Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Another day of Firsts starting with the cafeteria!

During the last week of school a few of the moms were taking their kids to the cafeteria for lunch to let them experience it for the first time and to know how it all works. So that morning Wyatt, Emmett and I played in the basement for a while and then headed to school for some lunch. 



It was so weird seeing Ethan in the cafeteria knowing that he will be having lunch at school next year and not at home with us.








They had so much fun eating lunch in the cafeteria and Ethan is so excited to be eating lunch at school next year. It is still so crazy to me to think that Ethan will be at school all day long next year. Sure it will be nice to not have to pick him up at 11:30 but it will be so weird to have him gone more of the day than he is home. I can't believe he is growing up so fast. I don't know if I am ready for Ethan to be gone so much and to be getting more influence from the rest of the world than from me. He has been in my protection for almost 6 years now and it is sad to think that I can't keep him protected forever. I just hope that we can prepare him enough that he is ready to choose righteously and not give in to peer pressure. It truly scares me with the world that we live in today. These kids get exposed to so much at such an early age and I just wish I could keep him sheltered and protected for ever, but, I know I can't. I know I have to let him make his own decisions and his own mistakes. It is just so weird to be reaching that point in motherhood. We sure do love him so much and will miss him during the day. However, for now we get to enjoy him for the summer before all of that change happens. So we will try to enjoy as much of the summer as we can! :-) 


Ethan also started Baseball for the first time. He really seems to like it a lot more than he liked soccer. I think he had fun with soccer, but, I also can tell that he is having way more fun with baseball! 

No comments:

Post a Comment