Sunday, June 17, 2018

May is almost over!

The last parts of May were pretty good. I tried to get out to the park a few times and we visited Daddy at work while I went into the Chiropractor and just tried to enjoy the rest of the school year before summer started. 

Oh and we also found out that we are getting peaches this year!!!! YAY!!!! We got 4 peaches 2 years ago and they were delicious. Then last year we didn't get any. So we were hoping that we would get some this year. We didn't realize how many we had the potential to get this year. I went out to check the peach tree and saw this beauty. Then Brandon came a looked and we noticed a ton more. We never got our usual snow late in May so none of the blossoms died. So we may have a bunch this year which would be amazing!! We shall see what happens. At this point we are just excited to see that we will be getting some peaches this year! 


A little bit of park time!! The kids love going to the Twin Silos park and I don't mind it either. It is a fun park with lots to do. Plus it is closer than the Mammoth park. 





Emmett found a feather on a little bike ride/walk we went on. He thought it was pretty cool. It is pretty funny how much more of a germaphobe I am these days. I used to not even think about germs but when he picked up the feather and handed it to me I was a little grossed out. haha I need to stop being so weird! haha 

Gave this kid a hair cut outside before he went to preschool. They were having picture day and his hair was getting super long. So I decided to cut it in between going to the library for story time, eating lunch and preschool. I had to cut his hair pretty quick because we were running out of time. At least I managed to do it. He is just looking so grown up!! 

Nothing better than visiting Dad at work and having him read a story to the boys! haha 

Lastly, the Toys R Us near us is going out of business. So we went to look at some toys and see if there was anything worth while on sale. We ended up getting a small thing of hatchimals. For some odd reason Wyatt has been wanting to get these hatchimal toys. They are these eggs that have a tiny little creature animal thing inside. You have to make the egg hatch by rubbing it and after a little while the egg gets softer of the heart and you can break it open. haha The boys were super excited about it.  








We got a pack that had 4 eggs and one little animal in it. We let Emmett have the little animal that was not in the egg and then Ethan and Wyatt both got 2 eggs to hatch. They were so silly about it. 


Oh and our milk was basically gone one morning and I let Wyatt try drinking it from the carton. He thought it was super cool until he realized that he had to lift it super high to just get any out. 

Then Emmett wanted to try! haha I think I ended up pouring it into a little cup because they both couldn't tip it hight enough to finish it off. haha

The boys also got to go on the Father's and Sons this year. It was supposed to rain and have thunder and lightning and at first it got canceled. Then they secured a lodge up where they were supposed to be staying and so they got to go. The boys were super excited!! They didn't get to go last year so this was Emmett's first time going on the Fathers and Sons.







 They were so happy to be going with their Daddy. The nice thing is that they ended up being able to enjoy the evening because it didn't even start raining until later that night and in the morning. So they had lots of fun playing out in the mountains and spending time with their Dad.
I thought I was would excited to be solo for one night and be able to do whatever I wanted. Instead I was pretty sad to see them leave. They are my life and it felt weird to have them all gone for the evening. I made the most of it though and got invited to go to Chick Fil A with some friends and then I went to the Temple and then got some Panera Bread for myself and a Chick Fil A milkshake. Then ended the night with a movie and eating my dinner. So it wasn't too bad. I was just lonely! haha I don't do well on my own. haha Especially when my family is gone!

 That next week we went to costco and got some ice cream and on the way home Emmett made a little bit of a mess. haha He said, "Mom! Look I'm a mustache" haha What a silly kid!!

 Look at that cutie!! :-)


Wyatt had his last day of school on May 22nd. They were having a party and got to play out in the blow up water slide in the backyard and have pizza.

Wyatt was super excited. I was excited that the weather stayed nice for him to have his water party day for his last day of school. 

He has grown up so much. It is exciting and sad at the same time to see how big he is getting!!
He sure did love preschool but he is very excited to go to kindergarten next year!

The night of the preschool celebration I decided it would be yummy to do grilled pizza for dinner. Well.... I attempted it and failed....


 I failed 4 TIMES!!!! I tried grilling the pizzas and when I opened the grill after just a couple of minutes the flames from the grill for like 3 feet high. I had to turn off the grill and still the flames were going super high. The pizza was dead!! It took almost 10 minutes for the flames to go away. Then I tried to just grill a pizza on the grill with it turned off but still hot. Ya well that burned as well. So I gave up on the grilled pizza and I turned the oven on. I got the pizzas all prepped and in the oven when it was preheated. It said not he crust to cook them for 10 minutes. So I set my watch timer and went outside to watch Emmett and make sure he didn't get hit by a car. When I came it at the 10 minute mark I knew right away that the pizzas were burnt!! I had now burnt 4 pizzas! I called Brandon and told him which he then started laughing on the phone. haha It was quite funny and yet very frustrating! So now we had no dinner and we had to go pick up some Freddy's before going to Wyatt's preschool celebration! It made for a crazy evening that is for sure!! Not sure if I will be trying grilled pizzas again any time soon! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment