Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Back to school

Ethan's first day of School was August 21st. It was surprisingly cool at the start of school so I had to break out the jackets for the mornings.




I still can't believe Ethan started 3rd grade this year. He was super excited and ready for it. 

We got him off to the bus and said our "I love you's" and watched the bus drive away. Since it was the first day of school I was planning on jumping in the car and driving to the school to see Ethan off on his first day. Wyatt and Emmett however really wanted to ride bikes to the school. I caved and decided to ride bikes over to the school. We had to book it because we only had like 5 minutes to get to the school before the bell rang. I told Wyatt he was going to have to cruise. Wyatt did a great job and although his legs were burning some of the time he tried to keep up. As we approached the school I heard the bell ring. So we parked at the edge of the school and ran through the grass field to make our way to the 3rd graders lines. Emmett was being a baby and didn't want to run. He was whining and crying wanting me to carry him. So I picked him up and ran through the field. By the time we got to the basketball courts I was exhausted!!! I put him down and then finished our way to Ethan's line. I kept looking through his line trying to see where he was but didn't see him anywhere. I started looking through other teachers lines thinking maybe Ethan had gotten the lines mixed up. While looking everywhere trying to find him Emmett was as my legs whining and grabbing at me to hold him and crying. He was driving me crazy!! I told him I was trying to find Ethan but he didn't seem to care at all. Finally Ethan came to the line. Their bus had been late arriving to the school! I was so glad to finally see him. So I gave him a hug and Wyatt tried giving him a hug.




Then Ethan was off. Heading to his classroom for the very first time!! 3rd Grade here he comes!!! 

Ethan had a great first day of school and was super excited about his teacher. That night Wyatt had a little poem to read for the night before school.



Wyatt was so excited about having magical confetti to put under his pillow to help him have good dreams! He told me he needed all of it! haha It was cute seeing how excited he was! 

The next morning Wyatt could hardly wait to go to school and to ride the bus.


My little buddy was officially starting kindergarten. I was excited for him but sad to see him going off to school.








He was super excited to ride the bus with Ethan. I made sure to tell Ethan that he needed to be the big brother and watch out for Wyatt this year on the bus. Ethan was cool with showing him the ropes.




They hopped on the bus and I blew kisses and said, "I love you!" and then they drove off. Brandon was lucky this year and his schedule was slow enough that he had the morning off. He was able to see Wyatt off on his first day of school which was pretty cool. After the bus drove off we jumped in the car and headed to the school once again to see Wyatt off to his class. 

We got to the school and then looked around the playground trying to see where Ethan and Wyatt were. Brandon finally spotted them walking in from the buses. Ethan was being a good big brother and guiding Wyatt into the school. It was so cute to watch them both walking into the school together. 



I gave hugs to Ethan and then headed to Wyatt's line. Wyatt found his class line and saw his teacher and then went and stood in line waiting to walk into his classroom for his very first day of Kindergarten. 

Look at that cute little boy!!
As I stood in line with Wyatt I told him that I wasn't sure I was ready for him to go to school. He said, "Mom! Your starting to cry aren't you?" haha I agreed that I was. He then looked up and did his little trying not to cry face. Which just made it worse! I was going to miss my little buddy. Thankfully it was only half day. 





Off my little Wyatt went to his first day of school. He was super excited and it was sad and yet exciting to watch him walk away with his class. It was official they were both in school now. It was just going to be me and Emmett each day until 11:30. Which was a good thing. Emmett needs some good quality one on one time with me this year. Bitter sweet moments that is for sure!!

No comments:

Post a Comment