Tuesday, September 18, 2018

To Idaho we go!

 The Thursday after Ethan's baptism Brandon worked a half day and then we headed to Idaho to go to Brandon's extended family reunion. It was going to be a really quick weekend but lots of fun. We arrived late Thursday night and chatted a little bit and then headed off to bed. Friday morning Brandon took off early with his Dad to go golfing. After everyone was up and about we got ready and then met them at the club to eat some breakfast. After breakfast we took the kids golfing on the short course. It was getting pretty hot and the kids were all getting kind of whiny. They had fun though.



It is kind of crazy taking that many little kids golfing at one time. haha

After golfing we got packed up and took the boat out.




















The kids had a blast on the boat! You could hear them squealing from half a mile away as Grandpa would take a turn super quick. It was super cute! Then Brandon went skiing and looked so studly skiing on the water. Then I decided to attempt it. I got up really the first time and stayed up a little while. I got up 3 more times and then crashed really hard. I have not ever crashed as hard as I did the last time I got up. My ski went one way and my body went the other. I slammed my head and felt my leg pull like crazy. I got up and everything was spinning and my head hurt really bad. I was done after that. Crazy enough my hamstrings on my left leg were sore for like 3 weeks after that. haha I was proud of myself though because I had gotten up 3 times and pretty quick and actually stayed up a little bit.


After some boating fun we headed out to get some snow cones.














The snow cones were delicious!!!! We all enjoyed them. Then it was time to head back to the house and get ready for the family reunion. 
It was a fun evening catching up with Brandon's cousins and Aunts and Uncles and Grandma and Grandpa Murri. We ate some yummy food and played around and the kids got to roast marshmallows.





It was a long day. We finally left close to 9 and headed back to the house to get the kids to bed. That night Emmett slept terribly! Brandon and I didn't get much sleep and then had to be up early to go be in the Murri golf tournament. We were beat that Saturday!!


It was fun being out golfing but sadly Brandon and I were not put on the same team. It was pretty chilly too that morning and my golf game was not on. I was doing terribly! haha But, I made it and it was pretty fun. 

After golfing we went back to the house and packed up things and then went on our way to finish off the reunion.
It was super hot and the kids were having fun playing with the hose and spraying people. Or I should say trying to spray Brandon. haha
















Then the boys decided it would be fun to jump off the swing into the pool. haha They caught some good air and luckily none of the kids missed the pool. haha




We also got to play in the Murri ring toss tournament. Brandon was SO.... close. We were really wanting him to win this year. He has never won. This was supposed to be his year. So he was a good sport about it but he was pretty bummed!




Then Coya and I decided to jump in the kiddie pools together in our clothes. haha Brandon joined us too and it sure felt good to get all wet. It was just so hot and we needed to cool down.



Emmett found a new friend to play with. Hannah was so cute with him and he just ate up all the attention she gave him.







We played hard that Saturday and had a lot of fun. Before we left we made sure to say bye to everyone and I made sure to tell Grandma and Grandpa Murri how grateful I have been for how loved and welcome they have always made me feel. Then we left and had some dinner at the house and put the kids to bed and then played some games and then Grandma Hunstman came over with her new Boy Toy. haha Coya and I then left to go pick up snow cones again. I had planned on getting snow cones twice while we were in Idaho and it was our last chance. So we made our last trip to get snow cones and then played some games before heading off to bed.


Sunday morning we packed up and then played a little bit of games with Grandma Huntsman, coya and the kids. Then we said our Good byes and made our long drive to make it back home. We stopped at IN N OUT on our way home again and then managed to survive the rest of the drive. The kids were so done with the drive by the time we were an hour or so away. So by the time we got home both Brandon and I were so glad to be out of the car and didn't want to make a long drive for a long time. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment