Monday, December 3, 2012

D-Day

Well on September 26 we had to be at the hospital at 5:00 in the morning so that we could get everything ready and be set for the c-section by 8:00. So Brandon and I got up at about 4:30 or something like that to get ready to go to the hospital. My parents had driven in late the night before so that they could be here to watch Ethan and to be there for the arrival of our new little boy. My parents got up to see us off before we took off for the hospital and my mom was planning on being at the hospital around 7:30 that morning to be able to take pictures of our little baby as soon as they brought him out, which I was glad about because we have pictures of Ethan right after he was born and I wanted some of our second little boy too even though it was going to be a little different. So anyways, Brandon and I got to the Hospital before 5:00 and went through the whole registering process even though I had already pre-registered online. At that point I was starting to get a little bit nervous. I was not too nervous about the c-section, I was more nervous about getting my spinal! haha I do think that my nerves were a lot more calm because I had had Brandon give me a blessing before hand and I think that helped out a lot. So after getting my wrist bands on we headed to the labor and delivery area where I got dressed in the lovely gown and got asked a bunch of questions. Then they gave me my I.V which I did not really care about, I normally do really well with I.V's I don't mind them all that much. However, this time I had a little trouble. As the nurse was about to give me my I.V I looked at the needle and started thinking about my spinal and about the fact that I was going to be getting sliced open and I got nervous. So as she was getting my I.V all set I started to feel really sick. I was getting very hot and felt like I was going to throw up and pass out. So the nurse took my blood pressure again and things started beeping because my blood pressure was really low. So she made me lay on my left side and started running my fluids and gave me some Zofran in my I.V to help with the nausea which I was going to ask for anyways because I had been so nauseous with my epidural with Ethan. I guess my vital nerves went crazy which caused my blood pressure to drop like crazy. Luckily that part ended quickly and I started to feel a lot better. Then my mom arrived and took some pictures of the before having the baby in the hospital. You have to have some pictures of being in the hospital gown ready to have a baby. Then we just waited for it to be time. Then close to 8 o'clock another nurse that was going to be in during the c-section came in and he put little pulsing things on my legs to keep the circulation in my legs and made sure we were all ready to go. Then I was asked if I had any concerns which I ended up saying that I am normally a gassy person and I was nervous about all the gas I might have afterwards and if I would be able to take any gas medicine to help if it was hurting me. The nurse laughed about the fact that that is what I was nervous about and not the whole part of getting cut open! haha Ya I am pretty weird what can I say! :-) So with that they told us how things would all go down. I would be taken in and they would give me my spinal and get all prepped and ready. Then once they were ready to do the c-section they would go get Brandon who got to get all dressed up in his own cool gown. They said that it took about 10 minutes to get the baby out and then the rest of the time was spent getting sewn up. Once time came and my doctor was there and ready to go they took me back into the E.R which was REALLY COLD!! It was freezing in that room!! I was then given my spinal which I was reminded of why I wanted to try and go natural instead of getting an epidural but since baby was breach that was not happening! haha At least the anaesthesiologist was way better than the one that I had with Ethan. It was still not a pleasant experience but it was better than before. She gave me my shot and I felt my whole left leg go tingly and then stop. It was really weird. Then she did one last shot and pushed it in and that always hurts and then it was done. I started to kind of feel a little gross and got nervous again because it was actually happening. There was no turning back now and I was finally feeling the nerves kick in. They then got all of the curtains put up and all prepped to slice me open and grab out that stubborn baby boy. So as I layed there waiting for my body to go numb and hoping that it would happen fast and that I would not have any problems with going numb I started feeling all warm and I got very tired. By the time they did a little cut to make sure I was numb I was totally numb and VERY warm and VERY tired. They then called in Brandon and when he got in I was very glad to see him and to have him there with me finally. He held my hand the whole time and we both could not believe that we were going to meet our second little boy. The anaesthesiologist kept rubbing my head and telling me how great I was doing and that they were almost done. One thing I was not expecting was the crazy sharp pain that I got in my shoulder during the c-section. It hurt so bad and the anesthesiologist gave me some pain meds in my I.V to help it go away. Then she told Brandon to stand up and get the camera ready so that he could take a picture right after they took him out. He stood up ready to take a picture and my Doctor pulled little Wyatt out. My doctor said that he was the easiest breach baby. She just grabbed his teeny tiny bum and pulled him right out. He was a screamer form the get go. Pretty funny compared to our little whimper Ethan. Anyways, then they took him over and cleaned him off really quick and while they did so I could hear Brandon say that he looked just like Ethan just with dark hair. Then they brought him over so that I could see him. He was so cute!! I couldn't believe that I had just had another baby and there he was. They put him on my chest for a few minutes however my shoulder was hurting so bad that I had a hard time enjoying seeing my little baby and then they took him with Brandon to the other room to do all of the measuring and stuff like that. I felt so disconnected from him when he was born.  It was such a different experience having a c-section then actually giving birth. So while I was laying there getting sewn up I felt a little sad because I felt so disconnected from my new little boy. I was also SO unbelievably tired that I could not keep my eyes open. I think I was asleep for half of the time they were sewing me up! haha Once they were done they wheeled me into the room we started in and I was finally able to really hold my new baby for the first time! I tried nursing him and having some skin on skin time and just enjoyed holding our new little boy. He was so small and so precious I couldn't get enough. I still felt super tired though and could barely keep my eyes open half of the time but he was finally here and I was in love all over again! I still can't believe how much hair he had compared to our basically bald Ethan when he was born. Also I was so glad to find out that the nurse let my mom look through the window and take pictures of Wyatt right after he was born, those are such precious moments that you can't get back. We had some good nurses this time around!  

Enjoy the pictures! 

Off to the Hospital we go!


Waiting to get registered

And here we go!!







No turning back now!


































                            

                             





Wyatt J Murri
7 lbs 9 ounces
18 inches long
Another Sweet little Miracle in our lives!






1 comment:

  1. I love all these fun pictures!! Brandon's overly large scrubs make me laugh ha ha. Your little Wyatt is so precious and so sweet. So happy for you guys! Love you!

    ReplyDelete