Sunday, September 5, 2021

Finishing up Summer Break

 The last little bit of summer vacation was spent enjoying the sun, swimming, open house days for school and a little bit of cousin fun again. 


While Brandon was at a golf tournament I braved the bikes with the boys and rode to Chick Fil A with them to have a little bit of fun wile Daddy was out having his own fun. 




I sure love these cuties!! Such good brothers! 
On our way back from dinner we stopped at the splash pad in the neighborhood that we ride through. The kids were so excited that I told them they could play for a little bit. 























The fun didn't last very long because the boys started complaining that they needed to go poop. Of all things.... So we packed up and rode the rest of the way home with them complaining about it. haha 

More Pool Time!








Coya and John stopped at our place on their way home from their long month away from home. So we got to play with them for a night before they made their trek all the way back to Arkansas. 

Before we knew it school was back in session. Ethan had to go back first. His was a 6th grade transition day. So it was not an official day of school but he was able to go and meet his teachers, walk his route to his classes and get to meet some other 6th graders while having fun doing different activities. 


When he got home that afternoon he told me that it was a really fun day. He was getting pretty excited to be in middle school! 

Then I had the open house for Emmett and Wyatt. 
We had time slots so I went with Emmett since he is in Kindergarten this year and Wyatt went in by himself to his class and then came and met us in Emmetts. 

Emmett was super shy at first. He was excited to meet his teacher and see his classroom but also super nervous. At first he wouldn't come in the classroom. Mrs. Eddy his teacher ended up coming over to talk to him and told him that she was nervous too! He finally warmed up to it and then was talking with her and was a little more excited. 
I still can't believe he is in Kindergarten! 

Wyatt was really excited to have Mrs. Wedemeyer. Last year Wyatt would say hi to her all of the time because she was Ethan's teacher. So he was excited to have her as his teacher this year. 

Emmett was excited to start kindergarten, but, also super nervous! 

That evening to celebrate the kids going back to school and the end of the summer we took them to a Hibachi Grill. 



The boys were super excited to have the cooks grill in front of us. 



Wyatt is such a crowd pleaser. So when the guy started shooting the water from the bottle in to his mouth Wyatt played right along and followed him and he moved it higher and higher. It gave us all a good laugh! 

Then the town of Timnath put on an end of summer ice cream social. They had a rock wall, bouncy houses, live band, ice cream, food truck, crafts, bubbles and other fun things for the kids to do. We were on our way to go swimming when we saw the set up and the kids wanted to go there instead. So we braved the crowds and let them play for a while.



















It was a fun evening in the nice weather! The kids had a lot of fun and of course had melt downs when it was time to leave. 

Another fun thing did to end the summer vacation was getting donuts after cleaning the church. 


We picked up donuts met my parents at a park and ate those donuts. Then we headed home and packed up our bikes and went on a bike ride with my parents. 
At one point Kayden looked like he was going to fall asleep on the bike ride. haha He didn't, but he was close! He got so tired! It was a fun afternoon for sure. 

The night before the first day of school had arrived. So the boys got their Father's blessings, picked out their clothes and Emmett got to put some sleeping confetti under his pillow to help him sleep before his first big day in school! He was super excited! 
What is the funniest thing about this was that the next morning Emmett excitedly told me that the confetti worked and that he slept great! haha 

The morning of their first official day of school I decided to make them some french toast sticks. The problem was I didn't get up early enough to give Ethan much time to eat it. So he was shoveling them in his mouth as fast as he could before heading off to the bus. haha I can't believe I have a middle schooler!! 


Off Ethan went!! He informed the after his 6th grade transition day that he didn't need me to walk to the bus with him in the mornings. I asked him if he was sure he didn't want me there so I could give him hugs and kisses and tell him I loved him before he got on the bus and he got all embarrassed. And so it begins!! haha

After sending Ethan on his way I was left with 2 boys getting ready for their first day of school! 




First day of 3rd Grade 

1st Day of Kindergarten 

I love how much my boys love each other. I made sure to tell Wyatt to show Emmett the ropes. This was Emmett's first year in real school and he was going to need help for his first day. Wyatt was more than willing to help him out. 

Then it was bus time! 





I got my last pictures of them heading on the bus. I especially wanted a picture of Emmett getting on the bus since it was his first time! He was pretty nervous. He told me that morning that he was excited but really nervous because he is so shy and didn't remember how to make friends. It made my mommy heart sad to think of how nervous he really was and that he was afraid he wouldn't be able to make any friends. Even though Emmett can be difficult, he truly is a sweetheart. That and he is one of my babies. Once the bus left I did shed a few tears! It was so weird to realize that he was leaving for school and going to be gone until 3:40 everyday. All of my boys are growing up too fast! 
Anyways, after watching them drive away on the bus I got Kayden in his carseat so we could head to the school to see the kids officially off to their first day school! 

Emmett was really excited to see that I had showed up at the school! 
Look at that handsome little guy!!! 

I am so glad I am able to make it to the school to see them head off to their first day of classes. 
Have a great day Emmett!! 

Wyatt didn't think I was going to make it. So he was really excited to see me when I finally found him. 





He was so pumped and excited to start school!! 
See you after Wyatt!!! 
I sure do love my boys!! 

Once the kids were all in school Kayden and I got ready for the day and ran some errands with Gigi. 
We stopped at Pot Belly for lunch and I asked the lady if she could give me the extra bread that she pulled out of the middle of my sandwich. She complied even though she was confused. I then gave that bread to Kayden who was super excited to have some bread. haha 

That same day, Kayden needed to go poop and told me he wanted to go in the froggy potty. So I let him. 

He was there for a while but then finally did it. It was a big day of firsts for this family. First day of 6th grade, 3rd grade, kindergarten and going poop in the toilet for Kayden!! What a big day it turned out to be for our family! 


When the boys got home they all said they had a really good first day. It is always fun to see them get home happy and excited for their school year. 

The next couple of days Emmett had off. Kindergarten does a staggered start. So he went to school the first day Wyatt did but then was home for the next 2 days. So we got out for some exercise together in the morning.


It was fun having Emmett home the next 2 days but I knew he wouldn't want to go back to school once he was home with just me and Kayden again. Thankfully, I was able to convince him that he would have fun at school and not to worry about it. His biggest problem he told me was that he missed me too much when he was at school and just wanted to be home with me. Such a sweet boy!! 

The toddler stage of lining everything up! haha Im cool with it though because it keeps him busy and where I can see him! haha 

No comments:

Post a Comment