Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Anticipation

My parents arrived in Colorado on June 6th so that they could be here for our induction date on June 9th. They arrived that morning and after grabbing some lunch at Firehouse subs we headed to Horsetooth falls to enjoy a nice afternoon hike (and hopefully put me into labor on my own, ya that didnt work). It was pretty hot but thankfully we started to get a little rain on our hike and cloud cover which cooled things off nicely, until the sun came back out! haha It was a fun hike but I was exhausted after since I was 9 months pregnant. That night Brandon and I went on a little date night to enjoy some time alone before we had our little one. We went and saw the Avengers Age of Ultron. It was a pretty good movie, however, I was super uncomfortable sitting in the theatre's chairs and it was super hot in the theatre. Not a good combo for a hugely pregnant women who was also having contractions through out the movie. I kept thinking that I was going to go into labor because I kept having contractions but nothing every came of all the contractions. Anyways, we enjoyed the next 2 days and played games and just hung out. Tuesday arrived and Brandon and I got up at 6:30 to call the hospital and see if we were still a go to get into the hospital. We got told that it was too busy and that we needed to call back at 10 to see if they had room then. So Brandon and I headed to go get doughnuts just like we had planned to do. We headed to a doughnut shop near us and as we showed up found that it was closed for family reasons. The day was not looking good. First the hospital tells us to call back later and then our doughnut shop was closed. So we headed to a different shop a little farther away and then headed home. When we called back at 10 they still had no room. So I had to call back that night. This continued to happen each day. I was miserable!! I was so done being pregnant and wanted to meet our little guy so bad and we kept getting bumped. It was a very emotional week! Yes, I said week! My sister arrived on Thursday and we kept hoping that I was going to just go into labor on my own since that seemed like that was going to be the only way we were going to have this baby. I kept worrying that my chances of doing a V-bac were diminishing and I did not want to have a C-section again. Besides that my mom, dad and sister had come out to meet the little guy and we were not sure if any of them were going to be here to meet him. The Thursday after I was supposed to already be holding my baby I thought I was leaking fluid so I called my doctors office and got in to get checked and see if I was leaking or not. I had been having contractions like all week and they would wake me up at night and I would think for sure I was going to be going into labor soon and nothing would happen. So I thought it was possible that I was leaking some fluid and if that was the case then I would be able to get in at the hospital which would have been sweet! So I went into the doctor and I was not leaking. However, she did strip my membranes and I had some strong contractions that evening. I started to time my contractions and thought I could be going into labor. However, they never stayed consistent and they never got any stronger they just stayed the same amount of pain. So that night I kept expecting to go into labor or wake up and my water breaks but it never happened. I just spent the next several days with contractions randomly and waking me up at night. Then my butt started really hurting from Emmett sitting so low and moving down and I as just so ready to be done! But, I had to just keep hanging in there and try to have some fun with my family while they were there! 











 The pics that Brandon got trying to take a panoramic! haha







 All being like mommy! :-)





Doughnuts the morning we were supposed to meet our little guy and didnt! 


The boys were so excited to have Aunt Ashley there! They wouldn't leave her side for quite a while! 


After having 3 days in a row off from work to have a baby Brandon had to go back to work that Friday. The rest of us went to go play mini golf and have some fun instead of just sitting around all day! 






The boys LOVE to mini golf! So it was fun even though it was hot! 


Enjoying some Freddie's. 
The first time my dad got to try Freddie's and he really liked it. He said he would give it a 9 out of 10. The next day we thought of going to grab something for lunch and he wanted to go to Freddie's again! haha 





Making funny faces and being weird on Sunday! 

 So after the week of just hanging out, playing games, watching movies and sulking in ice cream my Dad and sister Ashley had to leave that Sunday and did not get to meet little Emmett. The next morning after they left we called the hospital again and we were finally told that we could come. It was a miracle we were finally going to meet our little Emmett a day before my due date!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment