Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Great World Lodge

About a month before school started Brandon and I looked into The Great World Lodge. We wanted to do a fun little trip with our boys. We had had such a busy summer with Brandon partnering and with our family reunions that we didn't have time to do a fun little get away trip with just our little family. So we found a good deal and booked our stay. So Thursday afternoon we picked up Ethan from school early and took off to Colorado Springs to go have some fun. We got to The Great Wolf Lodge around 4 and checked in. Then we hit the store because I needed a couple of things and then we headed back to go explore The Great Wold Lodge eat dinner and go swimming before going to bed! 




The boys were so excited to be there and they couldn't wait to go swimming!! They didn't want to go to the store and they ate their dinner super fast so we could go swimming. 





Look at those happy boys!! I have such cute men in my life! Man I can't get enough of these guys!! 








Emmett loved running away from the waves at the wave pool! 



















All 3 boys LOVED all of the slides! Emmett really wanted to go on the racing slides but he was not tall enough. Luckily there were lots of things that Emmett could do. Ethan and Wyatt were having a blast going on all of the normal slides. They especially liked the racing slide! That was probably their favorite one! One the racing one you went down on a mat and there were 4 different lanes. So the boys and either Brandon or I would all go at one time with them and see who made it down first. At the end of the slide it has a nice little drop and the boys absolutely loved it! After playing for probably over an hour we called it a night and headed back to our room to pop some popcorn and relax while watching some TV. 







The boys loved their sleeping space and there was a TV in their little room so they could watch what they wanted and we could watch what we wanted. They were having so much fun eating popcorn in their beds and watching cartoons. It was a fun and relaxing evening before we made the fun end and sent them to bed! 


The next morning we got up and went down for some breakfast. We grabbed some food at Dunkin Donuts and then got ready to go swimming. We got our room all cleaned out because we had to check out at 11 anyways and then headed down to the pool to swim the rest of the day! 






A little arcade time! 






Before going swimming that morning we headed to the arcade to play for a little bit while Brandon got us checked out. The boys love arcades but it was pretty expensive. So after a few games we headed back to the pool. 


On Friday the boys spent a lot of their time on this lily pad obstacle.























They all had so much fun with it. They went on it over and over and over again. So between this area and the wave pool and the slides we were spent by 1. I took Emmett with me to go get some french fries and and soda to share with everyone since it was lunch time and we were all hungry but we didn't think we would be there much longer so we didn't want to get lunch. So we had some fries and a drink and then played a little longer before heading out. 


As we left the boys begged us to play at the arcade one more time. Since we were feeling like generous parents and waned our boys to have everything their hearts desired we decided to let then. However, it didn't end the way we hoped. Instead of being grateful for all the fun we had they were complaining and whining because they didn't get to do everything they wanted to because we ran out of money again on the cards. Wyatt started saying how it wasn't any fun and it wasn't fare. It sure made Brandon and I feel happy about spending a ton of money on a fun weekend for them just to have them complain. Granted they were all hungry and I'm sure tired from the busy 2 days and the late night but still it is always frustrating to have your kids complain about not having fun because they didn't get one thing they wanted after spending lots of money. Oh well, I guess thats the age they are at right now. Emmett fell asleep before we could get him some lunch and slept for most of the drive home. We hit a good amount of traffic but the kids just watched movies and fell asleep for a little while so it wasn't too bad. It was altogether a fun trip. The boys had a blast even if they complained at the end and they kept saying that we needed to go again and kept asking when we were going to go again. haha So it was a success. We need to do more fun little trips with our boys! 

On a side note, I had found out I was pregnant the Thursday before we left for our fun trip. We had been looking forward to our trip and I was so excited to spend some time just having fun with our kids. However, the morning we were leaving I started to spot. I ended up miscarrying that weekend. I was so excited and looking forward to this fun weekend with my kids and the fun was dampened a little bit. I couldn't swim with the boys as much as I wanted to. I went down a few slides with the boys and then just kind of watched from the side lines. I would get in the water to about my knees or a little lower but that was it. Kind of hard to enjoy the water fun in the middle of a miscarriage. I was really sad that Thursday and I kept trying not to cry but it was hard not to. Friday I teared up a few times but just tried to enjoy my family and the fun we could have as much as I possibly could. The thing I was most bummed about was that I had been looking forward to this for a month and then right when we were going to be able to have a blast with our kids I couldn't enjoy it as much as I had wanted to. So next time I plan on being fully healthy and happy and being able to just have a blast with my boys with no worries. Even though I had to watch more from the sidelines and not enjoy the water as much it was still fun and the boys had a blast! 

No comments:

Post a Comment