Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Living life and getting ready for Christmas

After our fun and crazy Thanksgiving in Arkansas it was time to just enjoy life at home and get excited and ready for Christmas! We spend a lot of time playing in the basement. Emmett loves going in the basement and playing with all the toys. He goes down into the basement on his own all the time these days. If I don't know where he is I can normally call for him down in the basement and he will come running to the stairs from in the basement. He is such a cute little stubborn stinker and he is getting more and more independent or at least trying to be! haha 





After Thanksgiving I had 4 days to get enough caramel popcorn made to fill 12 tins for Brandon's office Christmas party. I think I made 6 batches to fill up the tins. It was a lot harder to get all the popcorn made this year with Emmett being mobile. I had to wait until he was down for a nap to be able to make it or he would just be at my legs crying wanting me to hold him or getting into things that he shouldn't be. Wyatt got to help me make the caramel popcorn and he enjoyed that! 

He especially liked when I let him chew on the spoon with caramel popcorn all over it. haha 

Emmett is on top of the table pretty much any chance that he gets! 

It was warm enough to get outside for a little bit one afternoon so Wyatt and Emmett and I went on a bike ride and ended up playing at a park for just a little bit. Wyatt decided to put his gloves on each handle bar. It looked so funny that I just had to take a picture of it! :-) 

Wyatt started to pump his legs on the swing all by himself. I can't believe how big he is getting! 


Time to put up the boys Christmas Trees! :-) 








The kids love putting their own Christmas trees in their rooms just as I did when I was little. They were so excited when we got to do this for Family Home Evening. 












Look at these cute boys!! I love how much they Love Christmas! :-) 



Emmett started to feed himself with a spoon. I gave him some cereal and milk because he kept wanting Wyatt's. So I gave him some and handed him a spoon and showed him how to use it and then he started to do it by himself. He did a really good job too. He would turn it over and spill a few times but for the most part he would get the spoon in his mouth the right way so the cereal stayed on the spoon. It was pretty exciting, especially since he actually was eating something and he ate quite a bit of cereal that morning because he was so excited about it. Too bad this only happened one morning, the next time he went back to his normal self and didn't eat much! 



Getting pizza at Costco is always a fun treat! Emmett really wanted to eat at the table like Wyatt so I let him. He looked like such a big boy sitting there at the table with Wyatt using a fork and eating his pizza! 




Look at those cuties!!! Can't get enough of them!! 

I sure do love this time I get with these little munchkins! 

Office Party Time: 
So December 1st was Brandon's work party. It was a fun night of playing games, eating food and having fun with all of the staff members. One of the games was a snowman making contest. 

I volunteered to be our snowman! :-) 



It was a funny activity and everyone had fun. 




It was a successful evening! :-) 

This was something that Ethan wrote at school. I love this note he made from school. I especially love the pictures he drew! So stinking cute!! 

Along with our office party that weekend we also had our Ward Christmas Party. This year they did a breakfast and they had actual belgium waffles. They got them imported from Belgium because it was cheaper than getting any restaurant around the area to make that many for the party. So we literally had Belgium waffles from Belgium and they were DELICIOUS!! They were seriously amazing. I had a hard time controlling myself on how many I ate. I was so stuffed after two of them but they were so yummy that I kept nibbling on Emmett's that he didn't eat! haha 










The kids all ready for the Christmas program. 


The Christmas program that they put of was super cute. They had Santa Narrate the program and it went through a little bit of the Grinch story and then circled into the Nativity story! It was super cute! 















At the end the missionaries give the Grinch a Book of Mormon. It was a really cute program and it was short enough that the kids didn't lose interest and long enough to get the real reason of Christmas across. It was a great morning and a great Ward Christmas party! 

The boys have started to do more chores around the house. A while back I had them start to unload the dishwasher and I have had them continue to do so. They do a really good job. I unload the sharp knives and dry off any of the wet dishes but then they put away the rest. It is nice having the help! :-) 





Life is so rough being small!! haha 


Ethans turkey he made at school! :-) 


Emmett looks like a little marshmallow. This was his first time going out in the snow to play around. So I bundled him up so we could go out and shovel the drive way and he could play for a little bit. We didn't have any snow gloves for him so I just put some cloth gloves on him. The poor little guy was crying in probably 10 minutes and when I got him inside his hands were little icicles. I felt so bad for him and how cold he was. The next time I put my heavy 2 lined socks over his hands and he was much warmer! 









He was not much of a fan of the snow. When he touched the snow he held up his hand and said, "Eww..." haha 


Wyatt and I also made a jet pack one afternoon! It was pretty awesome if you ask me! haha 



He liked it for the most part. Then he decided he wanted to make a rocket ship instead! haha They are never satisfied are they!? haha 

No comments:

Post a Comment