Friday, April 16, 2021

A little bit of sun and another trip to Colorado Springs!

After the cold month of February we were so excited for March to start and bring some warmer temps. Which is did and we were so glad to feel some warm sunshine. Even if it was just sporadic. March was also going to be our busiest month. We had 3 trips planned for that month. Our first trip was to Great Wolf Lodge and hanging with the cousins. So we will start there. 


Nothing like starting March with some yummy Chick Fil A! 
Kayden had not been eating all that great and I figured maybe he would eat some Chick Fil A before we got home and he took a nap. 



Then we enjoyed soaking up some Vitamin D!! 

Sadly, the day before we were leaving for Great Wolf Lodge I decided to ride bikes to Emmetts school. Kayden really wanted to come and since we were running late I decided to just take him with us without his shoes on. Brandon was home and could have kept him home but he wanted to come so badly. We have a little chair on my bike for him so I figured we would just go and let him come. As we were just starting to leave Emmetts preschool my bike started to stop. I had just started to peddle and was wondering why my bike was stopping. Kayden frequently plays with my gears and so I figured he was doing something. I completely stopped and looked down to see what was going on. Kayden's little foot holds had bent upwards and his little foot was on my tire stopping me from moving. The bottom of his foot had been rubbed raw. I felt so bad!!! He then started to cry and I had to turn him around and hold him while I road my bike back to the house. We bandaged it up and gave hims some Tylenol. He was so sad and it looked so owie!! I couldn't believe that had just happened the day before we were going to be in the water all day long. Not good timing at all!! 

Kayden would not step on his foot. He would just start crying anytime he went to step down on it. I felt so bad!!! I will never again let him come on the bike without sandals or something covering his feet. 
Look at that owie!!! Ugh.. I felt so bad!!! I showed him how to walk on his heel so that he could actually walk. When I showed him and he started to do it he was giggling like it was the best thing because he could actually walk without it hurting him. I was really worried how Great Wolf Lodge was going to go with Kayden having his foot hurt. 

Our first stop was IN N OUT of course!!!!!! haha 

We even bought our first ever IN N OUT Colorado shirts. 

Let the water fun begin!! 





I couldn't let Kayden be the only one with an owie on our trip. I hit the grate on the raising slide and cut my knee. 






















Kayden actually handled things really well the first day of swimming. He was having so much fun in the water. He was giggling and trying to run everywhere. The kids had so much fun going down the slides and playing in the wave pool. The best part was the lack of crowds. Definitely the best time to go to Great Wolf Lodge with the pandemic going on. Their capacity was at a minimum so there were barely any lines to the slides and the amount of people in there was very limited. Its as great!! 
After swimming for a few hours we decided to call it a night and let Kayden's owie on his foot air out. It was getting way too soggy and no bandaids would stay on it. 
We ended the night with some cotton candy dip n dots, popcorn and some cartoons! 





The kids love this part of staying at Great Wolf Lodge. We always let them stay up a little bit later and pop them their own bags of popcorn. Which they never finish by the way. haha Kayden had a rough night. He kept crying through the night. I finally brought him in bed with us and he finally fell asleep. It was a rough night and both Brandon and I were exhausted that morning. 
Ready for another day of swimming. 









The boys love the racing slides. Emmett especially loved that one this time. So would go between the race slide and the wave pool. He didn't really ever go on the other slides .



Wolf Tail! 
Brandon convinced the older boys to go on the wolf tail slide. Ethan did it last time we went to Great Wolf and Wyatt was now tall enough to do it. 

Dad went first. 
Then Ethan was going to go but decided that he couldn't do it this time. He got in the tube and then said no and got out. Wyatt was next. I didn't know if Wyatt was going to go through with it.
In the end he did! He said he loved it but didn't want to do it again. haha Silly kid! Later I thought Ethan was going to go on it because we were giving him a hard time about it. Just joking with him and he walked all the way up the stairs and then walked all the way back down. He just couldn't do it this time. I don't blame him, I don't like that one all that much either. I am not a fan of things that drop you! 


For hating the waves in the ocean so much Emmett sure loved this wave pool. He was here like 80% of the time we were in the water. haha 





Kayden loved the water spraying up from the ground. The second day of swimming he complained about his foot more than he did the first day. We tried using some liquid bandaid to keep it covered but I think that just made it worse. I put some on my knee and it stung pretty bad. Then when I got in the water it stung again. So it made sense as to why he didn't want to walk or be in the water. Plus he didn't sleep well so he was tired. 

Poor little foot! 


So most of the second day was spent with Kayden sitting on the chair drinking soda and blowing bubbles in the soda. haha 







I didn't fight it much because he wasn't liking the water because of his foot and I wanted him to be happy. So I just let it be. 







We took a break for some lunch and Wyatt kept asking if we could leave. He wanted to hang out with his cousins. He was asking to leave like an hour into playing in the water. So we had the kids eat some food and then had them play for a little bit longer. Kayden had had it by then and was not happy at all. He just wanted his binkie and his blanket. 
So we started to processor getting washed up. Kayden's skin was looking pretty dry and rashy too. I was glad I had planned to wash them up at the showers before leaving. So we washed up and lotioned up and got ready to leave. 

It was fun while it lasted but 2 days in the water is plenty of time. Especially when you have a sad little baby boy with an owie foot and not enough sleep! 

We made our way to Tyrel and Vandy's house to play with the cousins. While we were there the kids had a blast playing and we even went to the park one afternoon. It wasn't a very warm weekend so we didn't do too much outside. 









The kids always have fun with their cousins. Lots of games and running around and just being out of the house is fun. Us adults had some yummy gelato and even went out on a date. We had Ethan and Kemry be in charge of the younger kids and took Kayden with us to get some dinner at a restaurant. Kayden was a handful at the restaurant and it made me wish we had gotten a real babysitter so we could have left him at the house with the others. He is just into everything all the time. Non stop grabbing things and moving things and trying to get down. It was chaos!! So after dinner and grabbing gelato we headed back to the house to give the kids some ice cream as their reward for being good while we were gone. Then they were off to bed and we had one last evening to just relax together before we headed home. It was a fun weekend away!



No comments:

Post a Comment