Monday, August 29, 2022

A little alone time

 Coya and John left the day after Ethan's birthday. So we were now on our own again for the next 2 weeks before the reunion. So we filled our time with some pool time and lots of out doors fun. 

7 Eleven day!! Yay for free slurpees! 

Since the kids got their free slurpees I grabbed a drink at Wendy's. Outings with the kids can be pretty fun. Even if they throw fits and fight every once in a while. A tasty drink from Wendy's always makes it better! haha 

I also signed the boys and I up for some temple grounds help. So Gigi came over and we all made our way to the temple to go help on the temple grounds. 
Kayden didn't last very long before he decided he was done and went and laid down on the grass. haha 





The boys worked so hard on all the weeding and cleaning up all the dead flowers. We worked for longer than I thought we would and then left to go get some slushees at sonic. It was a really hot morning. The kids were getting so hot and in order to get some stuff done I let Kayden watch some cartoons in the shade of a cart. We were able to get quite a bit done and then took off before the kids got over heated. 

Brandon and I also celebrated our 14th anniversary! 
I can't believe it has been 14 years. That means next year will be 15!! What???? So crazy! We celebrated by going to a fancy dinner at "Rare" its a fancy Italian/Steak restaurant. It was pretty tasty. 



This was their passionfruit sorbet. It was good but it was so tiny for what it cost. haha 


After our yummy dinner we were off to Costco!! Its like Disneyland for Adults!! haha Not really.. but we had been wanting to go stock up on our food storage supply for a while and now that we didn't have family in town it was time to do so. Plus it was nice to be able to do it all on our own. 


Since it was our anniversary it was time to try on my wedding dress. It still fit!! Just can't get it zipped up all the way. Which I have not been able to do really since having my kids. haha I am just happy I am able to still fit in it after 4 kids. To finish off our night we grabbed blizzards from DQ and that was about it. It was a great evening just my lovie and I. I am so lucky to be married to Brandon. He is such a hard working and loving eternal companion and father of our children. I love this man more than I could ever say in words!! So glad we get to spend eternity together! 
Happy Anniversary!!!!  


Look at these cuties!!!! I can barely handle their cuteness! 

We bought Kayden some new glasses online. He looks so much older with these glasses on. They are just slightly bigger than his other ones so he does not like them yet. We figured we would just hold on to them until he gets a little older and they fit him better. For right now he wont even wear them. I even tried to trick him a couple of times and he still noticed that they were not his old ones. At least they were cheap. Hopefully he will wear them eventually. 

Trying to grab leaves! haha Silly boys!! 

The older 3 boys and Brandon took off to Denver one evening to go see Dude Perfect live. They were super excited! Wyatt woke up that morning not feeling good. I told him that he needed to feel good because they were going to Dude Perfect that night. He was hoping he would feel better and by the time it was time for them to leave he said he was feeling a lot better. So he went with the crew. They were meeting their cousins for the show in Denver. The boys were super excited! 

While they were off to have fun I went with my Mom and Kayden to Chick Fil A and then to go sit in my parents hot tub afterwards. It was a good evening for me and Kayden. 

Dude Perfect! 



These boys love to watch Dude perfect on youtube. So they were super excited to see them in real life. Sadly, Wyatt was only good for a little bit. Brandon said half way through the show he started crying saying that he was cold. Then on their way home Wyatt threw up! I felt bad for Wyatt because he didn't get to enjoy the show as much as he could have if he had been healthy. I also felt bad because I sent a sick kid to a live concert and he was around his cousins. So I was hoping that none of the cousins would get sick because of him. Even though he was not feeling great Brandon said they enjoyed it. It was a good thing Wyatt went though because the boys wont be going to one of those shows again. Brandon said it was fun for the kids but it was more fun to watch them on Youtube. I was just glad that they had some fun and made it home safely that night. 


Ethan worked really hard on his lego gun and finished it quicker than we thought he would. He does such a good job with these kinds of things. 

Ethan put these glasses on and thought he looked like a guy from Men in Black. haha 

Its a NEW CAR!!!!



With Brandon's Audi out of the picture Brandon was on the hunt for a car. He looked at jeeps, trucks, Audi's and Teslas. After searching and searching he though to look on craigs list for a Tesla. He found the one that he would want and contacted the guy. He went down and test drove it and decided that he was going to get it. The guy selling it drove it up to us and Brandon signed the paperwork, gave him the check and he was now a proud owner of a P85D Tesla. He was excited and sad at the same time. It was bitter sweet! We do still miss his Audi. I miss the sound of the engine. The boys love the Tesla because of how quick it is. The older boys will say they miss the Audi. I think they say it just because I say it. haha However, it is a fun car and has some nice perks! Brandon wont have to pay for gas in his car ever again. He also gets free supercharging with his model. So that is really nice! 


We got a carpet cleaner and were now trying to clean our carpets so they wouldn't look so gross. If we can't get them to clean up nicely we may have to bite the bullet and change out the carpet on the main floor. 

This took quite a long time to get the carpet to look slightly clean. It is going to take a few rounds of cleaning before it gets better. 

We also had a big moment in our household. Brandon and I had just been talking about how nice it would be to have Kayden potty trained before our DR trip. We didn't think it would be a possibility because of how scared Kayden seems to be of the toilet. haha However, the day after talking about that Kayden decided to go potty in the toilet. I had to make Kayden sit on the toilet with his clothes on just so that he would realize it was not scary. When he realized it was not scary he went potty in the toilet. 
I let him pick out a toy! Usually it would just be a candy but I was so happy that he went potty in the toilet that I didn't care!

Emmett decided to buy his own Kona Ice. They saw the truck coming around and asked if they could have one. I told them that I was not going to buy one for them but they could use their own money to get one. Emmett was all for that. He didn't care that it was 5 bucks for shaved ice even though I told him that we could make some at the house. He felt pretty special paying for his shaved ice and being the only one to get one. Kayden was super bummed and kept saying that he wanted one. Thankfully, I have a shaved ice maker so Wyatt made him some. Then he was happy! 


This kid has been mastering going potty in the toilet! He still wont poop in the toilet but we are so happy he is starting to go potty in the toilet. He gets so excited when he does go potty in the toilet. He wants me to go in the bathroom and then sits down and says, "Watch this!!" it is so funny! Then he runs to Ethan's room where the boxes are kept with his goods. The first day he started to go in the toilet he even went poop all by himself. I was sitting outside and then all of a sudden I heard, "My did it!!" So I came inside to find that Kayden was in the bathroom and Ethan was going around the corner in shock. Kayden had pooped in the toilet all on his own. He had pulled his pants down and gone all on his own. I was so incredibly proud of him. Sadly, that was a one time deal and he still cries if I try to get him to go poop in the toilet. So for now we will take the small wins of him peeing in the toilet for now. 

Ethan was so proud of himself stacking his smartees. haha 


The boys working hard to earn enough tickets to buy their fan spray bottles for our trip to Arkansas! 

Its funny watching the boys drive all their RC cars outside at the same time. 

This kid loves glasses. If he sees sunglasses he always wants to try them on. 


This kid is so funny! It was not enough to have one watermelon to eat he needed 2 at one time. haha He was loving on all his watermelon!! That night we were getting all ready for our trip to Arkansas. So after tasty pizza and watermelon it was time for the kids to finish packing up and get to bed so we could get up early and make the 12 hour drive for the family reunion!

No comments:

Post a Comment