Monday, August 19, 2013

An Eventful week!

So about a month ago Brandon's sister Coya came to visit with her kids while her husband John had some training in Denver or interviews somewhere I can't quite remember. But anyways so the week started out fine. Coya and her family came down on the 16th of July I believe and we just had fun hanging out. We went shopping at the mall one day and got Chick fil a for lunch so that the kids could run around and have some fun. Then one of the days we decided to go to a farm in town called The Farm at Lee Martinez park that was supposedly the place you should go. So we figured we would check it out. It was really small actually and not all that much fun. The kids had fun though and that is really all that matters. We were hoping to be able to ride some horses but they only do that on the weekends so that was a bummer. But, the kids were able to feed some goats and sheep and play in a little play area. So all in all it was pretty fun for them. Then one of the nights we went and got some ice cream and pioneer ice cream (which is super yummy) afterwards we were going to get a movie from redbox but our honda keys got locked in the car. Coya had been driving the honda since we all didnt fit in our SUV and when Brandon went over to help her with the kids she left her purse on the chair along with her phone and keys not even realizing it. So Brandon then locked the car and we headed upstairs to put the kids to bed. Then as Coya and I were going to go grab the movie we realized that the keys were not in the house. They were in our locked car. Which we do not have a spare key for!! DUMB!! So after some attempts at unlocking the car on our own with a hanger we had to call the locksmith. So after a very frustrating day that it had been our keys got locked in the car and we could not get our movie and just enjoy relaxing while watching a nice movie. So that was a great ending to the night. Oh and I think it was 3 out of the 4 kids woke up crying before we even got to bed! haha 























Being silly at Chick Fil A 


Cousins sharing seats in the Grocery store at King Soopers waiting to pick up Daddy from work!! 

Then that Friday John was going to be back in town so we had some fun things planned. We were going to go see Despicable Me II and then go to a place in Greeley that is kind of like a water park but inside. So it was going to be a great day. However, our plans got cut short when we were in a car accident! 



Yup, that is our car!! We were going to the movie but when we got to the theatre the lady informed us that they changed the time of the movie. So we got our tickets and then decided to go let the kids play at the park while we waited. Brandon told John how to get to the park and we split up. We were headed to go look at a lot for a future house before we met them at the park. But, we never made it. A lady ran a red light and hit us just perfectly to cause our car to loose balance as the back end flung out and we rolled. Luckily it was a slow roll because Brandon was not wearing his seatbelt!! What is crazy is that we were only going about 35 down the road. So she just hit us perfectly to cause us to roll! So anyways, it was seriously an experience we will never forget. I remember it like it was yesterday. I remember just thinking what is a car doing in the middle of the road, her light should not be green too and then Brandon tried swerving around her. As we hit I just braised myself and thought seriously we were just hit. But, my thoughts quickly turned to looking out Ethan and Brandon's windows and watching the ground get closer. I couldnt believe it, we were rolling over. I just thought this is going to be bad and braised myself yet again for impact. Once the car was finally at a complete stop I was assesing any damage on me. I thought my head might have been bleeding because as we tumbled and my head was going everywhere I felt wetness on my head. Thank goodness it was from some water that must have been in the car or something because I was not bleeding. Then I looked over at Brandon, and seeing that he was not wearing his seat belt I yelled at him saying, "ARE YOU KIDDING ME RIGHT NOW!!! YOU ARE NOT WEARING YOUR SEATBELT!?!?? He could have been hurt so badly if the accident had gotten any worse!! So of coarse I was going to yell at him!! Then I looked back at our screaming boys. Ethan was holding onto his car and just screaming and I couldnt see Wyatt but I knew he was screaming. Brandon then proceeded to crawl out of the car. So I decided that I needed to get out. So I unbuckled my seatbelt which I then fell onto the room of the car landing directly on glass and crawled out of Brandon's door because mine was all broken. Then as I got out I saw three people coming to help. One lady was already on the phone with 911 and another lady came over to make sure we were ok. She then helped me to the sidewalk since I was bleeding and Brandon went back in the car to get the kids out. All I kept thinking about it that I wanted my babies out of the car. Brandon had to crawl on his back on the roof to get in and get the kids out. He said it was a really weird experience. Wyatt was harder to get out because he was scared and hanging from his seatbelt and was keeping his arms straight. After he got Ethan out a lady was there to hold him and try to comfort him. Then Wyatt was out and another lady held him to watch him while Brandon dealt with other stuff. brandon then went over to the lady in the van that had hit us and asked if she was ok and said that he was sorry that this happened. She was basically in shock that this had happened. She had not moved from her car and was just sitting there. The cops and ambulence then showed up and Brandon called Coya to tell them that we would not be making it to the park because we had just been in an accident. So we were all then checked out by the paramedics and we gave our statements to the police. One of the officers asked me which was we were driving. So I told her south and she then asked but your car is facing north. I was all, "ya well when she hit us our back end flung out and we lost balance rolled the car and the car then spun on the roof." She also asked if we were all wearing our seatbelts. I said, "well ya, I mean I know I was for sure. All I know is that we were in an accident and my car rolled." I didnt want to be the one to say that Brandon was not wearing his seat belt. He could be the one to tell them that if they asked him. Oh and after the scare of the accident had worn off of Ethan he said, " I was like spider man hanging upside down." Then when the tow truck or whatever it was flipped over our car Ethan (who was still being held by the nice lady) Said, "mommy our car is broke!! Daddy broke our car!" haha Oh was a silly boy. So after everything was said and done John and Coya drove us and the kids home just to drop off the kids so that I could go to the hospital and get things cleaned up. I was sure there was glass in my hand and knee. So we dropped off the kids, went and picked up Brandon at the theatre (he was getting our movie tickets changed to later in the day) and then headed to the hospital. It took us forever just to get in and get my cuts cleaned out. They took xrays to make sure they could see if there was any glass and no fractures. They said they couldnt see any but I was able to get little tiny ones out later. We then had to wait for the car rental place to pick us up. Luckily the lady had good insurance and State Farm was taking care of everything. So the car rental lady picked us up and took us over to sign some papers and then we were off. We headed from the rental place to the impound so we could get the car keys. We needed the keys because they were brandon's set which had the honda keys on it. Then we headed to the movie theatre to meet John and Coya and all of our kids at the movie. We got there just in time. We had not eaten lunch or dinner yet! We were so hungry! So we ate some popcorn to hold us over. When we got to the movie and saw our two boys sitting there I just wanted to hug them and love them. I was so happy to see them again and be with them after such a long and scary day. I just looked our two boys and at Brandon and just felt so blessed to have such a wonderful sweet family and to have been protected that day! Then after the movie John and Coya had to head home back to Nebraska and we headed to Jason's Deli for some dinner! Then of coarse the kids did not get to bed on time and were hard to get to bed that night. Which made for an even longer day, since we just wanted to finally sit down and relax. We slept really well that night once the kids were asleep and we had calmed down. I still can't believe that that happened to us. We were so blessed though. I was the only one with some cuts. Brandon, Ethans and Wyatts windows were all intact. Mine and all the back windows were blown. Plus, when we were in the accident no other cars were coming from either direction. Since we ended up in the turning lane on the opposite side of the street we could have been in a world of hurt if any cars had been coming at the same time! So we felt and feel so blessed and watched over. I am so glad that I was the only one with cuts. We hope that we never have to experience anything like that ever again!! 









Our sweet Jeep Grand Cherokee 2014 that we got from the rental Car place for FREE!!







This was looking at the car at the impound! Seriously so watched over!! I wanted to cry after thinking about it and seeing the car!! I was thankful to my Heavenly Father for watching over me and my family!! I was suprised that I didnt cry when the accident happened. All I cared about was that my babies were out of the car and that no one was hurt!! 

Then that Saturday we drove around just a little bit and looked at some cars. Grabbed some breakfast at panera Bread and then headed to John and Coya's in Scottsbluff Nebraska to go to Mady's birthday party! 





















We had a lot of fun at the birthday party and I know that Ethan had a blast running around with all of the kids. We were sure glad to get home that night and just be able to relax though. Another positive was that it was Sunday the next day. So we had no were that we had to be other than church. Thank goodness for Sunday! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment