Sunday, September 8, 2019

BABY TIME!!!!!!

On May 16th 2019 I woke up early that morning to call into the hospital to check and see if my scheduled induction was going to actually happen. I was super nervous because of what happened with Emmett and not being bale to get in for a whole week. I was so over being pregnant and just wanted to get this little guy out of me. SO I called and after being put on hold I was told we were good to come in. I was so excited to know that I was no longer going to be pregnant by the end of that day. So I went upstairs and told Brandon it was time to have a baby. We then got ready for the day and made sure we had everything for our hospital stay. Then we woke up my mom and then after a light breakfast headed out to the hospital. I was seriously so excited to know that I was going to be done and we were finally going to meet this little guy.






Off to the hospital we go!!! 



After arriving at the hospital and getting my IV's in and hooked up to everything I started having contractions steadily all on my own. Since I was Group B strep positive I needed to get in 2 doses of antibiotics before we could have our little guy so the nurse talked to my doctor and they agreed to turn off the Pitocin for a little while so that I didn't have this baby until after we got all the meds we needed. My doc told me that she would come back and check in around noon after I had gotten my antibiotics in and then they would break my water and then we could have a baby. So Brandon and I just hangout for a while and I got up and walked around the room a little bit and then we went to a room that they said had snacks that we could have. Which was totally different than other inductions that I have had where they tell you that you can't eat anything once you start your induction. So that fact that they let me eat during the process was super nice. I wasn't super hungry though so I didn't end up eating much. We checked in with my Mom a few times that day to let her know how things were going and to tell her when she could plan on arriving at the hospital. I planned on getting my epidural before my doc broke my water so that I wouldn't have to deal with having hard contractions while I got the epidural. I got the epidural around noon or so and I am so glad to not have to do that part again. This anesthesiologist was pretty good but I still could feel it. I always feel more than I hear other ladies feel when getting an epidural. After all of the deep pain of the needle he was finally done and sadly it was probably my best epidural and yet it still hurt more than I hoped it would. The anesthesiologist then proceeded to tell me that it would just take the edge off but that I would still be able to feel things. I thought to myself, "I thought the point of the epidural was to not feel anything." Anyways, after making sure I wasn't having anything go wrong with the epidural the docs left and my Mom arrived. Shortly after that my Doc came in and broke my water.









This huge peanut was what they had me use to help things move along I laid with it in between my legs. haha It was humongous. 


We then just hung out for a while waiting for this little guy to make his appearance. Close to 4 I started to feel some pressure. I informed the nurse that I was pretty sure I was feeling pressure with each contraction. So she checked me and said, "Yep lets have this baby." So she called the doc and my doctor came in. I was then really nervous because I could feel my legs. They just felt tingly like they were either just falling asleep or just waking up. I could move them decently easy and I mentioned that. I said out loud that I could feel my legs right when I need to be numb the most. I had been able to feel my water break and each gush and I could feel a few other things so I was a little worried about pushing this little guy out. After the doc arrived each contraction brought on even worse pressure. Everyone seemed like they were taking their sweet time. As it got more intense I said in a very growly voice (Because it hurt and they didn't seem to be taking me seriously) haha "He is trying to get out of me!!!" The doctor finally got all suited up and in position and then told me to push when I felt a contraction. So I started to push. I could feel this little baby coming out of me. The feeling that I didn't really want to feel and I was feeling it. After a few pushes my doctor told me to take a break and just let myself stretch. Our little guy was having a hard time coming out. So as I laid there feeling this intense stretching pain I just kept trying to breath while my doctor rubbed our babies head to try and relax him because his heart rate was dropping. Then she had me push again and his head wasn't coming any farther. So she asked if she could cut me and I said, "Yes!! JUST GET HIM OUT OF ME!!" The stretching pain was hurting and all I wanted was him to get out of me so it would end. So she gave me an episiotomy and then with one more push out he came.






Our sweet little Kayden David Murri was finally here! Born at 4:13pm on May 16th!




















Immediately so in love with this sweet little baby boy! He had so much of that cottage cheesy stuff on him. I couldn't believe how much he had on him. It was like Ethan when he was born. I was so excited to just hold this sweet baby boy!! He was so precious and his little cry was so stinking cute!!

Then they took him from me so they could measure and weigh him..








 They said that he was 21 inches long and 6lbs 12ounces. Which all the other nurses kept mentioning how he felt bigger than that. They were wanting to weigh him again but with all the craziness we all totally forgot to.


After all of his measurements were taken Brandon took off to go get his brothers and bring them back to the hospital. He seemed super anxious to go get our other boys. Must have been super excited to have them meet their brother. I don't even think Brandon had time to hold his new baby boy before he left. So anyways, Brandon headed out to go grab our boys from friends houses they were staying at and then grabbed some dinner for them before heading back to the hospital.











 GG holding Kayden for the first time!




Look at that cute tiny face!!

Before leaving for recovery I kept feeling a rush of liquid. It felt like when my water is broken. So I mentioned that to my nurse and so she checked me and sure enough I was bleeding more than I was supposed to be. So she called my doctor in (Thankfully she hadn't left yet) and my doc said I probably had some clots. So she then proceeded to push on my stomach and I was bleeding quite a bit. So she had to shove her hand up there and get the clots out. Brandon told me that they were softball size (Yuck) and then my doc pushed on my stomach super hard to get the rest out. After that they put citotec in me to help contract my uterus. That made me super shaky. I was shaking uncontrollably. Probably from the meds they put in me and the loss of blood. So as they got me up and ready to transfer me to another room, they put a blanket on me and had me drink some apple juice. My shaking calmed down a little bit after that and then they handed me my sweet baby.




Then it was time to wheel me off to my recovery room! Everyone said congrats as we went down the hall. As we entered the next hallways the new baby bell rang.

Our room we stayed in.












Meeting their baby brother for the first time! 


Seriously love this family of mine!! 























After the boys came and saw their new baby brother they took off with GG to go home and get to bed. Then Brandon went and picked up some dinner for us from Culvers. 








 Poor little Kaydens feet were having a hard time getting circulation to them that first day of life. The nurses informed us that it was normal and that his coloring would normalize after a day or two. They were so purple!!!





Seriously can't get enough of this sweet baby boy! He was just so precious and I just wanted to snuggle with him all the time! He didn't seem to care to eat while we were in the hospital but the nurses were not too concerned. They said that he probably had swallowed a lot of amniotic fluid and was still feeling full. Kayden ended up gagging and then throwing up amniotic fluid which was super mucous and clear. Then he started to not be able to breath so we scrambled to have Brandon find the bulb syringe and then we buzzed in the nurse. She came in and then tried to help us clear out his throat and get it out. He was thankful good after that but Brandon and I sure became frantic. It was not fun!! He did that a few more times while we were at the hospital. Not as bad as the first time but it still was not fun hearing him choking. Back to feeing Kayden. I remember waking up before Kayden woke up and and thinking that he needed to try and eat so Brandon would bring him over to me so I could try and wake him up to feed him. He wouldn't do much and didn't seem to care all that much and would just fall back to sleep. Every so often I could get him to latch on for a few minutes and if he was actually trying to eat I just let him, even if he wasn't completely on correctly. So it would hurt but I wanted him to get some food in him. So I would just grin and bare it! The best part was being able to get some skin time with him. After 9 months of torture those little cuddles are with everything! The next day my Mom brought the boys back in the afternoon as we were getting closer to leaving. We also had Kayden's first shots and feel pricks done as well as them taking his weight again. When they took his weight again at the 24 hour mark he weighed in at 7 lbs 2 ounces. Which is obviously more than he weighed at birth. So the first weight was wrong. So we are not completely sure what he weighed at birth. We were told to go to his pediatricians office the next day, if we could get in, and have him weighed again to see if his weight was going up or down from where it was. Since we were not sure what he really weighed at birth. It was going to be a Saturday and the pediatrician we saw in the hospital mentioned just seeing if they could see us for a weight check and to check his jaundice levels again. Just to make sure they were not getting any worse. His level was very slightly high on his bilirubin screen. After all of that good stuff GG showed up with the rest of our boy clan and they were able to be there for Kayden's very first bath. They thought it was fun watching him get washed up and they think he is just the cutest (which he is).





















It was cute watching Kayden's little body in that water and how much he enjoyed being in the warm water. Then he was finally all clean!! The nurse let the boys pick our which beanie to put on his head and then we were rolled back to our room with a freshly clean baby!! 



I mean seriously...  Look at that cute little boy! 



I just want to love him up all day long!! 


Then it was time to get him dressed so we could be ready to be discharged. 


Brandon got to do the honors of getting him in his first little outfit. After being in just a diaper and blanket for his first day of life he wasn't sure what he thought about being in clothes. haha He also tried to eat his Daddy's finger while he was getting him dressed. haha 

So tiny and so precious!! 







My Favorite!! I love cuddling with Kayden like this. While in the hospital he would wrap his little arm around my arms and his fingers would grab onto my arm. So when I tried to move him I would have to get his little hand off of the back of my arm. I just loved it!! Feeling his sweet tiny little fingers grasping at my arm was just too cute!! 




So in LOVE with this sweet little boy! I could cuddle with him like this forever! 


He looks so tiny in Brandon's arms!



Our family picture right before going home! 








I love my goofy family!!😍

Time to go home! 






So tiny in his big carseat! It always feels hard to get those buckles on them when they are so tiny. They just feel so fragile and it feels like you are going to break them by tightening the buckles around them. 

What a nut! 

So excited to be taking his baby brother home! 


Haha I love that Ethan and Emmett are posed and smiling while Wyatt is being a total nut! haha I laugh every time I see this picture! haha 

Came in as a family of 5 and leaving as a family of 6! Lets go home Kayden!! We are super happy he is finally here and we love him so much already!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment