Thursday, June 21, 2018

Back to summer living

Brandon went back to work June 11th and life got back to normal. The boys started playing better together and had some fun doing some crafts and I let them paint outside one morning. 






They had fun painting outside. I let them play outside a little bit and I believe we had to run some errands. I let Ethan read my grocery list and check things off as we went. He loved doing it and he acted so well behaved at the store. I think I need to put him in charge of the grocery list every time because he was so much better behaved than any other time we have gone to the store. 



Then we went to our friends the Ortiz's for a movie night. 

This was Wyatt's painting. He said it was Jupiter. haha 

This was Ethan's and it is side ways. He said it was a picture of a boy throwing a basketball into the hoop. The ball was supposed to look closer and the person and basketball hoop were smaller to look farther away. He did a pretty good job. 


So my sister Ashley is pregnant with their first little one. She sent a picture of her ultrasound at 13 weeks. I showed the boys and told them that Auntie Ashley is having a little baby. Emmett then a few minutes later came over to me like this and said, "I have a baby in my tummy. The baby wiggles and makes me hungry!" haha What a silly kid!! My question is what would make him think of the baby wiggling and making him hungry. I have never been pregnant with him around to have me say that and to give him a reference point. So it was pretty funny that he said that. Emmett is also very into babies right now. I think he wants a little baby brother or sister. Anytime we see a baby he wants to hold it. It is pretty cute! 




I let the boys do water balloons on the trampoline which was kind of fun. But, then I told them they had to get all the little pieces off because if they got too hot and the plastic started to melt they would get stuck on the trampoline. So it was probably more work than worth it. 

With Emmett's birthday coming that Friday I had to start making his cake. I was making a bicycle cake for him this year since he loves his bike so much. He calls it his, "Blue fast bike." So we thought what better cake to make him than a bike cake. It was going to be a lot of work. So I had to bake the cake and then freeze it so that I could put it together and frost it. I cut the 9/13 cake into 5 strips to use for the bike frame and then the round cakes for the wheels and the square cake I used to cut out the bike seat. It took a long time to make but it turned out pretty good. 

On Wednesday that week I took Ethan into the eye doctor at Costco. He kept complaining about his eyes being tired and hurting him after reading for just a little while. That Wednesday morning he had a complete breakdown and started bawling because his eyes were hurting him. So I decided to take him into the eye doctor. I thought maybe he needed glasses for reading. The doc said that he had 20/20 vision but when it came to focusing he was slightly far sighted. He said that Ethan was .75 far sighted. So it was enough to get him some glasses for reading just to help it be a little easier on him and not cause so much strain on his eyes. So we ordered Ethan some glasses. 

He was pretty excited to get these glasses but, we had to wait for almost a week before they came in. 



It has been hard to get to the pool very often this summer. Between Brandon and Wyatt recovering and life just being really busy we have not made it there a whole lot yet. I do try to squeeze it in if I can though and the boys love it just as much as they did last year. I figured after our trips this month we will make sure we make it to the pool more often. 

Thursday morning while I was putting together Emmett's birthday cake the boys got all crafty. I spent the whole morning working on the cake. It took me like 5 hours to get it all done because I had to keep refreezing the cake so that I could frost the already cut sections. Plus I made my own modeling chocolate this time. Which I felt super accomplished about. I thought it was super cool to make and it was really pretty easy and way tastier than fondant. Anyways, Wyatt decided to make pipe cleaner earrings for everyone. haha Pretty stylish if you ask me! :-) They handled me being busy all morning cake making really well and I was happy that they played so well together while I was so busy. I was trying to get it all done that morning because my brother David and his wife Hayley were coming to visit that day and I didn't want to work on it while they were there. Luckily I got it done just as they arrived! So it all worked out! :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment