Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Jim Gaffigan

On April 26th we headed down to Colorado Springs to go see the Jim Gaffigan show. I was 36 weeks pregnant and hoping that I would be able to enjoy the evening. We got to Colorado Springs shortly after lunch and hung out for a little bit. Then we took the kids to the park before Ty and Vandy's friends got their to watch all the kiddos. 










Emmett thought hanging was fun until it wasn't anymore. haha He liked it until he got tired and needed to get down. Brandon was having the kids drop and he would catch them. He did not like that idea and started to flip out when Brandon told him to just let go and he would catch him. I felt so bad. I wanted to just hold him but my tummy was just too big. 




Then he thought he could be brave and tried again. He did a great job the second time and was all smiles and even let go to let Brandon catch him and didn't cry. 

After the park and some more chill time we said good night to our kiddos and took off to go get some dinner at a place called "The Skirted Hefer". It is a burger joint that was featured on Diners Drive Ins and Dives. It was actually really tasty!! It took a long time to get our food and the place was tiny so we were not even sure if we would get a seat. Sadly, my back was starting to hurt me where my kidney issue was a few weeks back. So I was all worried that that was going to get worse. My back was killing me in more places than one and I was so miserable. Plus I didn't have any tylenol with me that I could take. So I just had to hope that drinking more water would help. It helped a little bit but not much. So we ate our yummy dinner and then headed to the show. 





It was a good show. Lots of funny parts in it although I had a hard time enjoying it. My back near my kidney was hurting me the whole time and my legs got all restless. Plus it was super hot in there. It was not a good mix and I was bummed that I didn't get to really enjoy it. Then I started to have contractions. I was having some pretty painful contractions and I was afraid I was going to go into labor that night. So I didn't sleep very much. I was up constantly going to the bathroom and hoping that I wasn't going to have to wake up Brandon and go to a hospital somewhere. Thankfully that didn't happen. I just didn't sleep much and was yet again miserable. haha 

Saturday we relaxed for a little while and I took a nap or 2 haha and then we took the kids to go play mini golf. 






I was having some major pains down yonder the whole time we were golfing. The kids had so much fun though and that always makes it worth it. After hanging out and eating some dinner we headed home. I didn't want to sleep another night on an air mattress. One night was long enough. Plus I was still worried about going into labor in Colorado Springs since I was still having contractions quite often. So it was a sense of relief when we made it home safe and sound that evening. 






We ended out weekend with a normal Sunday and yummy fried tortillas in cinnamon and sugar with some ice cream. It was a great end to the weekend. 


No comments:

Post a Comment