyatt! haha 


Fun at the museum! 









We have a Fort Collins Museum pass and we have not really used it yet. Last Tuesday it was super windy. It was too windy to play with our new kite outside so I figured why not go to the museum and take advantage of my pass on a day that we can't go outside. Besides, we have been at home for so long it seems and it felt like it was time to get out and do something else. The boys had fun and we were there for about 2 hours. They went into the free Jam session area and played on the drums for about 5 minutes and explored everything else for about the same amount of time. Then Ethan found this gear wall and he really liked it. It was like a magnetic gear puzzle. You can move the gears around and see if you can get them to all move. He had a blast!! 



 Then Ethan had a skating birthday party to go to. He has never skated before so I had to walk with him on the floor to help him out. After a little while we were able to get this skating helper and he had a little more fun being able to skate on his own even though he went really slow. I kept telling him that he just has to practice and he will get the hang of it. He had fun but not as much fun as he would have had if he had done it before. 

 Emmett had to hang with us and he was a trooper. I love that little toothy smile! 


 So much fun going to birthday parties. This style is not my cup of tea though. I would much rather have only a few kids over at our house and let them play some games in the backyard and then feed them cake and ice cream. Ethan has been to a couple parties now that are way beyond what I grew up doing for birthday parties. One he got 20 bucks on a card for playing arcade games and 2 rounds of laser tag and then this one where they roller skate and then have pizza and cake. I am just a simple person I guess but I would rather have the kids just come play at my house! haha To each their own I guess! 

Lastly, we went to the museum again this week because they have a new Tot place they just opened up. My friend Lindsey Coats invited us to go with her. So we went to check it out. The place was pretty awesome! 
 The kids played in this train spot for at least 40 minutes! They had so much fun! Eventually they ventured off to see what else there was. It was fun and we spent another 2 and a half hours there. 


By the end I took Emmett into the wind chime place that was in the tot spot and he was loving the wind chimes. He grabbed hold and wouldn't let go and just kept clanging them together! :-) It was a fun day and the tot spot was so much better than everything else they have there. It was geared towards the kids and that is what made it the best! 
Anyways, the last week and a half has been really good. So it has been a great start to March and tomorrow morning we head off to go to California. We are so excited and I will post all about that when we get back!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment