Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Moving Day!

So on December 6 2013 we finally got to move into our home in Timnath. We were SUPER Excited!! The day started early in the morning when Brandon picked up the moving truck at 7 and as soon as he got back we started loading up the truck with all of the boxes we had packed that were in the garage. It went super quick. We got the truck loaded in about 40 minutes. We booked it through packing up the first load and thought that the rest of the condo would take maybe double because it was all the big stuff. The boys then woke up around 8 and we got them dressed really quick so that we could run and grab breakfast at Panera Bread before Brandon had to be at our house to do the final walk through at 9. So we horked down some breakfast and dropped Brandon off at the house. I then went to our church building to drop off the kids with one of my friends from the ward who was going to watch the boys for us. So I dropped them off and then headed back to the house to pick up Brandon and we went straight from the house to the place where we were going to close on the house. Closing took a lot longer than we had anticipated it taking which put a damper on our speed of getting things done. We got done closing on the house around I think 11:30 and then picked up the truck and headed over to (officially) our house. We unloaded the truck and the things in our SUV which took us about a half hour and then headed to lunch at Fire House Subs (YUM). All of that heavy lifting sure made us hungry! After lunch we headed back to the condo to start packing up the heavy stuff. Now we figured we could do it all on our own and that it wouldnt take much time. Boy were we wrong!!! The heavy stuff included: both couches, beds, washer and dryer, dresser, table and chairs and the TV and stand. We figured that the hardest things would be the couches and the washer and dryer. Luckily we had borrowed some strap things to do the washer and dryer. Still by the time we got the couches down the stairs and out the front door to the truck my forearms were killing me. The washer and dryer were heavy but the straps were life savers. It made it bearable. The rest of the stuff was really only hard because we were getting so tired. It was a FULL day of lifting and it was tiring! We started working at 7 that morning and didn't get done until about 7 that night. Then after we picked up the boys we still had to unload all of the big stuff into the garage. We were so thankful to my friend Trisa for watching the boys all day long! We could not have done it without her. So after a full day of packing up the truck and unpacking the truck we were completely beat. I grabbed some pizza for Brandon and I to eat when I picked up the boys and then we headed to our home. The boys were tired and ready for bed when I picked them up so they fell asleep in the car on our way to the condo to finish up the last few things. We were able to leave the car running and let them sleep while we finished up at the condo with what we needed to for the night and then headed to our house where we ate our pizza and relaxed for a little bit. We had to take the truck back that night so we had to unload the truck for the last time. We put mostly everything into the garage but, needed to bring the washer and dryer inside. I pull a stupid and thought I should be on the bottom this time. I didnt know how my back would handle going up the stairs hunched over. So I thought it would be better on my back if I were on the bottom when we carried the washer and dryer up. We started with the washer. Then as we started heading up the stairs I realized just how wrong I was about being on the bottom. The weight of the washer was pushing on my chest and it hurt. That beast was so heavy and we were already to tired from the days work. So carrying up the stairs was my last hurrah. To my imbarassment I was making lots of noises as I struggled to get that washer up the stairs. Brandon stopped half way through because he needed to pull farther away from me and in so doing was going to put all of the weight on me. I thought the washer was falling off the strap (which we did not need). So after he told me what needed to be done, he leaned backwards and I tried with all my might to get up those stairs. Ethan started crying because he was scared (because of the noises I was making haha) and when we got it to the top of the stairs and into the loft I literally collapsed! I laid on the floor for probably a minute. So being on the bottom was not the smarted for me after all. We went downstairs and were getting the dryer hooked up (which is much lighter than the washer) when a neighbor that we know came up to our truck and asked if we needed help! So we gladly took it and he helped carry the dryer up the stairs with Brandon. They they got the washer and Dryer into the laundry room which killed Brandon because he had to basically do a curl with the washer to get it into a plastic drain thing. So when he carried the couch in with our neighbor kyle I ran over to help because he just couldn't do it anymore! That night we were so beat that we got the pack n Play up for Wyatt and Ethan's mattress into his room but that was about it. We slept on our mattress on the living room floor because we were too exhausted to even carry it up the stairs. We sure slept good that night! 


We were so lucky to be able to move during a cold spell! Way to cold to be moving! I think it reached a high of 6 that day! 



All bundled up for packing up the truck! haha



The boys are breakfast that morning! Such cuties!






Closing time!!



YAHOO!! Its official the house is OURS!! :-)
Welcome Home! :-) 


Unpacking the first load into our garage (that doesnt have a garage door opener. Lame)!

The first few boxes that were brought into the house! Oh ya I forgot the mention that the internet guy was coming that day too. So While Brandon went to go pick up our dining table and bed frame from Oak Express I hung out at the house starting to unpack some kitchen stuff and waited for the guy to come and hook up our internet! Then of coarse when the guy was hooking stuff up I came to find out that we needed our modem so that he could finish it up. However, Brandon had the modem and was picking up our furniture! Luckily the guy had a lot of work to do so after I called Brandon to tell him he hurried home after picking up our stuff and the guy was able to finish up. After that was all said and done we were able to get to work on loading our heavy stuff into the truck! 


Having some pizza and root beer for the first time in our home in Timnath Colorado! :-) 

And we still had a ton of work ahead of us!! Oh how I love moving... not! haha 

No comments:

Post a Comment