Thursday, December 6, 2012

Halloween festivities

So this year for Halloween we dressed Ethan up as a bum. He had a sign that said "will werk for candy" it was cute and he looked awesome!! We were going to dress Wyatt up but we can out of time so we just put him in a onsie that said "first Halloween" and called it good. For our ward Halloween party we had a trunk or treat and Ethan had a lot of fun going around to each car and saying trick or treat and getting candy. I dressed up for our Halloween party as a frazzled new mom (I teased my hair a tun and made it look like I had dark circles under my eyes and Brandon went in his scrubs again. Haha Pretty exciting if you ask me! haha We just did not have much time to get out and really put an effort into our costumes this year. With having a new baby around I was pretty busy with the two kids and never really got out of the house to go try and get costumes figured out. At least we dressed Ethan up I guess that is all that matters! haha Maybe we will do better next year! Anyways enjoy!!



 Ethan looked so awesome in his bum costume! Brandon rubbed chocolate onto a white shirt of Ethan's and I drew a beard on him with my make up. It was great!! I love pretty much free costumes! haha

 Here is little Wyatt and his cute Onsie!



 We also decided we should carve pumpkins this year. So I was in charge of the camera work and Ethan and Daddy worked on the pumpkins. Ethan did not like the guts. He did not freak out about it but he did not care to touch it after he did it once! haha My silly boy! 

 Then on Halloween I decided while Wyatt was down to do something fun with Ethan. So we made  (or I should say I made) spider rice krispie treats. I tried to get Ethan to help me make the spiders but he started with one and decided that he did not like it because it was sticky. So I rolled all of the balls to make the spiders and then I had him help me a little bit with putting on the chocolate chip eyes. Too bad the marshmallows were a little too stale so they rice krispies were rock hard and not edible! Oh well I thought it was a good idea anyways. Even if Ethan did not like helping me and just wanted to eat the chocolate chips! haha


Ethan all ready to go trick or treating around our neighborhood. 


There we are out trick or treating for the first time around our neighborhood. We did not go out last year because we went to Brandon's schools trick or treating activity. However, we did not go to that one this year so we just went around our neighborhood for a little bit on Halloween night. Ethan loved getting all of the candy and did really well with saying "Trick or Treat" and "thank you". After going around for a bit we got home and gave the kids baths and put them to bed and Brandon and I finished up the night by watching hocus pocus on T.V and making Carmel apples (which I ruined our snickers by breaking our chopper and getting plastic chunks in our crushed up snickers, so we didnt eat our carmel apples that night. Oh well..). All in all it turned out to be a good Halloween.  

No comments:

Post a Comment