Monday, July 6, 2020

Papa and Gigi come to visit!

May 31st was a good day. My parents arrived from Cali and we were so excited to spend some time with them. They were originally coming out to watch our kiddos while we went to an amusement park in Ohio. However, with the pandemic those plans got canceled. So instead of coming out to watch the kids, they came out to just hangout and have some fun with us. 

I sent this picture to my parents to show how excited Kayden was to see them. haha I knew he would be a little nervous when they arrived but at least he gave me a happy smile to send to them. 



We were all so excited when Brandon got home with my parents. The fun had arrived!! 



Kayden wasn't so sure! haha He is at that stranger danger phase. So he just stared at my mom and then leaned for me to take him. It took Kayden a few days to warm up Papa and Gigi. He warmed up to Papa a little quicker than Gigi but, once he warmed up to them he would lean for Gigi to hold him when I was holding in. haha
While my parents were here we spent a lot of time in the backyard. My Dad had to work quite a bit while he was here but still came outside with us sometimes. My mom and I were able to get away a couple of times and go grab sodas which was fun and yummy. We also did some workout videos together while they were here. The kids just loved having them here. They had fun making paper airplanes with them and playing games inside. When the kids went to bed at night us adults would go outside and play corn hole until the sun went down and then play a card game inside before calling it a night. 



Kayden was so cute with my mom once he warmed up to her. 

We also filled up the pool less than normal so that Kayden could play in it. Kayden absolutely loved it. I had to follow him around and make sure he didn't fall in face first. 



He played for a little while and had so much fun and splashed all over the place. Then he fell in for a split second and I had to grab him and he coughed hard for a minute and then threw up on me. That was fun!! NOT!! haha After that I was done letting him play in the pool and had him play with his water table again. haha 

Once Kayden went down for his nap Gigi and I ran out and grabbed sodas. It tasted so good on a hot day!! 

While my parents were here they also let Brandon and I get out on a day date. So we took off Thursday morning and went golfing. 
We played 18 holes (which I have only done probably twice). Then we grabbed some lunch really quick at Pot Belly. We were actually able to eat inside Pot Belly. That was the first time we were able to eat inside a restaurant since the pandemic started. So that was kind of fun! Then we grabbed a soda for me and my mom on the way back to the house. We enjoyed the rest of the day with them. 

Oh, also that weekend we went and walked through some houses with my parents. We figured we should go walk through some houses and see if they could find one that they liked. We walked through a few with St. Auben homes and a few with Richmond homes and another builder as well. We even drove down to Greeley one afternoon to see a finished floor plan that they thought they liked. They ended up not liking it as much after seeing all the other houses we had walked through. After going out a couple of times that week to look at houses my Dad started to mention that maybe they needed to stay another week. That way they could look at the houses even more and the one that they liked another few times to see if they really liked it enough. We told them they were more than welcome to stay another week. They talked about it and we got their flights changed to the following weekend. 
Poor buddy fell asleep while we drove to see some houses. So we took turns staying in the car with him and walking through the houses with my parents. This picture Ethan took while me and Brandon were walking through one of the houses. 


The one cabinet that I purposefully keep unlocked. haha It is nice to know where Kayden is when I am in the kitchen. 





The other nice thing about my parents staying another week was that we were able to play more pickle ball and games with them.


Kayden was so silly and kept trying to eat Papa and Gigi's toes when they would be sitting on the couch. Its as so funny. He would walk over to their feet and then slowly lower down like he was going to eat them. haha Then he would look at us and smile! haha 

Such a silly kiddo! 

Nothing better than wrestling Dad on Sunday's. 

Another thing Kayden loved doing while Papa and Gigi were here was playing with the lap tops mouse. Anytime they had their computers out Kayden got all excited and would crawl over to where they were sitting. Gigi let him play with her mouse and he loved it so much!! 


We also got out with the kite a couple of times. The kids were having so much fun just running with the kite to get it to fly. 

Gigi also took the kids out fishing at the pond one afternoon. The kids were thrilled about that. I don't really care to go with them so they don't get to do it very often. Once Kayden woke up from his nap I walked out to meet them over there. 







They had fun and I guess that is all that matters. 

Helping shuck some corn on the Cobb for dinner. 

Then Wyatt had his appointment to get some impressions done so he could get a retainer instead of his expander. He was so silly during the impression. He was moving his mouth to the music with it in his mouth. haha 
Wyatt it such a funny kid. He is a goof ball and I just love it. His gums were a little sore after they took out his expander and got the new bands in to make sure they fit. It cut up his gums pretty good but he was a good sport about it. 



Kayden loves Cherry's! Look at that happy face!! 

Then there is Brandon! Poor guy! He had to keep his N95 mask on all day long when Travis came back to work just to make sure that Travis felt safe around him. Brandon's poor face was bruised and he said it was hard to breath all day long. I felt so bad for him but it was also good to have all the staff working again. 

Ethan made this card stack thing. He was pretty proud of it. We were having a lot of fun with having Papa and Gigi in town. The fun didn't stop here!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment