Monday, November 24, 2014

Ethan's first field trip

On October 4th Ethan had his first field trip with his Preschool class! We went to a pumpkin patch at a farm about 10 minutes away from us. It was at a place called Bartel Farms. It was a tiny little farm but the kids had a blast playing in the park area that they had. The field trip was right after a huge rain storm that we had, so the pumpkin field was incredibly muddy. I think after finding a pumpkin I had so much mud on my shoes it felt like my shoes had 5 pound weights in them. It took a while to clean off our shoes after the field trip! haha 




































This pumpkin that Ethan picked was the third pumpkin that he picked. At first he picked the perfect little pumpkin, but since I have never picked a pumpkin off the vine I didn't know that I couldn't just kick it off. Since I didn't know that I decided to kick the stem off to break the pumpkin off but ended up breaking off the whole stem. So we had to look for a different one. Then I found a big one and ethan said he wanted it. Then after getting it all the way out of the mud I tried to have Ethan hold it but it was too heavy. So he decided he wanted a different one. So we went back in and finally found one that he wanted. The vines were super spiky and kind of hard to get off. He was happy with this pick though! haha 

No comments:

Post a Comment