Sunday, June 5, 2016

Field Day and Fathers and Sons Campout

Since this has been our first year of having a kindergartener it has been fun to go to the activiities that the school puts on. One of these activities is called "Field Day". Basically it is just an active day where the kids get to play all sorts of games outside and do relay races and all sorts of fun things. Wyatt was not feeling good that morning and Emmett went down for a nap so I went to go watch Ethan by myself. Ethan was so excited to see me there at his school. In fact a couple of times he came over and held my hand while we were walking. He does not do that very often. It was fun to spend that time with him and I know that he was really glad that I was there. 







 






After Field Day we got a few things done and had to get the kids ready to go on the Father's and Sons campout. The boys look forward to this every year. Wyatt had woken up with a fever and I was not sure that he would be well enough to go camping. I told him that morning that if he didn't feel better that he probably wouldn't be able to go camping. He then told me, "Roasting hot dogs and marshmallows will make me feel better." haha I couldn't make him stay home when he kept telling me and Brandon this anytime we asked him how he was feeling. 


So they boys headed out before dinner time to go have some fun putting up the tent, roasting hot dogs and marshmallows in the fire. 

Around 7 Brandon texted me and told me that he was bringing Wyatt home. Wyatt had fun for a while playing and they found a bunch of frogs and were having a blast. Then Wyatt asked if daddy could put up the tent so he could take a nap. He ended up sleeping for a couple of hours and when Brandon woke him up to see if he wanted to eat anything he just started crying and said he wanted to go home. Poor little guy!! I felt so bad for him. He ended up falling asleep again on the way home and Brandon carried him from the car to his bed, I put him in a pull up and put his blanket on him and he didn't make a peep the whole night. I was glad that he slept so well but sad that he felt so yucky!! 

Before Brandon brought Wyatt home I had weeded and shoveled around our dirt in our garden to get it ready to plant some yummy veggies. Brandon was surprised when I showed him that I got it all ready! haha 

Anyways, besides Wyatt getting sick and having to come home early from the campout everyone still had a fun fill day and weekend that weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment