Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Some ropes course and a Train Ride

The following weekend after Great wolf lodge we headed back down to south Denver to let the boys do this massive ropes course that Brandon won in some raffle and then go on a train ride. So we made our way down to Denver, grabbed some lunch and then hit the ropes course. 

It was massive!!











































Brandon didn't realize that there were different levels so he went all the way to the top with the boys. I was surprised that the boys actually went on the ropes that high up! They were way more brave than I thought they were going to be.
While they were on their adventure I went to go on the massive stairway with Kayden to do something.

I enjoyed my stairs with this cutie!

It was quite a long way up! I wasn't sure if I would make it all the way up but I thought I would try.

and I made it!!!!
Kayden fell asleep on the way up so I just kept walking.




Pretty cool view from the very top!

After making it to the top I had to go back down. Going back down made me a little nervous just because I was holding Kayden and I kept thinking of how terrible it would be to fall going down those stairs with him on. So I took them pretty carefully. Once I made it down I walked back over to the ropes course to see how the boys were doing.







Emmett was being so brave! I was so proud of him. He got stuck on this car part because his little legs were too short. That and he was way to scared to climb out of the car and walk across the ropes by himself.


























Poor little Emmett was so brave until the end. Then he was just too scared to go any farther. I don't blame him though. The 2 obstacles in front of him were pretty tricky. I think he had been brave long enough and was finally not able to hold it in anymore.













Ethan and Wyatt had fun acting like ninja warriors! It was fun watching them.





















It was fun for the boys but Brandon said he didn't think it was worth it for how expensive it was. So it was a good thing that it was free for all of them to go. At least they were able to get the experience and have some fun working together. 

After the ropes course we headed out to the Royal Gorge Train ride for a pretty long ride and some dinner. The boys were super excited to go on a train ride. I was just hoping that the food was going to be tasty. 

These boys were so ready to get on the train. We had to wait for about an hour before we boarded the train. 




So we took a bathroom break and then the kids played over at the little park that was there. After that they played in the massive amount of leaves near the park. 
They had so much fun jumping into these leaves. At one point Wyatt decided to jump on the pile of leaves onto his bum. Ya... he felt that one!! haha 














Then I had Ethan hold Kayden to let Kayden experience some crunchy leaves for the first time. He wasn't sure what to do with it. haha 

But I was able to get this super cute picture of him. I just LOVE this picture!! Such a cute little bull dog face!! 



















Thankfully, we were able to get a picture of all of us in the leaves before boarding the train. I was glad that the trees had dropped so many leaves. We got some cute pictures out of it and the boys had so much fun in them. I don't think they have ever had that many leaves to play in before. 


Then it was finally time to get on the train. 






The kids thought it was pretty cool at first. However, they wanted it to go faster and were bummed when we told them that it wasn't going to go any faster. haha At least this train ride we actually went up the mountain. Thankfully we were able to get the end of the car table with an extra long bench. 

It made it nice to be able to lay Kayden down on the bench. He just gets so tired of being held for a long time. So he was so much happier being laid down. Crazy enough he didn't end up falling asleep until more than half way through the train ride. He just fought it with all his might. 


















There was some pretty views on the way up the mountain. We were also given some history on a bridge and the pipeline running up the mountain. 


We were all really hungry and by the time we got our food the sun was starting to go down. I was sure glad that I had gotten the chicken when I saw how bloody the prime rib was. The chicken was super tough. The asparagus was pretty yummy though. Brandon ate his prime rib, not sure if it was good at all but he ate it. haha The kids ate their food and then as we reached the end of the track and were about to head back down the mountain we realized that we could have gone to an outside car to enjoy the views. 








So once the sun was down we went outside. We should have gone to the outside car way earlier. It would have been way cooler to see the sights on the outside then through some windows. By the time the sun went down it got pretty chilly outside. So I didn't stay outside with Kayden for long. 

I headed back inside with Kayden, Ethan and Wyatt to see if they had brought dessert out yet. As soon as we got inside and I laid Kayden down he started to finally fall asleep. Then of course Wyatt wanted to go back outside. He wasn't supposed to go outside without an adult going with him. So he was getting all bummed out that he couldn't go because I couldn't take him. Eventually he was able to go back outside. 


Then we tried our desserts. Wyatt tasted his and said, "This is disgusting!" Then Guy the friends we came with said to Wyatt, "This is the best train dessert I have ever had!" Wyatt couldn't believe it .So I told him to ask Guy how many train desserts he had had before. So Wyatt did and he responded with, "One. This one! So it is the best and worst train dessert I have ever had!" haha Wyatt still didn't agree and kept saying that it was the worst. haha It was like a tapioca pudding or something weird! It was just nice that the whole night was free for us. By the time we got back to the station Kayden had slept for maybe a half hour and was so tired. The other boys were tired but fought going to sleep for a little bit. Sadly, after the train ride got done at 8:30 we had a 3 hour drive back home. We were not excited about the drive but we also didn't want to stay in a hotel for the night and have to drive the next day. So we made the 3 hour drive back home so we could sleep in our own beds. The kids slept basically the whole way home. Emmett started to cry the last half hour. He was over tired and I think his legs were hurting him sitting in his carseat. Or his legs fell asleep. Either way he kept crying and then Ethan started crying so we were so ready to be back home and get them all in bed. It was a very busy day but we did have some fun times!


No comments:

Post a Comment