Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Solar Eclipse Day

That Monday after we got back from our trip to St. George there was a Solar Eclipse that was supposed to happen. Here in Fort Collins Co we were supposed to have a 95% coverage. Since we didn't have special glasses (at least that I knew of. We ended up finding a pair that Ethan got from school in a folder we never looked at. Oops!) I made a makeshift viewing thing. I saw this online and so I tried it out. Ya.... it didn't really work. Well at least I didn't know how to angle it right so that we could see what we were supposed to see. Thankfully after the 95% coverage happened our neighbors came out and they let us borrow their glasses to each get a turn to look at it. The coolest part about it was the fact that the ski got darker. Not much darker but there was a noticeable change in the color outside. There was more of a gray tint to the color outside which was cool and it got a little cooler. That was by far the coolest part about it. We did have friends that drove to go see the total eclipse and the pictures and video from that were pretty sweet! I can see that going to a total solar eclipse would actually be pretty cool! Maybe next time we will drive and be the crazy people going to see the total eclipse! haha 






My boys trying to use my make shift viewing camera. haha It didn't really work! 









I think these pictures are really cool. You can't really tell that it is a Solar Eclipse except for the moon like lights that are in the picture. I am not exactly sure what they are that I am seeing in the pictures but all I know is it looks pretty cool! 

So we just played outside while the eclipse was going on. I told the boys not to look at the sun because it would make them go blind because they would look at it took long without knowing it. Plus it is just bad to look at the sun normally. So then Ethan kept saying that he accidentally looked up and then he looked away really quickly and kept wondering if he was going to go blind. haha It was funny! I had to explain to them that it is bad to look at the sun anyways and so they should just not even worry about looking up at the sun. They were a lot better with not trying to look up when our friends let us use their glasses. Then they just looked up when they were wearing the glasses. It was pretty cool and maybe they will remember it. Probably not! haha If we had gone to see the total eclipse I think it would be more memorable. Still... they are really young! So they probably wouldn't have remembered going if we had! haha 

That night for Family Home Evening we had a lesson on the priesthood to remind the boys about what the priesthood is and how it is a blessing to have a Dad that is a worthy priesthood holder and can give them blessings. After discussing the priesthood Brandon gave the boys a Father's blessing in preparation for school to start. Ethan went first and then Wyatt. Then Emmett climbed up on the chair all ready for his. Brandon asked him if he wanted one and he folded his arms and closed his eyes. It was the CUTEST thing ever!! I wish that I gotten a picture of his tiny self sitting in the chair folding his arms and bowing his head all ready for his Dad to give him a priesthood blessing too. So Brandon gave him a little one too! He was so happy to have gotten a blessing like his brothers! 


Then of course we enjoyed a FHE treat of popsicles and I had to take a picture of these cuties after their Daddy gave them a Father's blessing!! I sure love all these men in my life!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment