Sunday, October 25, 2015

Conference Weekend

We love conference weekend. It is always a great spiritual and relaxing weekend. This year we had a soccer game before conference started on Saturday morning and then we hit chick fil a for dinner because it was customer appreciation day where whatever you buy that day you keep your receipt and bring it in again and get that whole receipt for free the next time. Pretty awesome! The next day for Sunday we had omlets and cinnamon rolls for breakfast and enjoyed the rest of the conference weekend. I love conference, it is always such a good spiritual weekend. It always makes me reflect on my life and what I need to improve on. This session I feel talked a lot about the important roll of parents in this generation. I always feel like I need to improve on my mothering and I think that this session just made me think of even more things that I need to improve on. haha So I am going to be trying to be more slow to anger with my boys. I also need to rely on the Lord for help more often when it comes to raising these boys. Being a parent is a big responsibility and as my boys get older and start being away from home a little more I start realizing how important it is for me and Brandon to teach our boys the gospel and make sure that they are leaving our home each day with the knowledge of how they need to live and how Heavenly Father would want them to act. This world is getting darker and more evil all the time and it scares me sometimes thinking about what our boys are going to face in this world they are growing up in. I know I am not as prepared as I need to be, but, it will be a great day when the Lord does come again and we don't have to worry about all the evil around us anymore! 

My family minus one since Emmett was sleeping.






Playing on my guitar between sessions. 

Grandma and Grandpa Murri sent the boys a conference package! They loved doing it! 

That night after conference we watched some mormon messages to end the day. 

While watching some little clips we heard a frog in the window well. So Ethan grabbed a flashlight and we tried to find it. haha 

During this conference session President Monson gave a talk and towards the end of his talk he was having a really hard time. He started slouching over and having a hard time saying what he was saying. Although he was struggling he was determined to share the message that he was giving. Just makes you realize that it must be important since he was so determined. He could have easily just ended and sat down (he looked like he was going to pass out) but he kept going. Pretty powerful if you ask me.

I sure do love my family. I am so thankful for the knowledge that we have from the Gospel. I know that my family can be together forever if we live the gospel and keep the Lord commandments. I am so thankful for that knowledge. I love my family too much and can't imagine this life or eternity without them in it. I know that President Monson is a true prophet of God and that he and the apostles  and general authorities are inspired by God to instruct us as to how we need to live our lives and how to be better.  I am thankful for a loving Heavenly Father who sent his only Begotten son to come to this earth, atone for our sins and die for us. Without Him we would all be lost and I would not have a chance to be with my family for eternity. I am forever in his debt, and I just hope that I can live up to the standard that I need to in order to be worthy to enter his presence again and be with Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ and my family. It would not be heaven without them in it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment