Monday, June 19, 2017

My first Girls weekend


After our trip to California it was decided that we (my sisters, mom and I) needed a girls weekend. We figured it would be super fun to get together for a weekend just us girls and have some fun together. We decided to go to San Fransisco since Ashely lives there and we could go explore the area and see how city life is. So sometime in March we bought tickets to fly to San Fran and to have some much needed sister/mom time! We all flew out on May 11nth in the evening and were planning on just having my mom and Tif wait for me to arrive and then we were all going to drive over to Ashley's apartment together. The evening turned out a lot crazier than we expected it to. First my mom and Tiffany with little Remington were flying out of San Diego together and their flight kept getting delayed. My flight on the other hand seemed like it was still on time and that everything was going to be going well. Tiffany and my moms flight ended up being delayed by about 2 hours or more. Than as I boarded my plane I got a text from my mom saying that their flight was canceled!! I got the text and just thought my mom was teasing me. Then she said they would get something figured out and then let me know. I couldn't believe it!! Our first girls weekend and it seemed as though it wasn't going to happen. My flight was going to make it but I was now doubting that Tiffany and my mom would be making it to San Fran. We only had 2 full days to hang out together, so it would not be good if they couldn't fly out until the next day. So while they are trying to figure out how to get to San Fran I am on the plane and all of a sudden the flight attendant says over the speaker, " I am not sure why some of you are getting a text saying that our flight has been canceled but I will figure it out!" I look over at some girls sitting across from me and ask if what she said was true. The girl showed me a text she just got that said the flight was canceled! So then I texted my mom and told her that supposedly our flight is now canceled! The flight attendant then comes back on and says, "Ok, here is the story! We have to be completely boarded and in the air in 20 minutes or we cannot take off." We would then have to wait for the 9:20 flight (2 hours later) if we didn't manage to get in the air in 20 minutes. I texted my mom again and texted Brandon letting him know what was happening. Then the 2 girls next to me and I were just crossing our fingers and hoping that people would just get on the plane fast so we could take off! Thankfully, we managed to get the flight boarded and in the air and we were on our way. My mom and Tif got on a flight to the Oakland airport instead of flying into San Fran and we landed at about the same time! Then my mom and Tif had to get a rental car and drive about 40 minutes to get to our hotel and Ashley's place. I was at a completely different airport and now had to figure out how to use "Uber" to get a ride to Ashley's since I didn't want to make my mom and Tif drive out of the way to get me. So after talking with Ashley on the phone and trying to figure out how to use an Uber I finally got a car and was on my way to the Hotel. The traffic at the airport that night was insane and it took us probably 15 minutes just to pick up 2 other girls and get out of the airport and on our way to our destinations. Both the girls riding in the Uber with me said that they had never seen it to crowded! Tif then called me saying that they had gotten to the hotel and were wondering where I was. A few minutes later I arrived at Ashley's building. I got out of the Uber and headed to what I thought was Ashley's apartment building. I texted Ashley and told her that I was at her apartment downstairs and she told me she was on her way down. Probably 5 minutes later I still didn't see Ashley and was wondering what was taking her so long. She then called me and asked where I was. I told her I was in her building, or at least I thought I was! haha The front desk man that buzzed me in told me the number of the apartment I was in and then Ashley knew that I was in the wrong building. So she came over to get me! haha I was finally with Ashley and we walked over to the hotel that I was going to be staying at with Tiffany and our mom! Then my Mom told me all about their crazy night and she said that if she hadn't flown with Tif that Tifany would have just gave up and not come to San Fran. So it was a good thing my mom was with her or she would have just left the airport and headed home! We were finally all together and Tifany ordered some pizza because they hadn't really eaten dinner at it was now 11 o'clock at night. haha So we chatted with Ashley for a little bit before she headed back to her apartment for the night and then we got settled in and ate some pizza at about midnight and then went to bed. While we were getting ready for bed Tif went to go get a water from the vending machine because the water my mom bought at the airport was a carbinated water. haha Tif came back with news that the vending machine was broken! Then when Tif went to open the carbonated water it exploded all over the place!! We just started busting up laughing!! Everything was going wrong that night and we just needed to go to bed and start a new day! haha The next day we had high hopes of what the day would bring. Mom headed downstairs to check and see if they had anything for breakfast and I headed to the bathroom. As soon as I opened the door to the bathroom there was an overwhelming smell of cigarette smoke. I came out and told my Mom as she walked back in the door. So she headed back downstairs to the lobby to tell the front desk and get us switched to a different room. The smell was getting worse by the minute. We tried to keep the bathroom door closed but we had to grab stuff from the bathroom. Tif took Remy out of the room pretty quickly and she was the first to grab some of her things and head to our new room. We packed up as quickly as we could and headed to our other room. The room we moved to smelled so much cleaner!! It was way nicer too! As my mom and I walked back to the room to get the last bit of things we had left we walked past a room that was being cleaned and smelt like skunk. My Mom and I were thinking what the heck, our room smells like smoke and that room stinks like skunk. Then our room key wouldn't work and we had to ask the lady cleaning the other room to come open the door for us so we could get the rest of our stuff out of the room. We made it into the room and grabbed the last bit of stuff as quickly as possible since it smelled even worse in the room now. We headed back downstairs to our new room and saw Ashley. We started saying how one of the rooms smelled like skunk and she was all, "Thats weed!" Both my Mom and I looked at each other and were all, "Oh..." haha Ashley was surprised I had never smelled that before since I live in Colorado. It was pretty funny! Oh and one last thing, our key card to our room was the only way to get the elevator to work and when me and my mom went in the elevator the door closed and we swiped the card and nothing happened. My mom swiped it again, still nothing happened. She swiped it a third time and it finally worked! We were afraid we were going to be stuck in the elevator with how our luck was going!! We finally got all moved into our clean, good smelling room and were ready to get on with our day!



My 7 dollar earbuds that I bought at the airport because I forgot to bring anything with me. I kind of spaced that I was going to have 2 hours in an airplane with nothing to do. So I bought these thinking I would be able to listen to some music or watch some T.V. But of course the plane that I was on did not have Wifi. So I was not able to listen or watch anything. I couldn't play my games except for one and I couldn't listen to any music. It was a long 2 hour flight!!
 
If Remy isn't going to sleep in this jail cell than my Mom sure was going to! ;-) haha 

Look at that cute little boy!! It was fun having Remy there with us. He is such a cutie and such a happy little guy! He did such a great job that weekend. He would sleep in the Ergo baby and he would just hangout. I was worried that he would put up a fuss a lot and make it hard to get out and have all the fun we wanted to but he did a great job! 
Our view out of our hotel window! I will never understand how people could like a view like this! Personally I would prefer seeing a sandy beach and the ocean out my window! haha




Ashley in her tiny studio apartment! It was cute but really small!! 


Plus he liked me! :-) 



This is a drug dealer store. Ashley said that we don't want to go into this market. So naturally I had to take a picture of it! haha 



We ate breakfast on at this place right off the beach. It was a nice view and the food was pretty good. It was expensive and I couldn't believe that it was 17 bucks for an egg/potato dish. haha I texted Brandon and he reminded me that I was in the city now and by the beach so everything was going to be more expensive and just to enjoy myself! So I did! haha :-)




Yes, this was 17 bucks YIKES!! haha 


It was also Tifany's birthday that day and they brought our a little ice cream sundae for her and we sang Happy Birthday to her! 






Our massive scone things that came with our food.






It was so windy!! 


This was a ruin of an old bath house! Kind of cool and yet really weird to think of people bathing in there all together. haha 


Now onto our hike! 





































The hike was a lot of fun even though it was so windy. There were spots on the hike that were not that windy and that was a nice break. haha It was fun to walk around and talk and just have fun together. 

Our next stop was some soda and stopping by an Toyota dealership that had an Audi s5 in sprint blue that Brandon wanted me to take a look at to see if it was too bright of a blue. So we did that and came to the conclusion that it was a really flashy blue. After that we headed to a look out point that overlooked the city of San Fransisco! It was a pretty cool vantage point and it was really busy because of that! 


Ashley and I went first because little Remy had just fallen asleep and it was so windy! Then my Mom and Tif headed up to see the view. 



Pretty neat! 




Then our last stop before heading back to the hotel to change out of our exercise gear was some spanish steps. They were pretty cool to look and Ashley stayed in the car with Remy while the three of us headed to look at the steps. At first we were going to look Remy in the car because we were only going to be gone for a couple of minutes. However, the signs that were all around the area saying that theft was very common and not to leave stuff in the car made us think otherwise. 
After the steps we headed to the hotel. On a side note, I had not been feeling the best since the last half of our hike and my stomach kept feeling worse. I put on a smile and tried to make the most of the time but it was hard when my stomach felt like I was going to be sick. So when we got back to the hotel I was relieved to lay down for a minute and then I hit the bathroom. Literally, hit the bathroom with a vengeance in the toilet. Luckily my mom had brought poopery with her and it actually worked. I was so upset that I would have this tummy issue on our girls trip. Just my luck! It felt a little better after going to the bathroom but every once in a while I would get hit with a wave of pain and nausea. Luckily I never threw up. I just destroyed the toilet every so often. 

After getting changed and unleashing the furry on the toilet a few times we headed out to take the "BART" to another area of town where we were going to get some yummy tacos and walk around for a bit. 
 
Ashley had to show us the ropes because none of us had ever done this city transportation before. 




It was like taking the tram at the Denver airport. Oh and yet again I was hit with some awesome luck. Something flew into my eye while we were walking down to the BART area and I couldn't get it out. So my eye was hurting and my stomach was hurting. It was just my luck and I couldn't catch a break that day. 

We made it to our food destination and ordered some Carne Asada tacos. 


They were yummy and packed full of meat. I was still not feeling the greatest so I couldn't enjoy them as much as I would have if I hadn't been feeling so yucky! But.. I did eat them and I hadn't felt sick enough to throw up so I was counting my blessings. 

After some dinner we walked around town for a little while and went into a Hot Chocolate place. 

They had chocolate that you could taste from lots of different places. It was definitely not a sweet chocolate. It was raw chocolate and it wasn't bad, but, I would prefer my snickers! haha 




We got 2 hot cocoa's to share. It was such a different taste than I was used to when thinking of hot cocoa. It wasn't very sweet so you didn't feel sugared out after drinking it. It was interesting. Not something I would get all of the time but it was fun to try. 


haha This sign was so funny! "PDA encouraged" haha Todo we are not in Kansas anymore! ;-) haha










Then we saw an alley way covered in "wall art". 


Then of coarse what is a city experience without seeing bunch of trash on the floor and pigeons all over it. haha

Oh and seeing a bunch of homeless people. Ashley told us that as long as we didn't pay attention to them and ignored them that they would ignore us. I would not be able to live in the City. I have a hard time looking mean. haha If I make eye contact with someone I normally smile at them just because thats what I do. I would not cut it living in the city where I have to look mad and non approachable. haha 


After walking around for a while we got tired of being in the wind and decided to head back to Ashley's apartment and watch a movie and ordered in some ice cream sandwiches from a place called "Bear sandwiches" I think thats what it was called. Then we called it a night and headed off the bed. 

The next morning we had some breakfast at Ashley's place and then headed down to the Wharf and Pier 39. It was fun looking at the shops and just walking around. Plus it wasn't as windy and the weather was pretty nice. I was still feeling a little off but not as bad as the day before. So things were looking up. 


















After walking around for a little bit we headed to eat some lunch at Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. 




I had to send Brandon some pictures of this place because I knew he would be jealous that we were going to be eating Shrimp. 






We had a pretty good view of Alcatraz. It was crazy how you could see where the current changed. There was a triangle in the water that was a different color. Crazy to think that someone would try to swim that area. I guess you can sign up to do an Alcatraz swim. Ya... no thank you!! I am sure there are sharks in the water. Even if I could swim it I wouldn't want to! I do not like not knowing what is in the water underneath me! 
Anyways, Lunch was really yummy and we were able to just enjoy some more yummy food and good conversation! 



My mom and I got these frosted drinks that came with a light up souvenir cup. Which worked out perfectly because my mom said I could keep hers and take them both home to give to Ethan and Wyatt as a souvenier. 



Mmm... yummy shrimp and a yummy salad. My mom and I split a plate of shrimp and a salad and Tif and Ashely split Shrimp and clam chowder. It was yummy and we were all full and ready to walk around some more after that! 

So much fun!!! Sure do love my Mom and sisters! 






This was a 2 decker carousel! Pretty cool! My boys would have loved to go on that. 









