Tuesday, September 15, 2020

12 years of bliss and a visit from John and Coya's family.

Right after all of Ethan's birthday fun we had another visit from family. This time it was Coya and John with their kiddos. We were excited to have them come visit and hang with us for the week. The kids were super excited to have different cousins come this time. We had fun playing games and watching movies and just spending time together. Brandon and I also celebrated our 12th Anniversary while they were here. 

Enjoying a nice Sunday morning walk with the kiddos. 


Since it was our Anniversary I had to put my wedding dress on again. Its tradition!!! 
Look at how cute we look!! I don't mean to brag but I am pretty proud of myself for being able to fit in my dress after 12 years of marriage and 4 kids later. In fact I think it fit better this time than it did when we got married. haha
I was just going to try on my dress and then change into my church clothes for our Church at Home but Coya said I should just wear it for church because it was so pretty. So I decided to keep it on. It was kind of funny wearing my wedding dress while giving the lesson for church. 





I took the kids outside to finish the lesson about how the evidence of God's existence is in everything we see. So naturally while being outside I had to run around like the girl on Enchanted! haha Whats also funny is that our neighbor ended up coming outside in his backyard while I was outside with all the kiddos in my wedding dress. So later when I was outside again not in my dress he asked where the dress went and said that it was really pretty. I thanked him and told him why I was wearing it. So he wished me a Happy Anniversary and then I went inside. 


Then I let Mady try on my dress. 

She was pretty stoked to try on my dress. A little big... but it looked cute on her! haha Maybe if I can get the stain out of the bottom of my dress one of my nieces will want to wear it eventually. If not than at least it is fun to try it on every year on our Anniversary. 
For dinner that night we made chicken parmesan and angle hair pasta. The angel hair pasta was cooked too long as was so mushy that I couldn't even handle eating it. It was so gross! A major fail. I mentioned cooking some more so that the noodles would be good but everyone said it wouldn't be a huge deal. Well it was a massive mistake! I told our boys they didn't have to eat the noodles because they were so bad. haha



This is what Kayden enjoys doing now. haha He gets into the pantry and climbs onto things inside. haha He is such a silly little kid. 

Gave him his own malt and he was super excited and walked around drinking it. 

While the cousins were at our house I decided to take Emmett out of the house for a little bit and give him a break from the cousins. He and Pezy were not getting along very well. So I figured he needed a break from him so that he would act better. So I took just Emmett for a jog with me. Sometimes he just needs a break from all the chaos. 

Our butterflies also hatched while the cousins were here. After a few days of them being hatched we took them outside to let them go. 
































It took a while for the butterflies to come out of their cage. After a little while of waiting I had Emmett put his arm inside to see if they would just land on his arm. Emmett had 2 land on his arm. Wyatt tried and the butterflies didn't seem to want to fly onto his arm which he was pretty bummed about. It was fun watching Emmett's face when the butterflies were on his arm and hand. He was just so excited about it! 



One of the butterflies didn't seem super ready to take off. It flew a little ways and then landed on the grass to take a break. It took a few tries for it to fly away. 


It finally flew away. It was fun to watch them grow and change and then fly away. We were glad that Gigi sent them to us. 

We also played in the backyard in the sprinklers and with some water balloons. 




This little cutie pie hit 14 months while cousins were here. He is walking pretty good now and can say, "Hi" he wont say mama anymore. Instead when I tell him to say Mama he says, "Dada" what a little stinker. haha 

Kayden was loving the fire hydrant sprinkler. 

Mady with her little brother Jaxton.

The kids just enjoying some down time together. 



Kayden acting like a little baby. haha He seemed so happy that Daddy was holding him while he drank his bottle. haha It didn't last long but it was kind of funny that he was drinking it this way. 

The last fun thing we did with the kids while the cousins were here was "Zelda" day. Coya had planned a couple of activities and the kids were super excited for it. We made a fire out in our backyard for the kids to roast hot dog and make smores.






After lunch the kids were off on their next Zelda activities and had to find a schrine and fight bad guys and other things like that. They sure loved it! haha 






Kayden was so enthralled with his baby cousin Jaxton. It was pretty funny watching Kayden around him. He would stare at him and smile at him. Sometimes he would try to touch his eyes or poke him. Haha I had to stop him from climbing on him a couple of times when Jaxton was laying on the floor. It was pretty silly. He sure seemed to like him though. It was pretty cute! Tell you what though, Kayden seemed like a little baby still until we had an actual baby at our house. Then I realized how much of a little toddler Kayden really is becoming. He isn't a baby anymore which is fun and sad at the same time. After a busy week of the kids playing and sometimes fighing (Mostly Emmett and Pez) they had to take off to head to Utah. We were glad to have them at our house and were excited to see them again in a couple of weeks for the reunion in St. George.  

No comments:

Post a Comment