Wednesday, June 8, 2022

More April Fun

The rest of April was pretty good. We caught the squirrel that was eating our couch cushions. My Dad (Papa) has a trap that he has used to catch a bunch of animals before. So he let us borrow it. The first time we set out the apple with some peanut butter on it Kayden played with the latch and it was not loose enough to go off. So we readjusted it and the next morning I watched as the squirrel hopped down on to our couch and walked in to grab the pear chunk. Then BAM!!!! The trap snapped shut with him/her inside of it. I was so happy we finally caught that cushion eating squirrel. Then it started peeing all over our couch. So I went out and moved it to the floor of our porch and then it started pooping all over the place. I was glad I had moved it off the couch before it started pooping. I don't know how that little animal could have so much poop inside of it at one time. 

So I texted my Mom to see if she wanted to come help set him free. Then the boys got all ready for school and took off. Once they left my mom showed up and we drove to take this animal to a different location so it wouldn't eat our cushions anymore. I drove over to the natural area off strauss Cabin. I figured that would be far enough away because the squirrel would have to cross the highway to get back. So hopefully it was far enough away. 

Kayden kept saying that the squirrel was mean. I told him that it was because it was eating our couches and because it was now mad and scared because it was caught. Then Kayden kept calling him, "Little Stinker" I think he thought that was his name because I kept calling him a little stinker. haha It was pretty funny! Thankfully, the little guy did not get out in the car and he ran right in to the trees when my mom opened up the cage to set him free. Hopefully we wont have any other issues with these squirrels

Brandons Parents all came to visit. They were supposed to come to watch our boys while we went to Texas for a meeting on the practice financials. However, the company was not ready so our trip got postponed. They decided to come out anyways and hangout with us for a few days. 

The boys were so excited for their Grandparents to get here. They sat outside to wait when it was close to the time that they would arrive. Kayden kept talking about "Grandpa's truck" He also mentioned that his truck matched his shirt. For some reason I thought that his truck was blue. So when they pulled up in a red truck I was very surprised. Kayden has a better memory than I do. haha 

Spring is in the air or should I say ground! Our flowers that we planted last year are starting to sprout!! I am so excited to see them grow this year! 

Off on a walk while the men were off golfing. 



The old guys vs the young ones. These 4 had so much fun trying to beat each other. Ethan and Wyatt were determined to beat their Grandpa's. haha Ethan and Wyatt ended up beating them a couple of times and they felt pretty cool about it. 

Friday morning we had to go file for the kids passports. So we decided to go to topgolf in Thornton right after applying at the post office. We left to get everything done and Brandon's parents were going to meet us at Top Golf. It was a good thing that they didn't go with us because we forgot our check book and my debit card was expired. So Brandon called them and they grabbed our check book and met us at the post office so we could pay for the kids passports. While we waited for them to arrive the kids played at the park that was right next to the post office. We were so glad that there was a park right there. 




I guess they didn't really play at the park. They mostly played on the jumps that were at a skateboard park next to the park. 

Kayden fell asleep right before we arrived at Top Golf. So I hung out in the car to let him sleep for a little bit. After some Top Golf we headed to IN N OUT for some tasty lunch! 

Always a yummy outing!! 

That Saturday we spent time over at my parents house. My Dad had these big boxes that he kept for the boys to play with. 


The boys had a blast trying to punch their way out of the boxes. It was quite funny watching them rolling around the yard. 


Then it was time for Grandma and Grandpa Murri to go home. Kayden was not happy about that!! 
He had a very sad expression and kept saying that he needed them. It was so sweet!! 
He did not want them to leave. 

Our flowers are growing so nicely! I can't wait to see them when the bloom! 


Out for a walk with Gigi. There were so many may flies outside and at one point while I was talking I sucked one in! It was terrible!! I ended up coughing it out like 5 minutes later! So GROSS!! 

We are getting so many bugs out now that it is spring. Plus we seem to have biting knats. Kayden was playing with his water table and after like 10 minutes asked me to come over and play with him. I noticed all of these little bites on him. He was eaten alive in a short amount of time! It was terrible!! 

I decided I was going to try and take Kayden to the gym with me. I wanted to be able to ride the bike at the gym so I let Kayden watch something while I rode the bike. It worked out great!! 



Park time fun!!! We love being able to get out and enjoy the park when the weather is nice! 

Another cool thing we got to do was go out to dinner with Sister Blackmore. It was so much fun going out to dinner with Aliana. We had not seen her in a long time and it was fun to catch up with her and see how her mission was going. It was a great night! 


Kayden was able to fulfill a life long dream! Sitting in a Fire Truck!! haha 

No comments:

Post a Comment