I thought this was so funny. Walking down the Wharf and Tiffany has a piece of newspaper wrap around her leg! Another city life experience complete! haha 

Some guys dressed and sprayed in gold performing some dance moves for tips.
We also went to a candy store so I could get some candy for my kiddos and they could get some for themselves. It was expensive!!! Most candy shops are expensive but it was really expensive for me since I was buying 3 bags worth of candy. I kept complaining about how much I was spending and Ashley and Tifany were giving me grief because I was complaining about spending 20 bucks on candy! haha I had all 3 bags ready to purchase and then I saw the Harry Potter jelly beans that are all different favors. I knew Ethan and Wyatt would love them but it was hard for me to spend 3 bucks on a tiny box of jelly beans especially since I was spending 20 on the rest of the candy as well. They talked me into it though and I caved. Although I sure was having buyers remorse afterwards and kept complaining and my sisters were just rolling their eyes at me. haha I have always had a hard time spending a lot of money on things. That is one thing they don't have a problem with. haha Oh well, my kids loved their candy so it was worth it in the end! 

This is the Ferry building. The reason for the picture is because my Dad a long time ago had to send out an email to a bunch of people he worked with to have a meeting at this building. He emailed everyone and spelt ferry as "fairy". Haha He sent it to everyone before he realized how he had spelt it! haha 

Getting a little break from the wind and letting Remy get a little break from being in the carrier before heading to the mall. 


Seriously the biggest mall I think I have been to! So big it makes you dizzy looking down from the top! YIKES! While we were there Ashley, Tif and my Mom wanted to get me to buy some lulu lemon work out pants. I didn't want to spend that kind of money on exercise pants. I know they are super expensive. As we were there looking around I hear Mom and Ashley saying that they have to force me to try something on and then make me get it. haha Then my Mom told me to just try something on. She then said that she was going to buy them for me because my birthday was going to be coming up and so it would be my early birthday present. I found some that I liked and she got them for me. She also bought Tiffany and Ashley a pair. She is seriously crazy!! The sad thing is that I really love them! haha Now it will be hard to go back to wearing cheaper exercise pants after wearing these lulu lemon ones. haha My sisters and my Mom have ruined me!! ;-) 

Multitasking. Tif feeds the baby and I feed the Tiffany! :-)

That night we decided to order some food in. We didn't really care to go drive around and find another parking spot and spend another 30 bucks or more on parking. So we decided to just order some noodles in for dinner and eat while watching a movie. Whats funny is that Brandon was watching Guardians of the Galaxy that same time as well. haha The noodles were yummy and then we were stuffed for a while. 

Remy was so done and so tired!! His poor little face was having such a hard time with all the wind in his face. 



The end our girls weekend we headed to a donut shop that Ashely said was the best. We didn't get donuts until 11 o'clock that night!! It was super late and yet we still stood in line for a good 20 minutes. Mom drove the car around while we stood in line and then we had to walk and find her. I was not a fan of walking around the streets that late at night. It is crazy how comfortable Ashley was with it all. I guess that it what happens after living there for almost 2 years. I couldn't do it! I am not a city girl! haha 

The next morning we had to get up nice and early to get to the airport for our 7:30 flights. It was an early morning especially after being up so late. We got all packed up and headed to the airport. We got through security and then grabbed a little breakfast. Since it was Mother's Day I decided to be sneaky and buy my Mom's breakfast for her. For an egg sandwhich and 2 waters it was over 20 bucks. Yikes!!! Oh well, my mom is worth it!! So we got to eat breakfast with our mom on Mothers Day which was pretty cool. That hasn't happened in a long... time! Then we headed to our gates and waited to board! 






Even Remy is a fan of Diet Coke, but really who isn't! ;-) haha




Remy was such a trooper the whole trip! He didn't get naps at regular intervals and didn't get to eat all the time and yet he stayed pretty happy the whole time. 


To end my trip I said goodbye to my mom and sister and headed on the plane. I was SO happy to see this sign on the plane!! I was going to be able to listen to things and watch things on my way home!! It was going to be a much better flight! haha 

Brandon sent me this picture of little Emmett! :-) It was a fun weekend but I was ready to get back to my sweet little family! 


Goodbye San Francisco!!! 

When I landed I texted my mom and she then texted me this back. She said that went to pay for their car staying in the parking lot and it kept Tiffany's card for 20 minutes before spitting it out. So they just sat there super ready to be done and get home and they couldn't for a good chunk of time. 

After getting home I gave my boys their souvenirs. I had bought candy for them to go in their cups and candy for Emmett as well. They were super excited!!! 

It was such a good weekend even with the tummy troubles. Lots of good memories and bonding with my mom and sisters! After a fun weekend and getting sick of city life after only being there for a little over 48 hours it was good to be back home with my little family and to spend the rest of Mother's day with my amazing husband and the 3 little ones that made me a Mom!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment