Sunday, November 3, 2019

Emmett turns 4

That's right our little Emmett turned 4 years old this past June!! So crazy that he is already 4 years old. He is a tender hearted and yet stubborn kid. He still wakes up at night and comes in to have us tuck him back in bed. We thought we were done with that when he moved into the room with his brothers but sadly that only lasted for a little while and then he picked right back up where he left off. Waking us up in the middle of the night sometimes multiple times. He is the most shy out of all of our kids and I kind of like how timid he acts at times. He was so excited that he was going to be going to preschool this year. Anyways, Emmett was so excited for his birthday and wanted to go play mini golf and have cake and ice cream. So we started off the day with birthday donuts.






What a cute family I have! 
After some yummy donuts we headed home to have some plantains and let him open a present. 








He was so excited to have another car that he could open up all the doors and trunk space on. 



Then he got to feed Kayden a bottle. He was so excited to feed Kayden a bottle. They also were able to go to the pool for a little bit. I stayed home with Kayden for the pool. I decided I would go with them to mini golf but I didn't want to be outside with Kayden all day long. After the pool we let him open up the rest of his presents. 



























Then it was time for some cake (brownie) and ice cream. This year was hard to do any really cool cakes. With feeling awful while pregnant and then still being sore from just having Kayden I didn't feel like making a cake this year. Emmett wanted a basketball cake so I made a brownie in a round cake pan and then we slightly frosted it. The boys enjoyed it and Emmett thought it looked cool. So win win! 






















After enjoying some brownie cake and cookies and cream ice cream we headed to play mini golf. 


Sure do love this little boy!! 

Kayden was asleep and I was very thankful because it was crowded at Fort Fun. I was hoping it wouldn't be very crowded since Kayden was only 4 weeks old. I was so nervous about all the germs around him. So I was glad that he slept basically the whole time so I could keep him covered up. Especially when we were at the first hole and 4 kids walked up and were standing so close to us it was as if they were trying to cut in front of us. It was really weird and I almost said something because they were totally in our space. But, I held my tongue and they ended up leaving (thankfully). 

We had fun mini golfing and then we headed to grab some dinner and then home. 

To end the evening we watched a movie and let Emmett eat his dinner on a pan on the couch because he was the king for the day. He was so excited that he got to eat his dinner on the couch while we watched a movie. It was a good birthday. I wasn't feeling super great. I was super sore from some kind of infection I had from nursing Kayden and so I decided to stop nursing because I could barely think straight from how bad I was hurting. So besides being in so much pain we were able to enjoy the day and Kayden was a trooper with the things we went and did. I am also glad that Brandon had the day off so he could help make the day special for Emmett. 

No comments:

Post a Comment