Friday, February 9, 2018

Fun times counting down till Christmas

After getting better from Strep we tried to enjoy the rest of the month counting down to Christmas as much as possible. 
One evening we decided to head over to Scheils. I was still feeling exhausted from being sick but I wanted to join the boys in some fun so I decided to go with them instead of staying home. It sure took all the energy I had out of me and I was totally drained by the time we left. It was fun though to spend a little bit of time out of the house with our sweet little family.








We rode on the farris wheel but Emmett is still just slightly too short for it so they wouldn't let him go on. 

So Daddy and Emmett waited on the side lines. Emmett didn't seem to mind too much which was good. 





Then all the boys got to play a game before heading to the play area. 

Back at home our mornings were filled with relaxing and watching cartoons. The boys for some reason decided that laying on the couch like this was more comfortable. haha 


Oh... Emmett. He is always in to something. I was on the computer for maybe 1 minute. Emmett had come over to the computer with me grabbed a marker and left and when I got over to check on him since he was being super quiet this is what I found. He had drawn all over himself. Even on is tongue!! So GROSS! haha I can't take my eye off of him for 1 minute before he is doing something he shouldn't be. He was so proud of it too.  That and then he was using his hands like he was Iron man with the color on them.haha 

On December 15th I was thankfully feeling all better. We had a ton to do before the office Christmas party that night. I took off with Emmett to go try to find a couple things for the party and while we were out and about Emmett decided he needed to go potty. So we headed to the bathroom in Hobby Lobby just for him to do a drip. So we left the bathroom and within 2 minutes he tells me he needs to go poopoo's. I was kind of upset because I had already taken him to the bathroom just minutes before this. I decided to take him anyways because he said he really needed to go. Happily he actually did go #2 and because he did I told him he could get a prize. At first he wanted a helicopter candy dispenser and even though it was like 6 bucks I decided to buy it for him. Well, as soon as I had paid for it and handed it to him he told me he didn't want it. Now he wanted a donut. Thankfully I had not left the store yet so I just returned it quickly and we headed off to a couple other stores before getting his reward. 

Look at that sweet little face! 


He sure was happy to get his donut! :-)



We also finished delivering our caramel popcorn to neighbors and friends. The boys looked so cute up on the doorsteps delivering popcorn. :-)

As Christmas was getting closer we decided to go see the Christmas lights in loveland at Centerra. It was supposed to be a winter wonderland and I was excited to go walk around outside looking at lots of pretty Christmas lights. Well... we were sorely dissapointed. There were only lights in one are of the gardens and they were blue and white and they didn't even go all the way up into the trees. The lights were mainly on the tree trunks and they had one big tree that changed colors with songs and a couple blow up igloo things. We stayed for maybe 10 minutes total. That includes walking to see the lights and getting back to the car. I think we stayed for 1 or 2 songs and then headed out to go get some hot chocolate. 








Even though the lights were lame it was fun to be out with these crazies. Plus they looked so cute in their coats with their 7 Eleven hot cocoa's. haha I have just been completely spoiled with Christmas lights from my childhood. Going and seeing an entire neighborhood completely decked out to the max had spoiled me forever. I will never look at other places christmas light decorations the same. Other people may think they are awesome but to me it is pitiful after what I grew up seeing every year. haha





Life just needs some goofy faces sometimes. haha


We also bought an actual gingerbread house making kit this year for the kids. The kids thought it was fun but I think I would rather just use graham crackers next year. The gingerbread houses did not taste good and there was not much candy to use for decorating. 










At least the kids enjoyed it. Emmett spent a little bit of time decorating and the rest of the time eating as much little tiny candy pieces as he could. Ethan and Wyatt spent a lot more time decorating and did a pretty good job. 


As Christmas break got closer it was time for school Christmas parties. 
Wyatt's was first
I took Emmett with me and we got to watch Wyatt decorate a cone Christmas tree, make a candy cane ornament, Rudolf the red nose reindeer hat and sing some songs. It was all so cute to watch and Im glad I got to go. 














Wyatt did such a good job singing the songs they had practiced. He was so excited to sing for everyone and he was probably the only one that remembered all the words and when to sing them. It was super cute!!

Next was Ethan's school party 
I packed up Wyatt and Emmett and we headed to Ethan's school. It was a good thing that we went because they didn't have enough people volunteer to help. So I ended up helping with one of the stations. It was pretty much chaos but the kids all had fun. Wyatt and Emmett even got to enjoy some snacks from the snack table. Ethan was having a ton of fun with all his friends in his class making different things in each station. At the game station they had a bunch of balloons which ended up just becoming free play and there were balloons flying everywhere. Every kid was grabbing whatever balloon they could see and blowing it up and letting it fly. I believe Ethan was not feeling well the next day. Makes total sense since all the kids were sharing all their germs with everyone. Gross!! haha











It was crazy but a success since all the kids had fun. At one point there was a grinch that you were supposed to put hearts on and Ethan went right over and put a heart on the grinch right in the private parts area. He turned around a laughed saying it was his "pee pee". I didn't know whether I should laugh or get him in trouble with all of his friends around him. I decided to give him the "disappointed" look and leave it at that. I was hoping he wouldn't be one of those boys that is doing stuff like that around everyone else. I know he has done it at home but to do it at school was a little much. I had a talk with him later that day when he got home. 


4 days before Christmas and we finally got some snow! It was finally feeling like Christmas and we were hoping that it would stick until after Christmas Day!


Nothing like a little hot "warm" cocoa and the "Santa Clause" movie to make it feel like Christmas! The Santa Clause was probably Wyatt's favorite this year! He wanted to watch it anytime I mentioned watching a Christmas movie! 



Wyatt was playing outside and then came in and told me he had made a snow angel. He made the perfect little snow angel. So naturally I had to document it! :-) 




Look at how pretty these trees looked!! The snow had started to melt and then the next morning it was super cold and the trees were covered in ice. It looked like a beautiful winter wonder land. 





So pretty!! The last time the trees looked like this was last year and I didn't get a picture of them because we were headed to church. So I made sure to get a picture this year! :-)




I bought egg nog for the first time in years. I wanted to let the boys try some. Emmett tried it first and it took him a second to react to the flavor. haha He wasn't so sure about it. His reaction was perfect and I had wished I had gotten it on video. So I attempted to let him try again and see if he would give the same reaction. It wasn't the same the second time around. He was just showing off for the camera by then. haha He all of a sudden liked it and wanted to keep drinking more. I used to love the stuff but its not my favorite anymore. Probably since it has been YEARS since I have had the stuff. haha

On Christmas Eve Eve we headed to Schiel's to let the kids play the shooting game and to walk around a little bit and then we headed to get some dinner. 













Since we normally end up going out for dinner on Christmas Eve we decided to go out on the 22nd since Christmas Eve was on a Sunday this year. So we headed to Nordy's and enjoyed a yummy meal together. The picture of Emmett was taken to show his sneaky self. We were all enjoying dinner and having fun and then all of a sudden Emmett was under the table with my phone playing a toca boca. haha What a nut!! Seriously anytime we are not sure where he is these days he is normally getting into trouble or snatched one of our phones and is hiding playing a game. haha


Random picture but Ethan painted this at school and I think it turned out really good so I had to post it somewhere. 

On Christmas Even we went to Church and then hangout and enjoyed spending some relaxing time together. We did the cousin exchange online and then later that day let the kids open their ornaments. 












Wyatt got a train this year because he absolutely LOVES trains right now. We almost got him a Mickey Mouse ornament but the train was so fitting because in the past month or so Emmett is always playing with the magnetic trains we have. He drives them the ottoman any chance he can get. 






Wyatt got this basketball one because this was the first year he played basketball. He was so excited about this ornament. 





Ethan got this lego batman ornament because he loves legos so much and loves batman still. So we thought a lego batman was fitting. He didn't seem too thrilled about it so I had to remind him that he needs to be grateful for what he gets or Santa might not bring him anything on Christmas day. He changed his attitude pretty quickly after that. 

After ornaments we made some homemade pizzas in Christmas shapes. haha 
Then we were off to go see some last minute Christmas lights.




Our first stop was in a neighborhood that had a sign "Santa Clause Lane". So we decided to check it out and it was a happy experience. Although it was not Thorough bread it was really cool. This tiny neighborhood had decked out the whole green space in the middle of the houses and had lights on their own houses. I was so happy we got to go see it. The boys thought it was super cool too and one of the neighbors in the area gave out little good bags to the cars driving by. Such a great little place to see some lights. We will be going back next year for sure. 


Our last stop was seeing the house that we saw last year that has their lights going along with music. The kids love this house and we always let them get unbuckled and look out the windows better. They have a lot of fun with it. 


Look at this amazing house. Brandon did such a good job this year. He wants to do even more next year. We just need to start earlier than we did this year. 







After seeing lights we arrived home and just in time too because Santa's elves dropped of the cookies for Santa as soon as we got home. So we washed our hands and got to work and made Santa's cookies. 


To end the evening Brandon read to them a short Christmas talk from one of the apostles. It talked about how Christmas it about love and children. Christmas started with a child and so we should celebrate our children and bringing happiness into their lives especially at Christmas time. It was a good talk and I think it calmed the boys down a little bit. haha Then I read a Christmas book to them and then it was time to head off to bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment