Thursday, November 26, 2015

5 months old

 Well on the 15th of this month Emmett hit 5 months old. I can't believe he has been in our family for almost half a year. He has gotten so much more personality and is always so happy. He still loves to squeal and jabber. He loves to pull my hair when he is drinking a bottle and most of the time manages to grab a few hairs at a time and pull them out. Which reminds me of why I chop my hair whenever I have a little one. Emmett has been laughing more and more these days. He lets out some good laughs sometimes and it is so much easier to get him to giggle now. He thinks it is fun when he partially throw him in the air. He is super ticklish, especially when he is naked. haha He LOVES bath time and he loves his toes. He is always trying to grab his toes whether he is laying down or when I am sitting him up. We gave him rice cereal for the first time before Halloween and have given him rice cereal with prunes probably 5 more times. He is doing really well with it and it seems to help him have normal poops. He seems to really like it and get pretty excited when I put him in his high chair and he sees me bring his food over. Emmett has rolled over from his tummy to his back about 4 more times but still forgets how he does it and will get upset when he is done with tummy time and can't seem to roll back over. haha Just this past week he has started to try to roll from back to tummy. He has not done it yet but he sure has been trying hard. Emmett is a funny little guy and has started to do this head shake thing where as soon as you lay him down on the floor or couch he starts to shake his head from side to side. It is so funny. He will also copy you if you do it to him, it is so cute!! Another thing that Emmett has done that is funny is while he was having tummy time on one of his blankets with little animals on it he kept trying to grab the little animals. He was getting so frustrated because he couldn't pick them up off the blanket and was determined to get them. haha I told him that they were not toys and that it was just a picture on the blanket, but, he didn't quite understand! haha He has gotten so big and it is so much fun and yet sad that he is growing up so fast. One nice thing lately is that he is getting onto more of a schedule. Still pretty sporadic during the day, but at night he is getting onto more of a schedule. Lately, he has started to drink his last bottle between 7 and 8 and then go to bed and wakes up around 1 and then doesn't get up again until 7:30. It has been so nice when he does have those nights. Some nights he wakes up a couple times in the early morning around 5 and 6 and we give him his binkie and he goes back to sleep. He has made it quite a few times all the way till 7:30 and it is so nice! I can't wait till he sleeps through the night. For now though I will enjoy the quiet and peaceful night feedings that I have with him. Those are he best times to feed him his bottle because he does not squirm or pull out my hair or anything. He just drinks his bottle and then lets me cuddle with I'm while I burp him. During the day he is a squirmy little bug and sometimes won't drink his bottle unless I put I'm on the couch and just hold the bottle for him so he can kick his legs and look where ever he wants to. I think that is about it for Emmett's 5 month update, enjoy the pictures! 


















Emmett is such a cutie pie and we feel so lucky to have him in our family. He truly brings so much joy and laughter and I can't imagine our family without him!! I could just eat him up with how cute he is! We sure do love this little man in our life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment