Thursday, September 28, 2017

Our trip to Utah

On Thursday September 14th we picked up Ethan from school right as he got done and headed out to Utah. We needed to take Brandon's Dad's boat back to Idaho and this was the only weekend we had that was free to be able to do so. So instead of having Brandon just drive the boat all the way to Idaho and back we decided to make a trip out of it. Our friends the Kecks had just moved to Utah just a little under a month prior. So we got a hold of them and asked if they wouldn't mind us coming and staying with them for a day so we could see them and Wyatt could play with Bradley (and Mady!). They were excited to have us come and we decided to drive out Thursday afternoon instead of Friday early morning. So we made it to South Jordan Utah close to 11 that night and went to bed. When we got there it was drizzling and cold. I then decided to check the weather for utah and it was supposed to be cold and rainy all Friday and still only in the 60's on Saturday. Ya.. I didn't not prepare for colder weather. It had still been so hot in Colorado that I didn't even think to look or be prepared for colder weather. So we only had shorts and T shirts to wear in the colder weather. No jackets or anything. I had come completely prepared for warm weather. I should have looked at the weather before we left for Utah like I normally do before we leave for a trip! Crazy me!!!The next morning Brandon was getting up early to drive the boat back to Idaho Falls so he could get back to Utah and enjoy some of the day with us. He got up around 5 and headed out. The boys and I slept a little longer and then got up and went down for some breakfast! With a little bad luck I woke up with really bad pain right by my hipbone. I knew why I was feeling the pain but it was hurting worse than it normally did. I hurt so bad that I didn't really feel like eating and when I got ready later that morning I was feeling nauseous. It was not fun! It would have been nice to have Brandon there that morning to help out while I was hurting so bad. But... I managed it and tried my best to enjoy the morning with my boys! 


The boys were being completely crazy at breakfast. It was really hard for me to handle their craziness all by myself but not much I could do except handle it. So after eating breakfast we headed over to go swimming only to find out at that pool was closed. So I asked the front desk to let us know when the pool was open. The pool was being cleaned so it wasn't open yet. So we headed back up to our room to relax and watch some cartoons until we got the call that the pool was open or until we had to leave. Whichever one came first! 

Thankfully they had Disney Channel so the boys watched a little bit of Mickey Mouse and as soon as I texted Brandon saying that the pool was closed the front desk called me telling me that the pool was now open. 



So we headed to the pool. The pool was really not that cold. It was heated and felt pretty good. So we swam for a little bit and then I got a text from Andrea Keck that she was going to have to pick us up earlier than planned so we swam for 10 more minutes and then warmed up in the hot tub for just a minute or two before heading back to the room to get cleaned up. 



Some crazy time with my crazy boys!! :-) 

We got back to our room and I gave the boys a bath really quick. Then I turned on cartoons and jumped in the shower. Not long after getting in the shower I hear a huge thud and then Emmett starts crying. A minute later Ethan says, "Oh my.... MOM... Emmett is bleeding. His nose is bleeding!" So I finish up what I was doing and then get a towel on and open the door to find Emmett's nose covered in blood and some blood on his forehead. Ethan told me that his head wasn't bleeding but that he had wiped the blood from his nose onto his head. 

So I then had Emmett come sit on the bathroom floor and play games on my phone while I finished my shower. Then I got ready really quick and started to get all of our stuff together. Andrea then texted me saying that she was there to pick us up and I was then running around like a crazy person trying to get everything put into our bag and make sure we had everything. Then I couldn't find Wyatt's swimsuit all of a sudden. So we took probably 5 more minutes just looking for his suit. We finally found it and then carried all of our stuff down to the car. We then went back to the Keck's apartment to hangout while Andrea and Justin went to go sign papers to close on their house. 

The boys had a blast playing together and riding scooters in the halls outside. 


Brandon arrived shortly after Justin and Andrea got back from signing papers. Then we headed to the Museum of Curiosity to go play for a couple hours. 












The kids were having a blast playing. Sadly, Wyatt and Ethan kept getting hurt on one play area where you jump through a bunch of strap things. Wyatt's arm kept getting stuck and Ethan hurt himself too at one point. Then poor Ethan got pummeled by a kid that jumped through and landed right on Ethans head pushing Ethan down to the next level. He wasn't too happy after that! So we left that area and went to play in other sections of the Museum! 












We played for probably 2 hours and then headed out. The Kecks had already left to go get their keys to their new house and so while they were doing that we decided to go get some drinks from Swig. After getting some drinks we called the kecks and figured out what we were going to pick up for dinner. So we picked up some Thai food and then met them back at their new house. 


This is what Andrea got to do after we joined them for dinner in their new house. All the kids sat on the floor and ate and of course my kids were eating and running so it was a disaster. I felt so bad that we were making their brand new house all messy! After letting the kids run around the house like wild animals for a while we headed back to the apartment just down the road to get the kids ready and in bed. 

All the kiddos slept in one room together. Wyatt was so excited to sleep near Bradley. Thankfully, they went to bed really well that night so we didn't have to keep getting mad at them and telling them to go to bed. They listened really well which is probably because they were exhausted from he days adventures. Which is totally fine with me! :-) 


The next morning Andrea made pancakes for everyone and we ate and got ready and then headed out to go play at a park. 







Their daughter had a soccer game that morning so we decided to just play at the park for a little while with all the kids before we had to take off. Wyatt was having so much fun with Bradley and Mady and was sad to have to say goodbye! The park was a really cool park though and the kids had a blast. However, it was pretty windy and chilly at the park especially for my little family who was all dressed for 80 degree weather. haha Luckily, Brandon had grabbed a wind breaker jacket from his parents house while he was in Idaho the previous morning because it was in the 40's in Idaho and raining. So he grabbed that jacket and brought it back with him. So I wore that jacket at the park and held Emmett for a good amount of time in the jacket with me to help keep him warm! I still can't believe I didn't look at the weather! haha I won't be making that mistake again! haha 







































My kids did not want to leave this park or their friends. I don't blame them though, it was a super fun park with lots to do and we were with good company! So it was sad to make the kids say goodbye! We were so thankful for the Keck's letting us stay with them and the good memories we were able to make with them. I know Wyatt was so happy to be able to go. When Brandon told him that we were going to take the boat back and stay with the Keck's so he could play with Bradley he gave Brandon a big hug and said, "your the best dad ever!!" So he was just a little excited. He also told me later that he was excited to see Mady too. I then asked him if he thought Mady was cute and he said, "she is SO cute!" haha So it was good to hangout with them and to let the kids play together again. 

After playing at the park for a little bit we headed to a different parker farther north to meet up with my brothers! We got to the park and walked around and talked with David and Hayley and with Weston while the kids played. We also got to see lot of animals which the kids loved too! 














Then the kids got to ride this little cow train around and they were stoked! haha 
After playing and chatting for an hour or so we had to say goodbye to Weston and his boys. 
It was good to see my brothers! Sad that it was so short lived but at least we made it happen! Weston's Hayley didn't get to make it because she had taken their youngest Jacob to the doctors. So we didn't get to see her but at least we got to see the rest of their family! 
After the park we headed to get some lunch at IN-N-OUT with David and Hayley before heading the rest of the way back home to Colorado! 







Ethan was trying to finish his burger first and shoved the rest of his burger in his mouth. haha He could barely close his mouth all the way. 


Then of course Wyatt had to follow his brother and do the same thing. 
We all enjoyed our burgers. Ethan and Wyatt ate their entire burgers which is a first for at least Wyatt. haha It was a delightful meal as always and then we had to say goodbye to David and Hayley and make the rest of our trek home. We stopped and grabbed some pizza for the boys and subway for Brandon and I when we were about an hour from getting home. Then we finally made it home and were able to let the kicks get a little energy out before sending them to bed. It was nice to get home Saturday night instead of having to drive on Sunday again. It would have been fun to spend more time with the Keck's but it was good to get back home before Sunday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment