Friday, December 16, 2022

Halloween Fun

This year for our Halloween costumes we decided to be characters from Nacho Libre. We had to do a few handmade things for the costumes and bought a couple of other items for the costumes. One of the things we had to make was the massive underwear that Nacho and his friend wear. 

So me and the boys went to Papa and Gigi's house to have Gigi help make the underwear.

Looking good!!

Then I bought some red duct tape and taped up the boys snow boots. They looked pretty good from far away. Up close was a little hokey. haha 

We also had orthodontists appointments for 3 of our 4 boys. Wyatt is ready to get braces and Ethan and Emmett still need some teeth to either come out or grow in before starting their next steps. 

On the way out we noticed these decorated pumpkins. There were some really cool ones. This one I took a picture of I didn't even realize that it was done by Brandon's office. haha They did a great job! 

Then it was time for our ward Halloween party.

I think our costumes turned out great!! haha The kids looked so cute and Brandon's nasty tach and hair turned out great too. haha

My Mom looked so great as a witch. haha 

We were officially ready to head to the party. haha 
Sadly, the party was just another trunk or treat. No chili cook off again this year. We were not super excited to spend the whole evening out in the cold weather. Thankfully the kids never seem to care all that much. 

It was a successful evening. The boys got way too much candy and ate donuts and hot chocolate. People seemed to look at me funny. Almost like they didn't realize who I was. haha My mom was scaring everyone. No one recognized my Mom. haha Bishop Barker even asked who the witch was. haha 

Then on Halloween Wyatt and Emmett dressed up for school. Emmett didn't want to dress up. He gets pretty shy about things like that. I finally convinced him that everyone was going to dress up and he would be the only one not dressed up for the parade. So he decided to wear one of our Black Panther costumes. 
We decided to color on a stach for Wyatt so he didn't have to wear his mask. He looked hilarious in his costume. He is such a showman!! haha 

Kayden kept talking about wanting to be a pumpkin for Halloween. He wanted to say, "Ho Ho HO, Happy Halloween" In a scary voice! haha
So we ordered a pumpkin costume on Amazon and he was pretty excited to be a pumpkin. 

Then Kayden and I were off to go watch the boys in their parade. I warmed up my Hot Chocolate Protein drink and we stood outside waiting for the kids to parade around the school. It was pretty chilly outside and Kayden wanted some of my protein drink. I ended up letting him hold it to keep his hands warm. He was pretty happy about that. 


Wyatt wore his mask for the parade and then wore the hair while he was in class. haha 



I was glad Emmett decided to wear a costume. He would have been a little embarrassed if he ha been the only one not to dress up. 

It is cute seeing all the kids dressed in their costumes. There were some funny costumes. Plus Wyatt always Hams it up. Emmett doesn't get very into it but you can tell he is happy to see me and Kayden there. 
After the parade I took Kayden in to go say hi to the boys while they had their Halloween parties. 


Emmett was surprised to see me and seemed pretty happy to see us for a minute. 



Kayden tried getting in on the party fun for a minute. 

Such cute brothers. I do love how much the boys enjoy seeing their brothers in their classes. 



Wyatt was so sweet and let Kayden have his donut. 




Kayden loved seeing his brothers in their classes and its always fun to pop in and say hi to them. I didn't get to do it last year with how much pain I was in so it was fun to do it this year. 

The rest of the day was spent getting ready to go Trick or Treating. 
I painted Kaydens face so he could have a pumpkin face. 

Then I decided to dress up as Cotton Candy. haha I went and got pink and blue hair color an did some face paint. 

Scary jack O lantern face!! haha
So Brandon had gone Bananas and I was Cotton Candy. haha It was quite funny!

Kayden and Papa were both Pumpkins. Kayden LOVED that he and Papa were the same thing for halloween. He wanted to hold Papa's hand the whole time and walked with him. It was super cute. 
Hmm.... which candy..... 

Ooo... these look tasty! 


So stinking cute!!! My Dad would ask him if he wanted to go catch up with his brothers but he just wanted to hangout with my Dad. He was loving holding hands and walking with him. It was seriously the cutest. 
We ate dinner at my parents house and decided to trick or treat around their neighborhood for a little bit. My Mom ended up heading back to the house to hand out some candy and was going to catch up with us. She ended up not showing up. I guess she didn't know where we went so she just stayed back at the house. Silly Gigi. So we finished up at their house and then left to go to our house. 


Kayden had fun trick or treating. He even met a friend. A little girl that came outside to start trick or treating took to Kayden instantly and Kayden wanted to hold her hand and said she was his friend. It was so cute. 
Ethan, Wyatt and Emmett were trying to get candy as fast as they could. They were running from house to house. Then we got back to our house and dumped out candy so they could take off and go get more candy around our neighborhood. They jumped on their rollerblades and took off just the 3 of them. I told them they had until a specific time to come back home. They had to stick together and make sure they checked for cars before heading across the streets. They had a watch and the 3 of them took off to get as much candy as they could in the next 20 minutes. They came back right on time and then we watched the new hocus pocus movie and then they were off to bed! 

I think we have WAY TOO MUCH candy!! haha 
They made a haul!! 
It was a fun Halloween and the weather was great. It got cold as the sun went down but it was much warmer than last year. Kayden was super in to Trick or Treating at first. Then his bucket got too full and by the time we got back to our neighborhood he was totally done. He didn't even want to go around any houses in our neighborhood. It was weird letting the 3 older boys take off on their own. I am just glad they do listen and do what we say. So I was not very worried that they wouldn't stick together. So it turned out to be a fun Halloween!! Now bring on CHRISTMAS!!!! haha 


 



No comments:

Post a Comment