Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Fun from April 2-12th

Well spring has sprung and we are trying to take advantage of any days that are warm. We have had a few nice warm days and then a few colder days. This spring has also been super windy! I am hoping that the windy weather stops so we can really enjoy the nice spring weather. 

Wyatt brought this home from school. He is getting really good at writing his name. I think he is going to be super ready for kindergarten next year! 






So I took the boys out to lunch one afternoon. We figured it would be fun to go to firehouse and it was just warm enough to eat outside. I was hoping that Brandon could have joined us but he had a lunch meeting or something. So we decided to go anyways since we were out and about around lunch time. 

Scooter club has also started at Ethan's school. It is on Monday's after school and Ethan was super excited about doing it. What is funny is that he was excited to do it but decided to run instead of scooter. haha 

Wyatt kept up with all the other kindergarteners and Emmett made it out a little ways past the gate and then decided he didn't want to do it anymore. So I convinced him to head back and just play on the playground. Wyatt was a little bummed that he couldn't get the little charm for participating but he is also not going to Bethke yet. So I told him that next year he will get to earn charms because he will be in kindergarten. Ethan ran 5 laps and earned a charm. The next time we did scooter club he wanted to ride his scooter. So it is a good thing I bring his scooter each time just in case. 

So for FHE one Monday night we decided to just have a fun night and we took the kids for ice cream. They wanted root beer floats. The last time we went to A&W they were out of root beer. So we decided to give it another try. This time they had root beer and Brandon decided to get the boys their own floats and then Brandon, Emmett and I shared a float. They were huge!! 











The kids loved them! We had fun making goofy faces while we were eating our floats and had fun laughing together. 

Emmett's root beer float stach! haha 




So Ethan drew this bunny during conference weekend and gave it to me. He did a great job!! He is quite the little artist these days! 

Now that April has began the CSU Rams day also happened again. We were super excited to get our free McDonalds Happy meals for a year again. It has come in handy. So we headed to the stadium and played around for a little while. Ethan kept running off on his own and Wyatt decided to run off at one point too. By the time he found us again he looked like he had been a little worried that he was lost. So I gave him a hug and told him that he was the one that ran off. We had been in the same spot the whole time he was gone. It always makes my heart hurt a little when I see my boys so worried like that. If they would just pay attention and stay with me and or their Dad they wouldn't ever have to worry that they are lost. 





















The boys sure did have fun running around though. The Ortiz's also came and so our boys had fun playing with Jacob and Connor. 




Then it was time to head out. By 6:30 we left and headed over to McDonalds to get our first whole punch in our year of McDonalds happy meals. haha 

We sure do love warmer weather. The weather was getting nice enough that we have been trying to get to different parks when it is nice and warm. We have gone to the Mammoth park a few times and the Twin Silos Park. 



















We had a lot of fun at the Twin Silos Park. It is a fun park with lots to do. So it is nice to get to that park when it is nice and warm and when it is not the weekend. It is too crowded on the weekends. So I try to take advantage of that park during the week. 


We also took our car to the shop on April 6th. We had a lot that needed to be fixed. We had traded our other car in for this car that was a year newer and about 45 thousand miles on it. We figured that would hopefully help us avoid having to fix the air and anything else. Thankfully we got insurance on the car because the transmission started having problems, the brakes needed help, the A/C went out and our DVD player stopped working. So we finally took it in and after about an hour of hanging out the dealership gave us a loaner to take home until the car was fixed. While we were waiting I made the kids some hot cocoa. They were super excited to drink some hot chocolate! Little did we know that we would end up having the loaner car for over 2 weeks!! 

Texas Roadhouse Time!
Since we have like 3 gift cards to Texas Roadhouse we have been taking advantage of 1 dollar kids meal Monday's. 







We let the kids get their faces painted this time we went. Ethan and Wyatt were super excited to get their faces painted. Emmett didn't want to get his painted. Ethan and Wyatt came back with pretty cool paintings on their faces. Wyatt's unicorn was pretty cool. We thought it was kind of funny that he got a unicorn but, it was pretty cool. Ethan's spider was also super cool. 

So Wyatt brought some peanuts home with him and when I told him to save them for later he decided to put his peanuts in the fridge. haha I guess he thought that if he wanted them to stay good for the next day he had to put them in the fridge! haha 

Wyatt woke up the next morning with half of a unicorn on his hand. haha He must have slept on his hand for quite a while for it to smudge on his hand that perfectly. haha 

So the lucky charms were gone except for the powder left in the container. Emmett was not taking no for an answer so he decided to pour it into his mouth from the container. He got powder all over his mouth and even a little in his nose. haha When I sent this picture to Brandon he said that Emmett looked like a ravenous wolverine because of his hair. haha Which by the way Emmett did his hair all by himself. haha 



Another afternoon at the park. Sometimes when the weather is nice enough in the morning we try to squeeze in going to the park before taking Wyatt to preschool. This time we headed to the Mammoth park and had some fun before heading home. 

After getting a basketball hoop for on our house I have been worried that we would break our garage. While I was making dinner one day after Ethan was home from school Ethan was playing basketball and all of a sudden I hear a loud crash sound. I ran out the door as Ethan was running into the garage and he informed me that the glass broke. He had smacked the garage door perfectly on the glass probably one too many times and it finally broke. Ethan always tries to shoot the ball from as far away as possible. So it doesn't surprise me. It was upset but I was also glad that he came and told me right away. So I didn't get very mad at him. I was a little upset but I told him that it was the right thing to do to come and tell me right away. So I kept my cool and told him that everyone had to go inside while I cleaned up all the glass. It took me quite a while to clean all the glass up because I had to vacuum up almost the entire garage to make sure there were not tiny glass pieces left on the ground. 

Museum Time: 
When the weather isn't that great it is nice to take off and go to the Fort Collins Museum. I really like being able to get out of the house and do things. It gets kind of boring being at home all day. So we went to the museum to have some fun. 

While Emmett was playing with the trains Emmett came up to me with this little tree and said, "Look mom, Broccoli!" haha I thought it was so funny that he thought of broccoli. 






Both Emmett and Wyatt made some good noise out of these little horns. I can't even really make noise in them. Emmett picked it up and I put the mouth piece on it and away he blew and did a good job. Wyatt blows super hard and his face is so funny because it gets all red when he is blowing on it. But, he does get some good noise coming out of it. So they enjoy it. It only lasts for a minute or 2 and then Emmett is off to the next thing. I always kind of feel bad because I have to chase Emmett around the whole time and don't really get to spend time with Wyatt. I end up having to get Wyatt to follow me because I am following Emmett. Maybe one of these days I will take just Wyatt and I can have some good quality time with him. We shall see. It was fun though and the boys enjoy going. 


No comments:

Post a Comment