Sunday, April 18, 2021

Spring Break Part 2: St George

We made it to St. George a little after 4. We got un packed and then Brandon took the boys to explore and my parents and I headed off to get groceries for our stay. 
Costco pizza for dinner our first night in St. George. The kids were so excited to be able to go swimming and go on walks and explore and ride their bikes all over. 




While me and Papa and Gigi were off getting groceries Brandon took the kids to explore around a little bit! 

We had so much fun going swimming, bike riding, parks, playing games, watching movies, playing some video games, yummy food, and swig. It was a great week! 
 
Kayden thought he was so strong carrying Daddy's backpack around. haha He is so cute!

Sunday morning we got all packed up and rode our bikes down to a park that was about 4 miles away. It was a fun bike ride. Sadly, Emmetts bike tire got a hole in it so he was not able to ride back to the condo like everyone else. 

After playing for a while at the park the crew headed back on their bikes and I stayed at the park with Emmett and Kayden. Emmett was super bummed that he couldn't ride his bike back to the house we were staying at. He thought Brandon was heading back to get stuff to fix his tire so he could ride his bike back to the house. I was sad that we were stuck at the park because a girl was talking to me that at first I thought she was just being friendly. Turned out to be trying to sell me on some pyramid scheme. It was such a bummer and so annoying. She kept talking to me and asking if I was happy with where we were financially and all this stuff and if I wanted to change things. I kept saying no and that we were good but she wouldn't let it go. So I was happy when she finally had to leave and then Brandon arrived with the car. 

After Kayden's nap we headed to the pool. It wasn't as warm as we were hoping it would be outside to go swimming but the pool was heated and felt really nice. 
















The kids had so much fun playing at the pool and didn't want to leave. 
Sadly, my back started to hurt a little bit after I did some egg beating and I was really hoping that I didn't just mess up my back since we were on vacation. 


We ended our evening with some movie time. Nothing like ending a good day with a movie and popcorn. 
By the time it was bed time my back was really hurting and it was hurting down my leg. I tried stretching and having Brandon massage my back before I went to bed that night. By morning my back and leg was hurting really bad. I couldn't put pressure on my leg and I was hurting so badly. Brandon headed off to get some bike tires and a back brace. I called a chiropractor in the area and was scheduled to go get an adjustment and hopefully that was going to help. Sadly, it didn't really help. It helped a tiny bit but I spent the rest of the vacation like a gimp. I was wearing my back brace the whole rest of the trip and icing it. I couldn't walk great and it was pretty painful a good chunk of the time. I was pretty bummed that I had hurt myself especially so early in our trip. 

Bike park!









The boys had so much fun at the bike park. They were wishing that we had something like this near our house. 


Kayden just loves sitting in the car. haha He likes to make driving noises and this time he was trying to buckle himself. 

Kayden was also very fascinated with the pots and pans and the oven. haha


I seemed like every time we were just hanging out at the house he was getting into the pots and the oven. haha 

Park Time!!! 




























This park was just down the street from the condo. It was like a ninja warrior park. The kids had so much fun playing at this park. Kayden loved the huge slide and trying to climb up the hill. Emmett thought the climbing nets were really fun. 





Time for some frozen Custard. 

Back to the pots! haha 




Just so funny how he loved doing this. Probably because he can't get into ours at home. That and there were not any other toys to play with. So might as well play with the pots and the oven. Good thing he couldn't turn it on. haha 

Some games with Gigi. 

More pool time. 
















It was a lot colder this time we went to the pool but the water felt super warm. So it kind of made up for it. The hot tub sure felt nice. I sat in the hot tub and watched the kids and Brandon play in the pool. My leg was hurting pretty bad so I thought that the hot tub would help. It didn't really help. My leg felt worse 30 minutes after being done with the hot tub. I had to then put some ice on it. The kids had a blast at the pool though which made it all worth going. Kayden was napping and my parents just stayed at the house while he slept so that they could get some work done. 

We also were able to get together with Brandon's cousin Dierdre and her little family. The kids actually played at a bike park with them while I went to the chiropractor and then we met up with them at their house on a different evening. 











The kids had so much fun with their kids and didn't want to leave. In fact Dierdre's kids kept asking when we were coming back. Our boys were bummed to leave and wanted to hang out with them again too. I was glad that they got along so well together. We told them they should come out and visit us in Colorado sometime. It was a fun evening. Then we headed out to get some food with my parents. 


Papa's crazy morning hair. haha 


I was so glad that we brought our Lightning McQueen car with us. With no other kid toys in the house this car was a life savor. Kayden rode on it a lot of the time we were there. Especially since most of the floor was a tiled floor. 

Our stay in St George got extended while we were there. With the big storm system that hit Colorado and Wyoming we had to keep watching the weather and the road conditions. The day before we were supposed to leave the roads both I-80 and I-70 were still closed. So we called and were able to get our stay at the condo extended one more day so we could drive home safely. So we were able to play all day Wednesday as well instead of being in the car that day. Which worked out really nicely because the weather on Wednesday was super nice. We we went to this Dinosaur park in the morning to play. 


































































































The kids had so much fun playing at this park. It was pretty packed when we were there. Everyone thought going to that park on that day was a good idea. With how nice the weather was I don't blame them. It was a great morning and the kids had a blast. Kayden had so much fun running around and going on a bunch of slides and some swings. The only issue was that he has not had much time at parks in his life time and he kept deciding it was a good idea to suck on his hands after touching everything. I had a bad feeling he would get sick because of all the germs he was now ingesting as he sucked on his fingers. So GROSS!! 

Then we made our last stop to Swig!! 

After Kayden's nap we went back to the ninja warrior park for one last hurrah! 












Kayden decided that not only was it a good idea to suck on his hands at the one park but then he decided that it was a good idea to eat some sand as well. He put some in his mouth and I told him not to. Then he found a chunk of sand and proceeded to take a big bite out it. So NASTY!!!! He didn't seem to mind the crunchiness of the sand! 









The boys were pretty bummed when it was time to leave the park. We had to go get dinner before Wingers got too busy. Plus the kids had been playing at parks for most of the day. 





We went to Wingers for dinner and finished off our yummy dinner with some asfault pie. It was a delicious end to our vacation! 
That night we spent getting the car packed up and then we tried to get to bed at a good time so that we could be awake and alert for our early morning drive home the next morning. 
4 am comes quick!! 









We watched the sunrise as we drove toward Colorado again. Its as a pretty morning drive. The only issue was that we almost ran out of gas. There is a pretty long stint where there are no gas stations along I-70. We were cutting it pretty close! Thankfully, we didn't run out of gas and we didn't have any other close calls after that. 







Kayden was not loving the drive home. He wasn't too happy with watching movies this time and kept calling for me. Since my back and leg were still hurting pretty badly I didn't want to turn around much. So we had Ethan sit next to Kayden this time. It was really helpful having Ethan sit next to Kayden on the drive home. He was able to help make him happy and give him snack snack toys so that I didn't have to turn around. Eventually Kayden only wanted me. So I turned my camera on my phone and flipped it around so I could see him and he could see me. Then I would talk to him like that and make faces at him to make him happy. Once I did that he wanted me to keep doing it. haha Silly little boy! 












Lunch break and letting the kids stretch their legs. 

Kayden did not want to get back in the car after we got out for lunch. He was really over being in the car. Thankfully, we didn't have too much left to drive and he would be taking a nap for a good chunk of the last stretch home. 

Sticky hands from his sucker. haha I gave him a straw to play with and it stuck to his hands. He didn't really like that. He does not like stickers or when tape is put on his hands or anything sticky like that. So he was not a huge fan of these straws being stuck to his hands. haha Luckily, he fell asleep shortly after this and then he only had to deal with being awake for a tiny bit before we made it home. It was a fun trip even though I had hurt myself the first official day we were there and was not able to fully enjoy our family trip. It was still fun though and the kids had a blast! So It was all worth the trip! We were glad that we had decided to go, especially, since we got a ton of snow at home while we were gone. 



No comments:

Post a Comment