Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Arizona Trip


Then on September 18th we Brandon, Kayden and I were off to Arizona. My mom offered to watch Kayden as well but I wanted to have him with me. I would miss him too much. That and I wanted the boys to get some good time with my parents. Especially Emmett. I figured it would allow Emmett to really get one on one time with Papa and GG. Then he could go play tennis and go for bike rides whenever he wanted to with them. Instead of being held back because of Kayden like he is when its just us. So I took Kayden with me so that I could also have something to do while Brandon was in meetings all day long. He was scheduled to be in meetings from 9-5 Thursday, Friday and even Saturday. So I wanted someone to talk to and something that I had to do while he was gone all day. We got all packed up which took a little bit more time because we had to pack up Kayden as well. Then we took off to the airport and got all checked in and to our gate. Then Kayden was ready for a bottle. So I went to get the bottle stuff ready and I noticed that the 2 formula containers that we had packed were not there. Only 1 of them was there. So we fed Kayden a bottle and only had 5 more ounces worth of formula in our diaper bag. We were a little worried when we realized that we didn't have the other formula container with us. So we got on the plane and soon as we were on the plane Kayden was hungry again. He drank the full 5 ounces and we were officially out of formula. Kayden then slept the rest of the time on the plane. When we landed we had to wait to get our bags and as soon as we got our bags we headed to get our rental car. They told us that they were really low on cars so that we could have an upgrade for free. So we got a nice new Buick Enclave. Then we headed to Costco so we could buy some formula for little Kayden. After grabbing formula we went to IN N OUT to eat some late lunch. As soon as we arrived at IN N OUT Kayden was hungry. It was perfect timing. We were so glad that we were able to get more formula before he was ready to eat again. 



IN N OUT was delicious as always and I pretended to give Kayden a drink of my soda! haha He was a happy little guy just hanging out in our laps and in the car seat while we ate. 

Look at that happy little boy! 
After some late lunch that we were so hungry for, we headed to Target to grab some little snacks and some water bottles for Kayden's bottles. 

Then it was off to the hotel. 
Kayden was then finally able to sleep laying down in his pack n play in our room.

After a nap we headed out to explore the resort. 











It was a really nice resort. 2 different pools and a lazy river. Pickle ball courts, tennis courts, a nice gym, outdoor games, restaurants and a pretty set up. Sadly, our room didn't have a microwave which we really needed. When Brandon asked about the microwaves he found out that none on the rooms had microwaves but there was one on the 4th floor. THANKFULLY our room was on the 4th floor. So we just warmed up a bunch of water and filled the thermos completely full with warm water so that we would be ready for when Kayden needed a bottle and wouldn't have to go to the microwave every time he needed a bottle. So that was kind of a pain but at least we were on the same floor as the microwave. After exploring we went and played some pickle ball and had Kayden just lay in the stroller with some toys. It was a nice evening with the sun down and it still being nice and warm. We had fun playing for about an hour and then went back to the room to put Kayden down for a nap and relax while watching some TV before going bed. 

The next morning started Brandon's CE course and mine and Kayden's one on one time. 

This was the meeting room Brandon went to every day. 

This is what Kayden and I did every day. haha 

Hanging by the pool with my little man! He didn't last very long before he wanted a nap again. So by the time I had gotten all ready and down to the pool he was about ready for a nap. So the first couple of times we went to the pool we would last about 30 minutes and then head back to the room to let him take a nap and I would get some work done on my blog. 

While we were away Emmett had fun at preschool and had a super hero day at school where they made capes and masks. What a cutie! 

Kayden was not a fan of this couch. I grabbed some lunch at one of the restaurants at the resort and then went to just sit out on a couch to enjoy being outside and not stuck in my hotel room all day. While I sat at the couch Kayden was tired and the door next to us was making a weird noise. The couch also made a weird noise as he scratched it with his finger nails. So he soon was making the cutest sad face and then crying. I kept trying to talk to him to calm him down but he was not really having it. So I took another bite of my lunch and packed it up to go back to the room so he could sleep. After Brandon got done with his meetings for the day we took Travis with us and headed to get some Mexican food for dinner at Ariba's and then some frozen yogurt at yogurtology. After that we called it a night so Kayden could get some sleep and relaxed in the room for the rest of the evening. 

The next morning my mom sent me a picture of all the kids enjoying some cinnamon honey toast with Papa. So cute!!! So I sent them a picture of me enjoying a protein drink for my breakfast. haha 
After getting some blog updated that morning while Kayden slept I headed down to the pool but first I went to Starbucks and grabbed a vanilla bean blended cream to enjoy by the pool. 

The kids also got to enjoy making some fun things with Papa and GG while we were gone. They were having a blast while we were gone. haha 

I enjoyed my drink thoroughly while sitting by the pool with this cutie! 

Oh wait.... he was tired again almost as soon as we got to the pool. I thought maybe he would fall asleep on the chair by the pool while I drank my drink and just enjoyed being outside but he didn't. So after Brandon came and said hi before heading back to his meeting we headed back to the room to let Kayden sleep and I slept a little bit as well. I also went and exercised that morning which was nice. Kayden just slept in his car seat while I did some weights and the row machine. 


Then my mom sent this picture and said that the kids road about 3 miles with them that day. 
Which I figured they were probably so excited to be out riding bikes with Papa and GG. These pictures were the exact reason I thought of taking Kayden with us. Letting our older boys really take advantage of time with Papa and GG was totally worth taking Kayden with us. 

Then Friday afternoon I headed out to the airport to pick up RaQuell Travis's wife. After picking her up we met down by the pool for a little bit. 



Kayden was a champ. He was so tired but I figured I would enjoy being by the pool for a little bit with a friend instead of being alone all day again. So we chatted for a little while and then headed to the lazy river for a few minutes. I didn't last very long there because by the time we got to the lazy river Kayden was really done and ready for a nap. So he was just crying by that time. So we headed back to the room for a nap. 

My mom also sent me a picture of Ethan mowing the lawn. She said that he was so proud of himself for mowing it all by himself and wanted her to send us a picture so that we knew he could do it. 
haha He is getting so grown up it is crazy! 

That Friday evening after the boys were done with their meetings we met up to go grab some dinner at a fancy restaurant. The restaurant was called Steak44 and it was actually really yummy. Super expensive.... but yummy. I wouldn't choose to go there again just because of how much it cost but it was really yummy. We shared some sides and enjoyed some steak and then were all stuffed by the time we left. On the way back to the hotel the Willey's little guy was exhausted and hungry and not happy at all. So we called it a night and headed back to the hotel. 

Saturday we met up with the guys when they had their break for lunch and RaQuell and I went down to grab lunch from the seminar that the guys were attending. It was pretty tasty. We felt a little funny going to get lunch from there being in our swimsuits but they had a taco salad bar and it was tasty and free. After lunch the guys went back to their meeting and me and RaQuell headed to the pool for a little bit. It was super packed outside and there was really no spots in the shade. Thankfully we finally found a spot in the shade near the bar area. 

By the time we got their Kayden was hungry so I fed him a bottle and he fell asleep on my afterwards. So I just enjoyed cuddling him and enjoying being outside by the pool. 
Then he started to fuss so I headed back to the room and let him sleep a little bit more. 

Look at that cutie pie. While we were there Brandon kept wanting to give Kayden tastes of sweet stuff. He gave him a taste of some pudding stuff and Kayden didn't really react to it. So it was kind of anti-climatic. Then we grabbed some dinner at IN N OUT that night and had to hit up Yogurtology again. 
It was pretty yummy and just fun to be all together. 









I really enjoyed having Kayden with me while Brandon was in his meetings all day for the 3 days. I would have been really bored if it was just me. At least having Kayden there gave me something to do. I made him giggle, chatted with him, gave him tummy time on me, took naps with him and explored with him. It was so much nicer than being on my own. Sure it made it a little harder to go do whatever we wanted when we wanted to but when Brandon was gone it was so nice to have Kayden with me. Plus I would have missed him to much. He is such a sweet little guy and with him being my last I feel like I am having a harder time letting him grow up and letting him be away from me. 

Sunday morning we started with going and playing some pickle ball. 



Kayden didn't handle hanging out in the stroller while we played as well that morning as he had. We played anyways. haha 
Then we got cleaned up and went to pick up some lunch for all of us. Travis and RaQuell had a really rough night. Their little guy was not feeling well and they think he had an ear infection. So he was up all night long and they just took turns walking him down the halls and rocking him. So they had Brandon call in a prescription and then they took a little nap. So while they tried to get some sleep Brandon and I ran to grab some pizza for all of us. 

What pretty flowers! 


The Beautiful views in Arizona..... NOT!! haha I don't miss any of this!! haha 

Barros Pizza!!! Oh man how we have missed Barros pizza. We were excited to get it this time around. Last time we went to AZ we never got the chance. Everyone wanted to go to fancy places to eat. Not my cup of tea! I would much rather go to cheaper, yummier places. haha 

Kayden's first time ever at Barros. haha 

We took the pizza back to the hotel to eat with our friends. We got all set up to eat it at one of the couches in the downstairs lobby. Then we were told that we couldn't eat there because it was outside food and the couches we were at were part of the restaurant in there. Kind of ridiculous. There was really no one there and we were sitting by the TV's so the guys could watch the football game. So Travis was really mad with the lack of sleep he had gotten. Although, it was really dumb that they made us move. We ended up moving to the upstairs lobby and sitting right in front of the entrance to the hotel. After eating some pizza we headed down to the pool. 





























Kayden was having fun in the water. He was making noises and grunting. haha It was funny! 

We also got some cotton candy dippin dots and then Pina coladas. The Pina coladas were really yummy!! They sure looked pretty too. haha 




















We had fun at the pool and Kayden lasted a lot longer this time. After swimming we got all cleaned up and then we headed to Devin's Moms house to join in the celebration of Akrin's birthday party. 




Jason and Devin were ironically in AZ when we were and they were celebrating Akrin's first birthday. So we decided to go say hi and wish him a happy birthday. After seeing them for a little bit we went to Brandon's old Dental school buddy Jason Millers house. We thought we were going to be eating dinner at their house and instead the message got misunderstood and they just had some apple crisp to share with us. So after having sweets after lunch and then sweets at the birthday party we had more sweets at the Millers house. We were sweeted out. So we left their house and went through the drive thru of IN N OUT to take back to the hotel. We enjoyed just relaxing that night and let Kayden sleep comfortably in his bed since he had slept in the car seat most of that day. We figured we would go play Pickle Ball in the morning. However, it ended up raining that night and into the morning. So we couldn't play pickle ball that Monday morning. 
We ended up just walking around and exploring it a little bit more and take some pictures before heading back home. 









Look at that sweet happy little guy!!! 


That Monday morning my mom sent me this picture of her Tennis buddy. haha They went and played Tennis that morning after Ethan and Wyatt went off to school. All of these pictures she sent me made me even happier that we took Kayden with us. 





After a few more pictures we had to check out. So we checked out of the hotel and took off to go do something indoors with our time before heading to the airport. 
I took this picture to send to the boys or just show the boys that there were lizards in Arizona. haha They get so excited about the lizards when we go to California so I thought they would be excited about these ones too. haha 

Then Brandon and I went to Dave and Busters to play some arcade games and be dorks. haha We won these Laffy taffy's that we figured we would give the boys. 


Changing Kayden's diaper in the pack of the car in between all of our luggage while we waited for the rain to calm down. 
Then we went inside a golf store and walked around and Brandon putted for a minute and then did the golf simulator. 
After messing around in there for little bit we headed to the airport and dropped off the rental car. We figured we would get to the airport and hangout for a little bit, grab some lunch and just enjoy not being rushed. Sadly, the flight got delayed which is why we went to the golf store. Then when we were at the airport it was delayed another hour or so. We were not excited because it meant that we were going to get home really late. 

When it came time to finally board we were glad to be getting out of there and to get home. However, we then had to sit on the plane for another 45 minutes to an hour just waiting for the plane to take off.  It was not fun! We ended up not getting home until after midnight and Brandon had to work that next day! It was a late night all thanks to a delayed flight. The trip had been pretty fun and sadly the ending had to be lame. haha Raining that day so we were limited on what we could do and then a long delayed flight home. It was nice to get home and sleep in our beds and see our other kids. Plus we were going to have a fun rest of the week with my parents. 










No comments:

Post a Comment