Wednesday, February 14, 2018

A little more fun in January


January had started out so great with all the fun things we were able to do while Ethan and Wyatt had school off. The rest of the month was pretty good to. Brandon and I had a trip to Vegas to look forward to, Ethans basketball was going to be starting and the kids were taking advantage of any chance they could go outside. 

I came down to this sight one Sunday morning. I thought they were watching TV because it was so quiet and I was all ready to get them in trouble because it was Sunday but, I was welcomed with a happy sight seeing that the boys had built a fort and were having fun playing in it. Pretty good fort for them to make by themselves. 

This picture was taken in Nursery! I LOVE it!!! Emmett is such a stud! His nursery leaders took pictures of all the kids and I love this picture of our sweet little Emmett. 


The week after Ethan went back to school he had the following Monday off. So naturally we would go out for Donuts! :-)





I even bought them their own Sunny D's which they asked me a couple of times for. Then after I realized how thirsty they must be I decided to get them each their own. They were Stoked!! 



The only negative to the kids having school days off is having to take all 3 of them to the store with me. haha It ends up being a mad house and by the end they went to ride the horse and had a few meltdowns because Ethan wanted to ride the horse all by himself since Wyatt and Emmett had had 2 turns. I told him he could share because there are 2 horses. So he threw a fit and said he wasn't going to ride it at all then. Then he climbed on the back and was all of a sudden happy again. What silly kids! 

It was really cold that Monday that Ethan had off and by the time we had gotten home there were icicles on the drunk of the car. They were not there when we left the store which is really weird. So I showed the boys and they thought that was super cool. 

Later that day we decided to go sledding at the new parks "Mount Timnath". Not much of a mountain if you ask me. It is more like a bunny hill. I wasn't sure that sledding down this little hill would even work but they were able to sled a little bit and have some fun. 
















Of course Ethan and Wyatt had to try and snowboard on our sled and Ethan made it a little bit down the hill before falling. Wyatt couldn't make it very far and if Ethan was anywhere near him when he was trying he would blame his falling on Ethan saying that he had pushed him. I had to keep telling him that it is a lot harder to stand up then it is sitting and that he was just falling. He was adamant that Ethan was pushing him and Ethan kept denying it. I should note that the boys were tired because they had gotten up too early that morning. So any meltdowns were kind of expected not that I enjoyed it one bit but I kind of expected it. By the time I said it was time to leave Ethan had thrown some major tantrums about things not being fare because I made him drag the sled down the hill with him instead of leaving it in the middle of the hill and that I had lied because I supposedly didn't give them a whole 5 minutes to play at the park (in reality I gave them almost 10). By the time he had thrown another tantrum I was completely ready to go home and get out of the cold. It is never fun dealing with tantrums when I am warm, let alone when I am freezing cold! haha 


My Friend Paige Palmer and I went on January 16th to do the Chick Fil A First One Hundred because our Chick Fil A here in Timnath was going to be opening. So I got up at 5:30 for her to come pick me up so we could go together and hopefully win free Chick Fil A for a year. We got there at about 5:50 and we were number 81 and 82. We were so excited that there were not more than 100 people there and we thought for sure we had this in the bag. We knew there was a scavenger hunt that we had to do but we could totally do that. 
We filled out our papers and then started hearing the people in charge talking about how they were excited to spend the entire day with us and that we had to be back for line checks every couple of hours. I had to be home by 6:45 for Brandon to leave for work and we had to wait to get registered before we could leave or else we wouldn't be able to participate and get our free Chick Fil A for a year. So we waited until the last minute and then had to leave!
We were pretty bummed that we were not able to be a part of it. The crazy thing was that we had to literally be available all day long. We had both read all of the instructions for the event and nowhere did it say you had to be at all these line checks and where they were for breakfast and lunch (which was free but still). Then we would have had to be back there by 4:00 and stay till about 6:30 as they gave out the prizes. I mean seriously.. who has time for that. I guess if all of our kids were in full day school and didn't need us home in the morning then it would work out. We were pretty bummed that we got up so early and were in the first 100 and yet didn't get to leave with anything to show for it except for some sad pictures. haha Oh well.. I will still be eating there. It just won't be for free! haha 


Later that day I took the boys to story time at the library. It had been quite a while since I had taken these crazies to story time. They had lots of fun with it and I think we will be doing it more often. 

No comments:

Post a Comment