Monday, November 11, 2019

Off to California

Thursday morning July 18th we finished packing up the car and then took off to the airport to drop me and Kayden off. Brandon and the boys dropped us off and then started their long road trip. 

Poor little Kayden was asleep as we went to go through security. I didn't realize that I couldn't just walk through security with Kayden in the stroller so when I had to wake him up and get him out of the stroller he was so sad. I was hoping to get through security before feeding him. So I made it through security and to the gate and then fed him. I also had to bring the eye drops and keep giving them to him that day. 




Kayden did such a great job on the flight to California. He cried for just a little bit and as soon as I could get him to take his binkie he fell asleep and slept the whole flight. As soon as we got through the airport and waited for my mom to come pick us up Kayden was screaming hungry. So I hung by a table and fed him and my mom showed up and after he drank a little bit we headed out of the airport. I had survived my first flight on my own with a 2 month old. 








Giving little guy some tummy time before going to run some errands. 

We had to go to Costco to get a few things for the Reunion. A FEW? My parents are crazy! haha They bought so much stuff!! haha 

My Dad really wanted to buy these super soakers for the kids. haha They bought so many things that they really didn't need. haha It was all for the fun of it. haha After buying half of the store we headed back to the house and relaxed. 

It was hard not having our swing and chairs for Kayden to lay in. We tried laying him in a bean bag chair but he got really hot and sweaty and so we laid him on this chair. It was a little too upright but eventually he fell asleep on it. 

Brandon sent me this picture of the boys on their drive. They had stayed in a hotel to swim and get a break before driving the rest of the way the next day. That morning they went to a buffet for breakfast and this is the picture Brandon sent me. Nothing like ice cream for breakfast! haha 

So I sent him this picture in return. Cuddling up on my baby. My happy place in the mornings. 

Such a sweet little face. 

After Brandon arrived with the boys we went and got IN N OUT! DELICIOUS!! Then the kids played in the backyard and had a blast. Brandon and I also were able to go on a day date to celebrate my Birthday. I didn't know what I wanted to do so we decided to go see a movie with our movie tickets my parents gave us for Christmas. So naturally we would grab some lunch before. 



This was our lunch before the movie. haha We shared a sandwich and got some hot dog on a stick. haha Then we enjoyed "Endgame" before heading back to the house. 

When we got back to the house GG told me how silly the boys were. They were so willing to help her out with things she was doing and Wyatt was a little liar. haha She also said that Kayden was such a cutie but wouldn't settle for more than a few minutes. She would get him to sleep and then put him down and 20 minutes later he would cry. She said, "No wonder you can't get anything done around the house." Pretty much!! haha But he sure is a cutie! 

We also went and got Mod pizza with my parents and Ashley's little guy Harvey since they were watching him that night. 

He was so funny. He kept chomping on cups and then they would fall and he would need another one. 

After pizza Brandon and I took the boys to get some ice cream. 












Lets just say it ended well!! The kids enjoyed it! haha 



We had a couple of days to hangout at the house and help get things ready to leave on Monday for the Beach house. It was a good couple of days. We always enjoy time at Papa and GG's house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment