Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Arizona Trip

The week after Thanksgiving Brandon and I were able to leave to Arizona just us!! We were so excited to get away for a little bit. Brandon had a CE course in AZ so we decided to make a trip out of it. Plus the other Dentists in his group were going and bringing their wives. So we were excited to get away and have some fun with friends. I was a little nervous that I wouldn't be able to really enjoy it because I had not been feeling great but it turned out ok. The house that we rented had a sweet pool and a golf simulator and a pool table. It was a cool house and sadly we didn't use much of it. While the guys were at their meetings I got the simulator up and running and the other 2 girls that were with me did some church stuff. I guess they had stuff to get done for the callings. So after going out to breakfast and the store they started getting stuff done and I was left to do whatever on my own. So I got the golf simulator up and running and sat with my legs in the spa for a while and tried to watch some TV for a little while.







On Friday after the guys got done I went golfing with them and the girls went and got nails done (Which I had wanted to do the day before and mentioned it but we didn't do it) Golf was pretty fun but I got some heartburn while out golfing and didn't have my tums so that was not fun.
After golfing we headed to dinner with the other wives. They chose Mexican again! We had just had Mexican the night before and Brandon and I had just had Mexican at the airport the night before that. So this made 3 nights in a row of Mexican food. And it wasn't even good Mexican food. The airport food doesn't even need to be explained and the other 2 nights were fancy Mexican food. Which in my opinion is never very good.
Look at the size of those tacos!! When the server said 2 inches in diameter I thought he was joking. haha NOPE!! They were the smallest tacos ever and the corn tortillas were really thick and too corny!

This shrimp plate was I believe $15!! I mean 15 BUCKS!! For 3 shrimp!! Really??? Yet another reason I don't care for fancy Mexican places. The food never tastes that great to me especially for the price. 

We also got to go play at Top Golf! :-) 

Yay for Christmas lights!

Saturday morning we got ready for the day and then headed down to Gilbert to get some lunch and mainly to get some "Swig" like drinks. I really wanted a diet coke with coconut and rasberry. We headed down to Gilbert and got some yummy food at this Liberty Market place which was really yummy!! Then after that we were able to rent some electric scooters which was fun.






We also got to take part in the Givign Machine!! There are only 5 in the world and we happened to be in Gilbert on December 1st. The very first day that the machine was open!! It was super cool to be able to take part in the "Light the World" by donating something to the Giving Machine put out by the church!

It was so great to be able to do that! We picked the "feed a family for a month". Such a cool thing to be able to take part in. I am so glad we went down to Gilbert before leaving on a plane back home. So after eating some yummy food, taking part in the giving machine, riding around on electric scooters and getting our mixed sodas we headed to IN N OUT for one last fix before heading to the airport to go home. 

We arrived home around 9 that evening and found these cute notes left by Wyatt and Ethan.

Wyatt wrote this one for us and had it taped to the garage door so we saw it right as we were walking in. Pretty good job for being in kindergarten! 



Ethan wrote this note for us.
The notes were cute and made us laugh a little bit! 
That was it... our weekend get away was over and now we were back to real life. We ended up staying home from church the next day because Brandon was pretty sick and I was not feeling well either! Welcome back to reality! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment