Thursday, November 10, 2016

Halloween Festivities!

Sunday the day before Halloween we finally carved pumpkins. 





Ethan actually cleaned out his pumpkin this year! 



Emmett wanted to try to. He also wanted to help Ethan put the pumpkin guts back inside of his pumpkin. haha 








Wyatt on the other hand did not want to clean out his pumpkin. He didn't even want to draw his face. He kept telling me he wanted me to draw a Captain America face on his pumpkin. Then he changed to spider man and then back to Captain America. I told him I couldn't draw a Captain America face so I just drew a face on his pumpkin and then he helped Brandon push the cut out pieces out of the pumpkin. 








Halloween Day was spent pretty much on the couch. I ended up getting food poisoning Sunday night (I believe it was from left over chicken I ate for lunch) So I was up all night ralphing in the toilet. It was not fun. So on Halloween when I had planned to get out of the house and have some fun with the boys and let Wyatt dress in his Captain America costume all day we ended up just watching TV pretty much the whole day. I did not feel good and just wanted to sleep and sit and relax. We did venture out into the backyard at one point and I laid on the carpet in the basement while the boys played but that was pretty much it. I would start to feel ok and then I would get a wave of pain in my stomach that would remind me of why I didn't want to do anything. We did make it outside for a little bit while we waited for Ethan to get home from school. 





Then I made jack o lantern grilled cheese sandwiches for the kids for dinner. I had not gotten to the store so I had nothing else planned for dinner and I didn't really want to cook. Brandon picked up sandwiches from Firehouse for he and I to eat but since it was Halloween I wanted to boys to eat something before Brandon got home so we could just get costumes on and go out Trick or Treating. If it hadn't been for that I would have just had Brandon bring home dinner for the kids too. 
Luckily I felt good enough to go out and watch the kids trick or treat. I was not about to miss Emmett's first time trick or treating. 
























I am so glad I felt good enough to go out and watch them Trick or Treat. Emmett would try to say "trick or treat" it was pretty much just the rhythm and sound of Trick or treat but he sure did try. Then he would say, "dandoo" obviously for Thank you! It was seriously the cutest thing!!! 



The boys made a haul and had so much fun. They looked so stinking cute walking around a some people totally knew who they were supposed to be and others thought they were a mariachi band! haha The rest of the night I spent on the couch and we went to bed early. We had planned on watching "Van Helseign" but that changed with me being sick! Oh well, there is always next year! haha 

No comments:

Post a Comment