Tuesday, May 12, 2020

A little bit of fun in April

April was another month of hanging out at home. We did get out to Brandon's office to get my teeth rescanned for my invisalign. 

So the boys got to play "doctor" a little differently then they do at home. haha They each took a turn coming next to me and pretending to look in my mouth and then tell me that everything looked good. haha 


Kayden started to have a hard time going down for his naps. Look at this sad little face. Ever since he started to pull himself up to things he had to try pulling himself up to his crib. So he would be crying in his crib just trying so hard to pull himself up. Then once he got the hang of it he would stand up shortly after putting him down for a nap and he would just start crying!!! A lot of times I would just go upstairs and re wrap him up and lay him back down. Sometimes it took a couple of times and then he would go to sleep. 


He enjoys playing with his play saucer from the outside of it. haha He thought it was so cool that he could pull himself up to it and play with it. 


He was officially pulling himself up to anything that he could grab hold of. He will come crawl to me and pull himself up to my legs. haha He is so silly! 

Since we are stuck at home during this pandemic I feel like all I want to do is bake. So I made some cookies. Although, all of the boys in my family prefer to have frozen cookie dough instead of the actual cooked cookie. So these cookies were most likely going to be eaten by me. haha They were sure tasty though. 

I even gave Kayden a little chunk of cookie and he really liked it. 

I made some orange chicken and fried cauliflower rice for dinner one night. It was super tasty. The orange chicken was so tasty and stayed nice and crispy and it was actually an easy recipe. The rice was really tasty too and a super easy recipe as well. It was a win win and Brandon said he didn't miss the real rice. 

This kid is such so cute and so happy now that he can pull himself up to things. 

Then Conference weekend arrived! 


Our boys did a really good job at being quieter this year. They sat and put together little bead things while they listened. Ethan and Wyatt even seemed to hear a few things that they were talking about. 

Just a little dance party in between sessions. 
We also went and played some pickle ball and went and grabbed some slurpees in between sessions. It was fun to go grab some slurpees. Although I was the only one that went into 7 Eleven. I went in and then came out and told the boys what flavors there was. They told me what they wanted and then I went back in and fill up their slurpees. Of course someone coughed while I was in there and I thought, "Oh no.. I am going to get the Corona!" Thankfully I didn't and we have all stayed healthy so far. haha 


Just love Conference!! 

During Conference we were also given another invitation to fast a second time in one month. We were just glad we were not being asked to fast that Sunday during conference. We were looking forward to our egg casserole and monkey bread. haha 

Sunday morning the boys got up and started playing Uno together. 




Kayden couldn't be left out. He loved it when the boys got out the Uno cards. haha Wyatt was nice enough to try and let him help him play it was super cute. 

Delicious Monkey Bread!!! I am going to have to start making more. The boys are starting to be able to eat more! Sadly, I got up that morning and the dough I had taken out the night before didn't look good. The dough must have been too old and frost bitten because it didn't really rise and it felt dried out. So I had to make this 1 hour dough recipe I had gotten from a lady in our ward. So that saved us, but, it didn't taste the same. It was good but not as good as it normally is. At least I was able to make it. The rest of conference was great as usual and then it was over. 

Emmett can be so cute and yet so frustrating. He sure looked cute in Ethan's glasses. 

We have been taking Kayden outside more often and he just loves it. 



The boys (including Brandon) have been playing a lot of Zelda lately. Ethan and Wyatt are allowed to play for 30 minutes each day. So after they play for 30 minutes they ask their Dad to play because they know that he plays longer than 30 minutes. He would get going and then when I told them it was time to turn it off the boys would beg him to get past one more shrine or get a little bit farther. Which of course he would eat up and keep playing until I told him no more and they had to get off. haha Brandon is a little boy at heart still. haha The kids have just loved having Brandon home more often and so have I.


Enjoying the nice weather outside! 

I also finally reached my goal weight and was able to open up my surprise from Brandon. It was 1500 dollars to go towards a new wardrobe. haha That is going to take me a long time to spend because I take a long time to find something I really like. 

Brandon also bought this golf net set up from a friend in our ward. Our friend told him he would sell it to him for 100 bucks which it is worth like 1600. So Brandon was stoked. 
The boys were stoked too!!! They couldn't wait to smack some golf balls in the garage. 











Kayden is just such a cute little boy. We get a lot of pictures of him eating but how can you not when he is this stinking cute! 

This was one of Wyatt's answers to a homework assignment. haha 



This little boys LOVES the TV remote!! He gets so excited when he finds it and gets to hold it. He will grab it and then turn around and look at the TV and push buttons. He has a blast changing the channel and turning the volume up. He is constantly pushing buttons when he gets a hold of the remote. It is hard for me to want to take it away when he looks this happy. We decided to give him our other remote without batteries in it. Ya, that didn't work. He seemed to know that it didn't change the channels and could care less about it. haha Too smart for his own good. 


Spring has sprung. Our peach tree was starting to bloom. 








Bike ride time.

We love being active and it has made a huge difference having nice weather with being stuck at home.

As soon as we got home from our bike ride the boys went in and washed their hands. Emmett says, "We don't want to get the Corona!" haha It is kind of sad that they think about it all the time and yet I am glad that they are aware of it and that they don't seem scared. They are just trying to not get it. They pray for us to not get it and for it to go away all the time. We also don't shelter them from it. We talk to them about it and ask them if they are worried about it at all. Which has probably helped them not feel scared. They just mention "The Corona" all the time. 

Oh these blossoms. They make me happy because it means peach season is coming. 






Kayden is just getting so big so fast!! 



Emmett trying to get a dinosaur out of some ice for a preschool activity.

He thought it was super fun. The best part was after he got the dinosaur out. He started to throw the ice chunks onto the ground and Kayden was busting up laughing. It was so cute! 






I think it is funny how much Kayden enjoys playing with his play saucer from the outside. As soon as I try putting him inside of it he starts to cry. Such a nut!! It sure makes it hard to get things done or go to the bathroom when he doesn't like being in this.

Made a firehouse sub run one afternoon. I was all set with my mask on when I went inside to grab our food. It is so weird going inside these restaurants and not seeing any tables or chairs out. The guys that were working that day sure seemed grumpy that they were at work. But hey, I am sure glad they are open so we can have some sort of normalcy with grabbing lunch and or dinner every once in a while. 

When I got back we took our food outside and enjoyed a picnic lunch together. 






Kayden's first time on the slide. 





He seemed to enjoy climbing on the outside of it then sliding down it. 




We were asked to fast on April 10th for another world wide, faith wide fast. So I posted these onto instagram. We sure need some extra help during this pandemic. I would sure love for this pandemic to end and for all of us to stay healthy and strong. So I was glad to call on Heavenly Father for a little extra help again. 


We played some quix with our friends the Barkers through the computer. We video chatted with them and played the game together. It was fun to play with them and chat with them over the computer. It had been a while since we had chatted with them. 

Guitar time!! 
I pulled out my guitar because Kayden was having fun with Ethan's ukelele. Kayden LOVED my guitar. 



I got some good video of him strumming away on it. Since we can't go anywhere these days we have been enjoying the simple things in life. 

This is Kayden's new favorite spot in the house. He crawls over to the bookshelf and opens and closes the doors. Then he starts to pull out some of the books. haha I love is little face as he looks at me. He will look back at me when he is doing something he either knows or thinks he isnt' supposed to do and will just look at me. Almost like he is thinking, "Is she going to stop me?" hah The boys have been loving the new things that Kayden is doing and they still can't get enough of him. Even though we have been stuck at home we have had some fun times and we are enjoying and trying to take advantage of all the extra family time we have right now. Especially, with Brandon not working. It has been nice having him home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment