Friday, September 9, 2016

The Colorado Peach Festival

 Another first for us this year besides picking corn at the church farm. We also went to the peach festival. So our fun weekend before school continued. First meeting Ethan's teacher then bowling and now the peach festival. We were a little worried that it would be unbelievably crowded but we decided to go anyways. It ended up not being too bad. The most crowded area was the food truck area. When we got to the festival we had to first wait in line to get tickets. Then after that we headed to the bathrooms so the boys could go pee and then it was lunch time. We got the boys some pizza from dominos and then Brandon and I shared some nasty nachos from some food truck. We would have been better off getting pizza or chick fil a. So we forced some food down and then walked around for a little bit seeing what there was to do and mainly looking for peach milk shakes which they didn't end up having anywhere. We let the boys ride a few inflatable things and then grabbed some peach jam on our way out and called it a day. We used up all our tickets super fast and then the fun was over! haha 

Look at this little cutie with his hat on! I just want to kiss this little one all the time!! So stinking cute!  


 So just as the sign said each ticket was worth 1 dollar. So the tickets went really fast since food at the food trucks was bought with tickets and then the inflatable toys were about 1-3 tickets each so it went fast. 



 We hung out on the grass and ate our lunch. The boys were pretty anxious to get going and play. 


 They wanted to go on this huge slide first. So we stood in line and paid our 1 ticket each and Ethan and Wyatt headed up the long staircase. Ethan came down first and then we waited for Wyatt to come down. I ended up having to go up and get him because he wasn't coming down. He told me when I got to the top that he wanted me to go with him. I didn't really want to go down the slide so I told him to just come back down. Brandon told me to just go down with him so I figured fine why not. So I ran back up the stairs and put Wyatt on my lap and we went down this steep slide. It was actually really steep i bet Ethan caught some air on his way down. haha 

  



 The next thing we waited in line for was an obstacle course. Ethan and Wyatt were super excited about this one. It was probably the longest line. 















When they got done and made it through the finish line they wanted to go again. haha Too bad we didn't have enough tickets left for them to go. Besides Emmett was super tired and it was time to get home.  






 These boys of ours are just so goofy!!! I LOVE IT!!! They make me laugh so much and are just so full of energy and life!! I am so grateful for these pictures that I take on my phone. I look back at these pictures and all the pictures that I have taken over the years and I could just explode with how happy these kids make me. They really are the best. 
The Peach Festival was stressful with Emmett but is was still fun for Ethan and Wyatt and we could now say that we had been to the Colorado Peach Festival! 
The night ended with the boys having fun with a babysitter while Brandon and I went golfing on a big group date! Which ended the day off perfectly! :-) 







No comments:

Post a Comment